Netflix may revive Young Justice for season 3!

drawkcabi

I thought this show was done and gone but now my hopes are up we might actually get the show back!

Netflix might revive Young Justice

I really loved this show and would prefer watching this over any of the live-action DC shows currently on. This one is up there Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and Batman: Brave and the Bold.

The way the show ended it was a crappy finale, but if it returns to being a season cliffhanger as it was meant to that would be just awesome.

Both seasons of YJ are available for streaming on Netflix btw.

Great news. Young Justice was a real surprise for me. I assumed it would a crappy Teen Titans kind of thing, but actually its storylines were quite adult and involving. DC and Bruce Timm teams animation team overshadow almost everything that the live action movies ever achieve. Almost the opposite of Marvel who's animations are pretty lacklustre in comparison.

20 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Great news. Young Justice was a real surprise for me. I assumed it would a crappy Teen Titans kind of thing, but actually its storylines were quite adult and involving. DC and Bruce Timm teams animation team overshadow almost everything that the live action movies ever achieve. Almost the opposite of Marvel who's animations are pretty lacklustre in comparison.

Agreed.

I loved Dick Grayson's Robin's laugh in season 1, it really showed how it was possible a kid could instill  fear or at least a creepiness factor in a villain when coming out of nowhere in darkness. Just one of the subtle things that made this show more real than much of the DC live-action stuff.

I also loved the nods to the old Superfriends show. Marvin, Wendy, the affirmative action super heroes. But they didn't just pay homage to all that, they took those characters or ideas of those characters and molded them into something contemporary and interesting. El Dorado for instance. In Superfriends he was this Mexican guy with vague powers, in YJ he was an Argentinian and his powers defined and made equivalent to Marvel's Nightcrawler.

I have to admit to being basically completely ignorant of most of the characters before watching the show. Some I found to be a little silly, like a lot of DC superheroes ( that magician girls for instance) but some turned out to be a real revelation, like The Blue Beetle. 

Also I love a good time jump, and the jump from seasons 1 to 2 was actually great, the way Robin evolved etc

Sadly, this sounds way too good to be true. I would love to see this happen, because Young Justice is my favorite animated show ever even though they added far too many new characters is the season 2.

On 02/03/2016 at 2:38 PM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Sensational Spider-man and Wolverine and the x-men were pretty good but were canned pimarily because of the Disney aquisition of Marvel. It still seems insane there isn't an x-men cartoon on air.

Don't forget Greg Weisman's role either. He seems to be in the DNA of a lot of great cartoons

On 2/3/2016 at 3:38 PM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was great. Too bad they discontinued it and started another (bad) series...

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived