The KITN's Court

As King, it's important for Jon to surround himself with competent advisors, seeing as how some of the Stark's (all of them), generally put their trust in the wrong people and end up meeting their end because of it.  Who from the show would you surround Jon with, it doesn't have to be set up like the southron courts, but just for fun, who would you put where?  Mine would be as follows:

Hand of the King: Davos- he's always given practical advise in the past, his cautious approach could help temper Jon in his more irrational moments.

Master of Arms/Lord Commander of the KiTN Kingsguard: Tormund- strong swordsman, would love to see him in some Stark armor and training a new generation in swordplay

Master of Laws:  Lady Mormont- that girl has a firm grip on justice and no qualms about dishing it out :D

Sansa- she will definitely need to play a role for Jon, provided that she brought him the Vale, her biggest challenge will be getting LF out of the way. 

Master of Whispers: Bran-  If he can make it back to WF from the Wall he would be an unstoppable Master of Whispers

King's Justice- Arya...for reasons...

What do you all think?  Who would give Jon the best chance to not end up with Ghost's head sown onto his shoulders?

You could make a case for all of them but Tormund. He isn't trained in actually tactical swordplay. Doesn't mean he isn't a capable fighter, but he isn't who you want training the next generation. 

48 minutes ago, Lord_of_the_Nightfort said:

As King, it's important for Jon to surround himself with competent advisors, seeing as how some of the Stark's (all of them), generally put their trust in the wrong people and end up meeting their end because of it.  Who from the show would you surround Jon with, it doesn't have to be set up like the southron courts, but just for fun, who would you put where?

His old friend Theon Greyjoy as commander of the coast guard.

Oh, wait....

I don't think historically the KitN had the same type of court that the South/7K does.  They don't seem to be nearly as high on pomp and circumstance in the North.  

Guessing Davos and Sansa would/should be his closest advisers.  Davos understands people and Stannis understood his ability to give honest and wise council, not just what he wanted to hear.  Sansa is about the only one in the North who seems to understand how games are played and how people can be devious (thanks to LF tutelage).

I would have to see the scene again where they proclaim him KitN, but was Tormund even there.  Tormund is of the Free Folk, and as Mance said "we do not kneel".  So while Tormund may respect and follow Jon into battle, I don't think he would ever bend the knee and swear fealty to him as his king.  Most likely help defeat the WW, and then go back to either north of the Wall, or back to the lands on The Gift and whatever arrangement they have with the NW to stay on their land. 

Tormund would be better as a member of the Kings Guard or as the King's headsman. Of course he could also be the King's Royal Jigolo to help keep all those single ladies at court smiling. I bet that job would keep Tormund smiling too.

Davos should be hand, that one is pretty easy. Manderley as Master of Ships. Tormund, Brienne, Beric, Thoros & the Hound in Kingsguard type positions. Sansa & Arya as special advisors & Lady Mormont as Mistress of Morale. I'd also bring back Mel as Paramour to the King, and in the name of the Lord of Light, leave the necklace on!!

2 minutes ago, Vuron said:

Knowing the Stark history of great decision making, Jon will probably name Littlefinger as Hand.

To be fair, if LF were not such a cXXX, he would be a great Hand.... But Jon's talk with Sansa says it all, he does not trust LF. Sansa also told Jon she does not trust him. So I think they will be cautious. 

Tormund was in the KiTN scene.  He and Lord Royce got into a snit about the Wildlings at the beginning.  Tormund (and the other wildlings) took the opportunity to eat more bread because the Free Folk do not kneel.  Jon however did gain Davos' fealty, which is a big win for him.

The KiTN scene is much subtler than the Season 1 scene while paralleling Robb's scene.  There is lots of competing agendas there which if you analyze it.  Sansa and LF's reactions are the most obvious.  There is also Jon himself and how he reacts.  And the Wildlings as well.

Archived