Donald Trump is worse than Joffrey

Daendrew

Outside of the fact that they have neither a platform the whole party can get behind or a viable candidate, sure. Obamahate is going to close that gap? 

In the fantasy world where having an unfavorable opinion of Trump is a minority view, obviously Obama hatred is widespread and an unstoppable force!

For all that conservatives say liberals live in a bubble, conservatives were absolutely sure that real Americans hated Obama in 2012 and were sneering at people who could do basic math who said that Obama was almost certainly going to be reelected.

Edit: NOT going to be reelected

Edit 2: had it right the first time

For all that conservatives say liberals live in a bubble, conservatives were absolutely sure that real Americans hated Obama in 2012 and were sneering at people who could do basic math who said that Obama was almost certainly going to be reelected.

To be fair, I simply cannot take Trump seriously, despite how good his numbers have been. I hope I'm not deluding myself, but delusion Trumps having to believe this guy has an actual shot at the nomination, let alone the office.

if obama could run again he would get elected, im sure. we know why that is. will those same people who voted for barack only because he is black vote for Carson?

Even if that did hold up to closer review (I don't believe it does) it's not going to be an issue as Carson is not going to get the nomination either.

due to Trumps poll ratings id say most of the people posting in this thread are in the minority in regards to their feelings about him. however laughable it may seem to have him as our president I can say this about him: he is not a career politician, which only makes what he says believable, and that is rare today.

This always confuses me. I do actually understand the advantage of having a man whose rhetoric you actually believe. There's something to be said about integrity and all that. But surely the sincerity with which a message is uttered is second to the actual content of that message.  If what Trump says is either preposterous (Mexico will pay for the wall!) or reprehensible, why is sincere belief in that message a good thing advantage?

Similarly, I understand the concern of politicians purchased by Wall Street. But the fear of such politicians is (at least to me) because they are beholden to interests I find unpalatable. Trump is free of those interests, sure—but as he manages to be sufficiently unpalatable on his own, I don't see why I should vote for him because of that. 

due to Trumps poll ratings id say most of the people posting in this thread are in the minority in regards to their feelings about him. however laughable it may seem to have him as our president I can say this about him: he is not a career politician, which only makes what he says believable, and that is rare today.

The problem is that the majority of floating votes, who will decide the election, are actually moderate. That's why they're floating, as they will switch from Republican to Democrat from election to election. These are the last people who will vote for Trump in a million years, they will either abstain or go for the Democrat candidate.

And if by some miracle Trump got elected, one of either two things would happen. First, he wouldn't fulfil half of his promises because they breach the American constitution and would turn into yet another lameduck president failing to live up to his promises, or he will try and be impeached in short order.

The Campaigner is never the President, but rarely is the gulf between the two as utterly titanic as it is with Trump.

The problem is that the majority of floating votes, who will decide the election, are actually moderate. That's why they're floating, as they will switch from Republican to Democrat from election to election. These are the last people who will vote for Trump in a million years, they will either abstain or go for the Democrat candidate.

And if by some miracle Trump got elected, one of either two things would happen. First, he wouldn't fulfil half of his promises because they breach the American constitution and would turn into yet another lameduck president failing to live up to his promises, or he will try and be impeached in short order.

The Campaigner is never the President, but rarely is the gulf between the two as utterly titanic as it is with Trump.

Trump is in my opinion the "fuck you vote". The only chance I see is if people are very angry at the estabilshment. (Another economical crisis, terror attack, severe international problems etc. In short if people would feel, that a message is needed badly and that no "establishment candidate would do anything anyhow...)

Well, what kind of a president trump would be is difficult to tell...

The problem is that the majority of floating votes, who will decide the election, are actually moderate.

Not really true any more. US elections aren't decided by floating voters, they're decided by turnout. It's why so much of American politics these days is about appealing to the base and mobilising the core support, and why Democrats tend to do worse in the low-turnout mid-terms.

That said, the Electoral College geography and associated demographic trends make a Republican Presidency damn hard to achieve these days. Once you factor in the potential Hillary vs. Trump/Cruz battle, a Democratic win in 2016 looks very, very short odds.

