Worst of the worst

The Fresh PtwP

17 minutes ago, Queen Historia I Reiss said:

Do you really think that the books will end with a justified and morally good genocide on the others? That Martin described as beautiful and strange, Sidge out of Ice? That he called the Others? 

Anyone who is committing genocide are those strange beautiful beings. I don't think humans are going to kill any Other which is not killing them.

A few terrible cruel and ruthless characters are in the books, from Vargo Hoat over to the Tickler, Polliver to Ramsey Bolton, .

I am in fact also shocked by characters believing in their own moral virtue and loyality, while being illoyal in reality without even recognizing it. I have Barristan Selmy in mind, not acting after he has he loudly read Robert Baratheon's last will to Cersei, Joffrey etc., and does not act at all to support the acting Hand of the King.

But later while with Daenerys in Mereen, he dreams himself back to all his failures he was not to be blamed for, without ever questioning the actions he is responsible of.

Gregor Clegane and his group (well, I'll give a pass to Shitmouth), Vargo Hoat and his group, Ramsay Snow, Joffrey, Craster, Aerion Brightflame, Khal Drogo and his group (or rather the Dothraki in general), the Ghiscari in general, Petyr Baelish. . . There's no lack of horrible people in ASOIAF.

@Queen Historia I Reiss

I'll have to agree to disagree with you about the difference between a serf to a slave. A serf has some rights while a slave has no rights. That's a huge difference. 

Dany didn't leave Ataspor to the butcher. She left the city in the hands of a scholar and a healer. The Butcher King is just as worse as the masters of Mereen.

What happened in Ataspor proves my point in that institutional chattel slavery is evil and needs to be eradicated. You seem to blame Dany more for fighting to end slavery than the slavers who profit from the enslavement of free people. That's ridiculous to me. I stand on the side of liberators over slavers anytime.

The fact that little boys are no longer abducted to be mutilated and turned into killing machines, and that little girls aren't stolen to become sex slaves is enough  for me to justify the bloodshed. 

And I would take Dany over Tywin as a leader any day. You say that Danny being selfless doesn't matter.....it matters for the slaves of SB who  previously had nobody to stand up for them. Name one other highborn in ASOIAF, who has done more for the lower class than Danaerys Stormborn, breaker of chain.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, The Hoare said:

At least Lincoln was the elect president.

No he wasn’t.  I suppose we could argue the constitutionality of the Southern states’ right to secede, but Jeff Davis was the elected president of the Confederate States.  The Emancipation Proclamation “freed” the slaves in the Southern states, people that it could be argued that Lincoln had no authority over and no right to free by executive order.  But that is a debate for another time/place/board.

I can certainly agree that slavery is a disgusting, deplorable institution that has no justification – regardless of some of the pathetic reasons given by both those in Westeros and those on our planet.  

Archived