U.S. Politics: High Nunes or Russian to Judgement

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I cannot believe the maladroit boobs you Americans keep tossing up to run your Republic. There seems to be an ever-growing supply. Does Nunez not understand the simplest application of confidentiality? When given confidential information as part of your job, keep your mouth shut.

As for Gorsuch,  once you find any instance of plagiarism,  more tends to pop up as it is so easy now to do text comparisons.

Up here in the frozen North,  we elected a collection of boobs once also. Within a year or so, they were weeded out, due to the way a parliamentary  system works. 

16 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I cannot believe the maladroit boobs you Americans keep tossing up to run your Republic. There seems to be an ever-growing supply. Does Nunez not understand the simplest application of confidentiality? When given confidential information as part of your job, keep your mouth shut.

As for Gorsuch,  once you find any instance of plagiarism,  more tends to pop up as it is so easy now to do text comparisons.

Up here in the frozen North,  we elected a collection of boobs once also. Within a year or so, they were weeded out, due to the way a parliamentary  system works. 

Which is why, in part, I've come to prefer Parlimentary democracy to the system we have in the US.

Soooo. How's the party of excellence doing these days?

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/04/its-war-all-against-all-washington-dc

There's a lotta fighting going down in Washington DC lately. Let's review. First up, Steve Bannon has suffered a few reverses lately, and apparently he blames Jared Kushner:

And it turns out we also have a war between both branches of government:

A Thursday evening meeting between top aides to President Donald Trump and House Republican leaders turned heated when the White House officials exhorted Speaker Paul Ryan to show immediate progress on the GOP's stalled plan to repeal and replace Obamacare...."It was really bad," said one person familiar with the meeting. "They were in total meltdown, total chaos mode."

Grab the popcorn. It looks like it's going to be entertaining.

Speaking of popcorn,

Democrats filibustered Gorsch a few minutes. The senate is currently doing a re-vote, almost certainly as a stalling tactic. We're about to find out if McConnell has the votes to go nuclear.

And Nuclear Option has succeeded, 52-48; straight party line vote. McConnell kept all his caucus together.

It was the most likely option, but I wanted to see if it would happen and it has. 

Archived