I have to agree with RBPL. All the polisci research I've seen says that the vast majority of independents are in no real sense "independent" but vote for one of the two major parties with almost perfect consistency. Though if there's anything that could dislodge some of the standard voting patterns, a candidate as extreme as Trump might well be it. 

I've been reading a number of articles about Trump's narcissism. I have a lot of personal experience with the damage a narcissist can cause so it is an interesting topic to me. My experience is they tend to be less successful and not able to hold a job. They pull people in quickly and the relationship will blow up rapidly once people figure out there are issues.

Trump does not really fit the narcissist model I've experienced but I recognize there is a breed of successful narcissist leader types. I think the biggest tell tale sign with Trump is his clear lack of empathy. Pretty much all the candidates running for president have some level of Narcissism (except maybe the Bern). What I know about the Narcissist leaders is that you have to be concerned about the quick burn out effect. Once they dont deliver on promises or blow up relationships followers become dissatisfied and abandon them. We have not seen that with Trump yet but it is still pretty early.

The other thing I cant reconcile with the Trump-Narcissism dynamic is the effect on his children. Typically the children are pretty damaged and have major feelings of inadequacies. Impossible to know but the Trump kids seem pretty normal in comparison to the children of narcissists that I have interacted with. All of my personal experiences have been with unsuccessful narcissists though so I cant really tell if there is anything there.  My instinct is that:

• They either picked up full blown narcissism from the father
  • They were not effected because Trump is less of a Narcissist than he seems to be. 

Business partners with trump have literally given him money to stop being in business with them. He rarely works with anyone very long.

He has money. So people work for him. That's about it.

Easiest way to explain his kids is that he is not a member of their lives.

On Facebooks Trump-related news feed, a lot of Trump supporters are "liking" a lot of comments that are... well, ugly.

For example:

Putin has more Brains than Obama.....President Putin did, during his introductory remarks to a meeting of the Board of the Federal Migration Service in January 2012, speak words somewhat similar to the sentiments expressed in the item reproduced below.,

“In Russia live like Russians.
Any minority, from anyPresident Putin did, during his introductory remarks to a meeting of the Board of the Federal Migration Service in January 2012, speak words somewhat similar to the sentiments expressed in the item reproduced above,where, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws.
If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslims then we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state law.
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell ‘discrimination’.
We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture.
We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation.
The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia.
The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities are not Russians.”
The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.

This comment has 3,202 likes. I guess because it manages to tap into that overwhelming hatred for Muslims in addition to that massive throbbing erection the right wing has for Putin at the same time.

So well past a week after the Islamic Muslim terror attack in CA I am still waiting.. and waiting... Where is the Muslim solidarity to advocate against the terror that supposedly (Hijacks) their religion of peace? Where are all the commercials on TV or on SiriusXM ( national audience) denouncing these acts and how they are one with the American people? That they are Americans too that were victimized by this aberration of their faith committed by people who are in the extreme minority? Where are the newspaper ads in the Times, Posts, and other publications announcing Muslim marches across the country and around the world lead by Imam's from all sects? Where are the US taxpayer funded CAIR organizing Muslim marches to stand up against this cancerous ideology that everyone else so constantly and incorrectly always misinterprets? Their silence and inaction speaks loudly. It also just affirms what most able minded humans with a brain already know. We've seen it for decades now. Since they all hide in each other's shadows and no one stands up against the (supposed) bad ones. Then none of them can be trusted. We need to Make America Great Again!!!

This next-most liked comment on Donald J Trump's news feed, with 1,217 likes as of today, talks about Making America Great Again and how Muslims all "hide in each other's shadows" and can't be trusted. It gives the standard "how come the moderate Muslims don't destroy ISIS/protest terrorism" argument which demands for Muslims themselves to dismantle Islamophobes' confirmation biases. Which, of course, won't happen, and can never happen (as the fact that when Muslims do protest or fight against Islamic terrorism, it goes unnoticed... as this comment's very existence demonstrates).

Trump himself may or may not be a racist asshole idiot (he probably is) but his followers absolutely are. It is terrifying how much cognitive distortion they put themselves through to support the kinds of things they do and say the kinds of vile filth they say.  

Archived