"we will meet again"

forod

This line from season three makes me think Arya will run in to the BWB at the start of season 7, who will have found Melisandre. And, it is likely the BWB - including the Hound, Arya and Melisandre will then run in to Brienne and Podrick on their way north. Tying up all the different story lines in one will save the show hours of screen time, and a convenient way to kill off several of those characters when the time comes. 

The only problem I see with all this is Melisandre's banishment, so either she will meet them, go south, meet Dany and tell her about the WW, or just disappear after their meeting so the show has one less character to write for. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Or just send her down to Arya so she can knock another person off her list.

Melisandre isn't on Aryas list.

Mel still has a role to play in this story.  If she didn't, what would have been the point of her age reveal in episode 1?  Why did they just let her hang around all season with nothing to do?  The kept her alive for a reason.

The most logical explanation is her meeting back up with Arya, who will more then likely be back with the BwB.  Either this, or she'll wind up joining up with Dany and Co, who have had some dealings with R'Hillor and Red priestesses in the past.

1 minute ago, SevasTra82 said:

Mel still has a role to play in this story.  If she didn't, what would have been the point of her age reveal in episode 1?  Why did they just let her hang around all season with nothing to do?  The kept her alive for a reason.

The most logical explanation is her meeting back up with Arya, who will more then likely be back with the BwB.  Either this, or she'll wind up joining up with Dany and Co, who have had some dealings with R'Hillor and Red priestesses in the past.

"The Red Woman" was on Arya's list before it was abridged this last season. She kidnapped Arya's BFF Gendry remember? As for Melisandre's role, they reintroduced Thoros and that new red priestess this season. She's not indispensable, in fact I shouldn't wonder if her only remaining "task" is to tell Thoros and Beric all she knows about the White Walkers before Arya has her way with her.

6 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

"The Red Woman" was on Arya's list before it was abridged this last season. She kidnapped Arya's BFF Gendry remember? As for Melisandre's role, they reintroduced Thoros and that new red priestess this season. She's not indispensable, in fact I shouldn't wonder if her only remaining "task" is to tell Thoros and Beric all she knows about the White Walkers before Arya has her way with her.

Arya didn't make any mention of Mel being on the list this past season to The Waif, so it seems to imply that either the show forgot about it and/or dropped it, or Arya took her off her list (ala The Hound).  Who knows.  Either way, If it was important I would think Arya would have at least made a passing comment when talking to The Waif about everything, but she made no mention.

But this is the show we are talking about, where logic doesn't exist.  So who knows what they'll do.  *shrug*

22 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Plus, why not have Jon just kill her in the finale as well if she serves no other purpose? She is conveniently head South when another Red Priest is heading to Jon. 

I think Mel will be the person to tell Arya about Jon's resurrection & Winterfell. She will head North after and bring the BwB and the Hound as well. And Nymeria and her army...

6 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Arya didn't make any mention of Mel being on the list this past season to The Waif, so it seems to imply that either the show forgot about it and/or dropped it, or Arya took her off her list (ala The Hound).  Who knows.  Either way, If it was important I would think Arya would have at least made a passing comment when talking to The Waif about everything, but she made no mention.

But this is the show we are talking about, where logic doesn't exist.  So who knows what they'll do.  *shrug*

Or that she didn't care to tell the Waif, a character she was antagonistic towards, every little detail. More than likely we're both giving the show too much credit and it simply was an oversight.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Or that she didn't care to tell the Waif, a character she was antagonistic towards, every little detail. More than likely we're both giving the show too much credit and it simply was an oversight.

That we can agree on.

Putting myself in Arya's shoes though...I would find it really hard to care about Mel anymore, regardless of if she was on her list or not.  After everything she went through in Braavos (getting stabbed, almost dying, losing a friend in the theater woman etc), and coming back and killing the Freys and getting revenge for her brother....I can see Arya kind of having a "meh" attitude towards Mel at this point.  I mean, if I was Arya, I doubt I would care about Mel anymore, as what she did pales in comparison to everything else.

Besides, Mel could just tell Arya that she resurrected Jon, and that alone would cause her to spare Mel (considering how close Jon/Arya are).  Thoros and Beric can back Mel up on the power I'm sure.

But I do think she'll wind up with Dany.  Their paths will cross as BwB goes north and Mel goes South, but I just don't see that being the end of Mel.  Hard for me to imagine she was allowed to stay all emo-like at Castle Black all season, only to ride South, then get killed with a whimper.  If that's what D&D planned, they should have just lopped her head off in episode two and been done with it.

I was thinking that Thoros and Mel would meet again which is where Mel and Arya would meet again.

It's worth noting that Thoros keeps his Red God red cloak. Is he still interested  in R'hllor ?  Is that why the brotherhood is moving north?

Every Red Priest and Priestess we  meet brings up the fight with the evil north of the wall, I guess he's still interested.

20 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

The actress who plays Mel is pregnanted so if she somehow appears again it will be in season 8 I assume. 

Or perhaps they've shot her S7 scenes already?

1 hour ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

The actress who plays Mel is pregnanted so if she somehow appears again it will be in season 8 I assume. 

Lena Headey was pregnant during season 5 , does not mean Carice van Houten could not work.

9 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Or just send her down to Arya so she can knock another person off her list.

LOL Nice!:D

8 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

That we can agree on.

Putting myself in Arya's shoes though...I would find it really hard to care about Mel anymore, regardless of if she was on her list or not.  After everything she went through in Braavos (getting stabbed, almost dying, losing a friend in the theater woman etc), and coming back and killing the Freys and getting revenge for her brother....I can see Arya kind of having a "meh" attitude towards Mel at this point.  I mean, if I was Arya, I doubt I would care about Mel anymore, as what she did pales in comparison to everything else.

Besides, Mel could just tell Arya that she resurrected Jon, and that alone would cause her to spare Mel (considering how close Jon/Arya are).  Thoros and Beric can back Mel up on the power I'm sure.

But I do think she'll wind up with Dany.  Their paths will cross as BwB goes north and Mel goes South, but I just don't see that being the end of Mel.  Hard for me to imagine she was allowed to stay all emo-like at Castle Black all season, only to ride South, then get killed with a whimper.  If that's what D&D planned, they should have just lopped her head off in episode two and been done with it.

I agree I doubt Arya cares about her anymore compared to some of the other shit people did to her family. I don't really know about my feelings towards Melisandre. In the beginning, I wanted to hate her but now I don't know. I feel like the show hasn't really explored her character a part from her role with Stannis. There was a little moment in season six with her morning the death of Jon and she is looking in the mirror and all we see is a naked old lady which I still don't know what that is about. I am hoping that in the next season we will get to know more about Melisandre and what she is.

Carice's baby is expected in late 2016 -- the announcement was already out in March. So she can still shoot as long as there is no nudity, either before or after the baby arrives, and may have shot her scenes already.

Archived