Why Did LF marry sansa off to Ramsay?

The 999th Sword of Braavos

Oh, I'm pretty sure that storyline was written after the decision to rape Sansa, not before of it. hence, why it's full of holes and downright idiotic characterization for everyone involved. The rape was the main scene, the rest was written around it.

The rape happened because it happened in the books. Not because they wanted Sansa raped.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that storyline was written after the decision to rape Sansa, not before of it. hence, why it's full of holes and downright idiotic characterization for everyone involved. The rape was the main scene, the rest was written around it.

The rape lasted for ten seconds and was completely offscreen. The main scenes were Sansa finding out her brothers were alive and Sansa escaping with Theon.

The rape happened because it happened in the books. Not because they wanted Sansa raped.

Oh, the classic defense. :lmao: Err, no, it did not. None of it happened in the books.

Unless you mean "well, some girl was raped, so any other girl can be raped instead, because female characters are interchangeable rape dolls."

Oh, the classic defense. :lmao: Err, no, it did not. None of it happened in the books.

Unless you mean "well, some girl was raped, so any other girl can be raped instead, because female characters are interchangeable rape dolls."

Again, they chose to replace Jeyne with Sansa. Jeyne was raped in the books thus Sansa was raped in the show. I've stated above why I think they replaced Jeyne with Sansa and it has nothing to do with the rape.

The rape lasted for ten seconds and was completely offscreen. The main scenes were Sansa finding out her brothers were alive and Sansa escaping with Theon.

Oh, I see. So Sansa married a psycho from the family that murdered her family, lost her virginity to rape, got repeatedly raped and abused and victimized for an entire season in order to... learn something Jon Snow has known since last season and has done nothing about?

What, don't they have ravens at the Wall? Couldn't he have sent her a letter? 

And the other main point was... Sansa escaping from the situation that she wouldn't even have been in the first place if not for this stupid and illogical storyline? Why didn't she stay in the Vale, safe, not raped, not beaten, treated well by the Vale lords, twisting LF around her little finger and urging the Vale lords to help her regain her homeland? That's where they left her the last season.

Heck, even Theon's storyline didn't need Sansa to be raped. His "redemption" was killing Myranda. Myranda wasn't even the one raping and beating Sansa. But Myranda raped Theon in season 3 and helped Ramsay castrate him. Why didn't he just kill Myranda for what she had done to him, and be "an empowered man"? Or why didn't he kill her for that girl she helped Ramsay hunt and kill, or others that no doubt suffered the same fate? Or why didn't he help that old lady to escape and not be flayed? Or one of the northern lords Ramsay flayed? What, their Theon only rescues "important" girls, young beautiful and very highborn girls, preferably with the Stark last name - other victims can go fuck themselves?

Again, they chose to replace Jeyne with Sansa. Jeyne was raped in the books thus Sansa was raped in the show. I've stated above why I think they replaced Jeyne with Sansa and it has nothing to do with the rape.

Exactly.  Rape wasn't the reason the story happened, it was the consequence. Of course they could have actually had her marry Ramsey and them some how magically he refrains from touching her or trying it on with.. because thats completely in his character. I think many here would have preferred that.

Again, they chose to replace Jeyne with Sansa. Jeyne was raped in the books thus Sansa was raped in the show. I've stated above why I think they replaced Jeyne with Sansa 

So, the answer is yes. You do think female characters are interchangeable rape dolls.

Or maybe it's not just females, I shouldn't be jumping the gun and accusing you of sexism. Maybe you think that all characters are interchangeable, and you'd also find it perfectly reasonable if Tyrion's season 5 storyline consisted of him being gang raped every episode by Victarion's crew (after having lost all brain cells and decided that joining a crew of brutal Iron Men who hate intellectuals and despise dwarfs was a really good idea), before being rescued by Penny in the finale. "It's from the books! Maester Kerwin was gang raped! And it was worse, they killed him in the end!"

and it has nothing to do with the rape.

