NBA Offseason: Oklahoma! Where the MVP Free Agents Come Falling From the Sky

Manhole Eunuchsbane

18 minutes ago, sperry said:

Kevin Garnett, one of the 25 best players of all time, will be the third best player in his HOF class. That's insane.

Not so sure about that. I'd put him above Kobe. In terms of overall value to a team, I'd say KG buries the Black Mamba. Then again, I hate Kobe. 

Trust the process? :dunno: 

Was going to make a snarky comment about tanking for ____________. Then I realized I didn't even know who the favorite for number one pick is!  I went to NBADraft.net and they said it's some dude named Dennis Smith out of NC State... No way that happens.

Also, I will need to find a new draft prediction site.  Out of the Kentucky guys, they had Wenyon Gabriel listed before Bam Adebayo; and that's just crazy talk.

So I've watched the two pre-season games the Thunder have just played against real Madrid and Barca.

That looks........ pretty terrible. Taking disclaimers about pre-season into account, I see a variety of massive problems and a team that looks completely different from the Thunder team we know. 

It's not just Durant's absence,which does leave a huge hole not just in theory but on the court. They are starting Westbrook-Oladipo-Roberson-Sabonis- Adams. Kanter comes off the bench. 

So what you're seeing is:

1) Very few people for Westbrook to play the ball to. There's Oladipo, and Kanter when he comes in. Adams has very little offensive game and I'm not sure how much this can improve even though I value him greatly. Sabonis and Roberson are non-entities going forward at this point.

2) This leads to a lot of shooting from Westbrook and let's say that so far he hasn't found his shot. His drives and dunks are awesome of course, but the shooting was always the most dubious aspect and with no one to claim the ball, we'll see more of it.

3) Ibaka's absence is keenly felt. Adams got injured in the first game and suddenly you have neither of your two top defenders from the last two seasons. In addition he is no longer an option in the offense and that too is felt. I was one of the few people who did not like the Ibaka trade at all and my feelings have not changed. Yes you get 3 guys in return but two of those are mediocre and one basically replaces Dion Waiters that they let go.

All in all I watched that and thought , yes, it's really only Golden State vs the Cavs this year, with the Spurs and and Clippers as a secondary tier. OKC could finish anywhere from 4th-12th.

Archived