Donald Trump is worse than Joffrey

Daendrew

Trump has compared himself favourably to the treatment of Japanese residents in the US in world war 2, partly on the basis that the US is at war. With whom is the US at war? If the ban is on all Muslims, that suggests the US is at war with Islam, as a whole. At least in the case of WW2 the US was at war with an entire nation, not just a radical Japanese fringe. If the US had locked up all people that looked Asian during WW2 then that might be comparable to Trump's proposal.

On the other hand Trump doesn't want to lock up anybody without trial or confiscate their property like FDR did. He just wants to ban them coming to US (and that only until "we figure out what is going one", and while that might damage US image in muslim countries it is hardly horrible thing to these immigrants - they will either go somewhere else or remain in their home countries.

Jimmy fucking Carter banned immigration of ALL Iranians during hostage crisis, does anyone call him Hitler because of that?

link

malik, in the US, we have to take all candidates seriously.  

taking them seriously does not usually include making dubious comparisons to absolute monarchs, on the one hand, or fascists, on the other.

Way to totally ruin my essay on how Trump is just like Aethelred the Unready.

Killjoy!!!

I'm gonna have to go back to writing My Little Pony MPREG fics instead.

1) Hitler deported German and foreign Jews to concentration camps to die. Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants back to their native countries. These are not the same thing, not even close.

2) You clearly don't know what a fascist is.

3) The only Republican candidate whose stated that he's against mass deportations on moral grounds (not practical ones) is Jeb Bush.

I'm just as disturbed by Donald Trump's popularity as anyone, but this comparison is so asinine and offensive... I have no words. I mean, besides to say that I have no words.

In Operation Wetback Americans deported an enormous number of Mexicans and dropped them off in the middle of the desert to die. It is a blight on our history not taught in most history classes.

J.K. Rowling says Trump is worse than Voldemort.

Who takes this man seriously ? What are you suffering from that you give this man value, importance, respect ? How fucked up are you to even consider this man can become the President of the United States ?

He is the leader of the GOP. The Republican base takes him more seriously than any other candidate. His polling is twice as high as his nearest rival. This has been consistent for over six months on every poll. 

He is the Republican id. It is unfathomable to me and you. But not to 36% of Republicans. 

Why is our media pushing Trump?

Why do we get this indignation but nothing calm and factually?  It does nothing but continue on a path where there is such hyperbolic and self-satisfying platitudes that people think there is a deeper truth.

I do not see this as a befuddled, infotainment-iddled media.  That Murdoch release a tweet on halting refugees is a shows of the push that is happening.

On the other hand Trump doesn't want to lock up anybody without trial or confiscate their property like FDR did. He just wants to ban them coming to US (and that only until "we figure out what is going one", and while that might damage US image in muslim countries it is hardly horrible thing to these immigrants - they will either go somewhere else or remain in their home countries.

Jimmy fucking Carter banned immigration of ALL Iranians during hostage crisis, does anyone call him Hitler because of that?

link

How do you or anyone know what Trump wants? What he wants already is abhorrent enough.

I'm not sure how or why you are suggesting Carter banning immigration of all Iranians is equivalent to banning immigration of all Muslims. The latter is far worse for a number of reasons and in any case, Carter is kind of irrelevant while Trump and his rabid, gun-toting, racist fanboys are saying we need glorious leader Trump to make America great again. That we need a national database of Muslims. I'm sure the folks at Stormfront who think Trump is the greatest thing ever will be happy to stop at Muslims. First they came for the Muslims, but it was okay because they stopped after that.

Carter wasn't shouting at an angry, violent mob as they turned against the one black protester, egging them on while they howled and punched. Carter didn't feed race hatred and fear in order to rise to power. Even if Carter had done this sort of thing, that wouldn't excuse Trump at all, just incriminate Carter in addition. Trump is a dark wizard transforming people's ignorance, confusion and fear into certainty and anger.

It's funny you mention that because even the Right Wing media (Fox primarily) was trying to trip him up in the early going. They weren't pushing him at all, they were trying to marginalize him. After the first Fox sponsored GOP debate there was so much backlash from their own viewership that they changed course dramatically. This was after Trump basically said that Megyn Kelly must have been "on the rag" (paraphrased) for that debate. 

You ask this question in a Trump is like X threat? Did you see any Hillary is like X Threats? Or Sanders is like X threat? Or a rubio/cruz/bush...

Simple: Because people want trump. Everybody who has been writing here (well I except the girls and guys generally angered by hitler comparism, for them I can'T say. But Most of the I would assume should be included too) wants Trump.

Archived