:rolleyes: Suuuure. What else happened to Sansa this season that also happened to Jeyne?

Exactly.  Rape wasn't the reason the story happened, it was the consequence. Of course they could have actually had her marry Ramsey and them some how magically he refrains from touching her or trying it on with.. because thats completely in his character. I think many here would have preferred that.

Yeah, it's not like they could have, you know, not made Sansa marry Ramsay, since that made zero sense, and refrained from magically making Sansa, LF and Roose lose all brain cells and act totally out of character and devoid of logic, just to make that happen, so Ramsay could rape Sansa. But it's only important for Ramsay to be in character, because he's clearly the protagonist of the North arc.

LittleFinger: ' The last time the east and the north combined their power they took down one of the most powerful dynasties in Westeros'

To me that seems like an indirect way of saying 'If we get together we can take the Iron Throne'

It was more than the Vale and the North, The Riverlands and the Stormlands were with them. The Westerlands sat on their ass as did the Iron Islands until the war was won. Dorn sent 10k because hostages in Elia and Rheagar's kids. The show cannot make a complelling reason for LF 's action. His "reasoning" is more of an "excuse" as to why they wanted to get Sansa into Ramsay's hands and raped. Period.

Oh, I see. So Sansa married a psycho from the family that murdered her family, lost her virginity to rape, got repeatedly raped and abused and victimized for an entire season in order to... learn something Jon Snow has known since last season and has done nothing about?

What, don't they have ravens at the Wall? Couldn't he have sent her a letter? 

And the other main point was... Sansa escaping from the situation that she wouldn't even have been in the first place if not for this stupid and illogical storyline? Why didn't she stay in the Vale, safe, not raped, not beaten, treated well by the Vale lords, twisting LF around her little finger and urging the Vale lords to help her regain her homeland? That's where they left her the last season.

Heck, even Theon's storyline didn't need Sansa to be raped. His "redemption" was killing Myranda. Myranda wasn't even the one raping and beating Sansa. But Myranda raped Theon in season 3 and helped Ramsay castrate him. Why didn't he just kill Myranda for what she had done to him, and be "an empowered man"? Or why didn't he kill her for that girl she helped Ramsay hunt and kill, or others that no doubt suffered the same fate? Or why didn't he help that old lady to escape and not be flayed? Or one of the northern lords Ramsay flayed? What, their Theon only rescues "important" girls, young beautiful and very highborn girls, preferably with the Stark last name - other victims can go fuck themselves?

Sansa knowing that Bran and Rickon are alive is probably going to play an important role this upcoming season. So, yes, that was a much more important scene than her rape. 

A story needs to have conflict. Otherwise, it hardly can be called a story at all. Sansa sitting comfortably in the Vale, eating lemon cakes all day, safe and sound would be incredibly boring.

Theon has been beaten and tortured for awhile now. For him to suddenly snap out of it would have been hard to believe. Sansa was the catalyst Theon needed to finally overcome his Reek persona. She chipped away his Reek identity piece by piece until Theon was finally able to regain who he is.

The rape was the only part of the "interchangeable female" Ramsay's bride story they kept. It absolutely was for the rape.

Why do people seem to think that Sansa's story in the Vale was not interesting? Now, the show expands and contracts when it wants to. Sansa was our POV behind the scenes to what LF is doing and she herself has a personal story. She was not sitting around eating lemon cakes. Intrigue, bastards, friends and rumors were abound.  personally find Arya's story more boring once she is in Braavos compared to Sansa's in the Vale.

Why do people seem to think that Sansa's story in the Vale was not interesting? Now, the show expands and contracts when it wants to. Sansa was our POV behind the scenes to what LF is doing and she herself has a personal story. She was not sitting around eating lemon cakes. Intrigue, bastards, friends and rumors were abound.  personally find Arya's story more boring once she is in Braavos compared to Sansa's in the Vale.

