Neil Gaiman to adapt Gormenghast for tv

AncalagonTheBlack

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/14/neil-gaiman-adapt-gormenghast-cinema-mervyn-peake

The crumbling towers of Gormenghast and the evil machinations of Steerpike could be set to head to the big screen after Neil Gaiman revealed he was in talks with studios about a film adaptation of Mervyn Peake’s gothic fantasy novels.

But Gaiman, a fan of the series, revealed last week that he was set to begin discussions about turning the novels into a film. “Tomorrow we start talking to studios, and will soon find out which of them wants to make Mervyn Peake’s wonderful Gormenghast as a movie,” he wrote on Twitter, later retweeting a fan who had advised him: “do not let Peter Jackson anywhere near it. I don’t want to watch 9 Gormenghast films. I ★would★, but I don’t want to.”

Fabian Peake, Mervyn Peake’s son, welcomed the possibility. “It is wonderful news that progress is being made on the filming of my father’s books. Plans for making a film, with Neil Gaiman as the writer, have been going on for a while now,” he said, describing himself as “very excited by the prospect of a Gormenghast film”.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was semi on board with a film. I do not see the point of another TV series. I liked the original TV series. John Sessions was a brilliant Prunesquallor. 

Oh, I hope it doesn't end up being massively OTT and style over substance like AG is. That would be gross. 

Archived