Literally all she does it try to get Robin to stop crying and shaking. Sure if you think thats more interesting that a girl training to be a secret assassin thats personal preference. 

That might have been a bit harsh on my part, but I was only trying to explain why Annara Snow's idea to have Sansa safe in the Vale wouldn't have been a very good one. I'm sure it would have been comforting to Sansa fans who want her finally to be safe, but for someone like me, who is entirely indifferent towards her character, I wouldn't mind her to be in a dangerous situation, and thus adding to the drama.

Literally all she does it try to get Robin to stop crying and shaking. Sure if you think thats more interesting that a girl training to be a secret assassin thats personal preference. 

Her story in the Vale from the Books goes further. GRRM I am sure told them more about it then what he had writen through ADWD. The show made the decisions it did and went with it. It is not fair to blame GRRM for how many chapters she has through the latest books. GRRM have opend up with the show writers on the major characters. Now, ask me if I think Sansa crosses paths with Aegon and I think that is huge possibilty. Arianne was probably not cast for the same reason.

The decision "putting Sansa and Ramsay together" apparently was hatched while the honchos were writing Season 2. 

We really wanted Sansa to play a major part this season,” Benioff said.

And what was that major part? The sum total: Get forced into a marriage with the people she knows killed her mother and brother -- by the man she DOESN'T know got her father killed; then she's raped; raped more and beaten; and then she jumps off a high wall, but only after expressing a wish to commit suicide by Myranda. 

Yeah, "major part" indeed. 

So, the answer is yes. You do think female characters are interchangeable rape dolls.

Or maybe it's not just females, I shouldn't be jumping the gun and accusing you of sexism. Maybe you think that all characters are interchangeable, and you'd also find it perfectly reasonable if Tyrion's season 5 storyline consisted of him being gang raped every episode by Victarion's crew (after having lost all brain cells and decided that joining a crew of brutal Iron Men who hate intellectuals and despise dwarfs was a really good idea), before being rescued by Penny in the finale. "It's from the books! Maester Kerwin was gang raped! And it was worse, they killed him in the end!"

:rolleyes: Suuuure. What else happened to Sansa this season that also happened to Jeyne?

Now, you're just being rude and offensive. I'm done discussing with you.

from a strategic point of  view it was an excellent move, please the boltons pit the boltons against stannis. both houses get weakened further. get the crown to help u take out the boltons and baratheons as in taking over the north looking like he saved the day, next will probably be to rally the entire north vale and attack the crown after he has gotten the support he needs.

That might have been a bit harsh on my part, but I was only trying to explain why Annara Snow's idea to have Sansa safe in the Vale wouldn't have been a very good one. I'm sure it would have been comforting to Sansa fans who want her finally to be safe, but for someone like me, who is entirely indifferent towards her character, I wouldn't mind her to be in a dangerous situation, and thus adding to the drama.

The Vale story has a lot of angst to it in that Littlefinger is creeping on her constantly. She went through the gauntlet in Kings Landing on the show for 3 and a half seasons. Non stop. the Vale was a place to learn a little and grow up a little, like Bran with Bloodraven, Jon at the Wall, Rickon with Osha and Arya in Braavos.  I think the show really wanted the rape/sex and as much of the flesh of Sophie they could get her to show as they could. That is what this show is infamous for. They went with that. The storyline of her and lf makes no sense. LF exposed himself as a traitor by even sending the offer letter to the Boltons in the firstplace. They could have sent the letter to King's Landing with LF's seal on it and he would be done for. Sansa must have realized that, so she never had a choice in going like the showrunners and LF said. She knew she had to be delivered to the Boltons as she was wanted by the crown and the Boltons would have LF's goose cooked if he did not deliver her. The showrunners did not even consider that when saying she had a choice. no she did not. Sorry if I am getting pissed but the whole Story line of Sansa and littlefinger and the explaination by the showrunners is very insulting to all of our collective and individual intelligence.

Archived