NBA 2017: Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Relic

Bill Simmons mentioned that he thinks a three way Clips/Thunder/Knicks trade will happen in the off season. Sign and trade Blake goes to OKC, Melo goes to Clips, and Kanter/someone else to Knicks.

29 minutes ago, Relic said:

Bill Simmons mentioned that he thinks a three way Clips/Thunder/Knicks trade will happen in the off season. Sign and trade Blake goes to OKC, Melo goes to Clips, and Kanter/someone else to Knicks.

That might work. Is KS any good on the defensive end? If not it could be really problematic for the Knicks.

That said I'd say Miami is probably the best place for him to.

Phil Jackson is an Asshole,  Part 17 - 

"“We’ve not been able to win with him on the court at this time,” Jackson said. “I think the direction with our team is that he is a player that would be better off somewhere else and using his talent somewhere where he can win or chase that championship. Right now, we need players that are really active, can play every single play defensively and offensively.”

I love  this reply by The Ringer - 

First off, a fact check: The Knicks have been able to win with Carmelo Anthony! They made the playoffs each of his first three years with the team, including a 54-win season in 2012–13. (No Eastern Conference team won 54 games this year.) They haven’t been able to win with Phil Jackson. They’ve missed the playoffs by at least 10 games in each of his three full years as team president.

http://trib.al/OZlj4QG

17 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Except I don't see Lala going to live in Charlotte... I believe she'll have a hand in anywhere he goes. L.A.(s), Miami and possibly Cleveland are the only teams I think he'll willingly go to. 

No way in hell he's going to Charlotte. I was just saying literally ANYWHERE would be better for Melo than the Knicks.

8 hours ago, Tinker said:

Porzingis skipped his exit interview and is meant to be pissed at the Knicks.

Good. Smart kid. He should demand a trade if he wants to have a respectable NBA career and attain his max potential. Knicks have no freakin clue what they are doing. 

19 minutes ago, Relic said:

Good. Smart kid. He should demand a trade if he wants to have a respectable NBA career and attain his max potential. Knicks have no freakin clue what they are doing. 

Anthony Davis for the Zinger?

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Anthony Davis for the Zinger?

Nah New Orleans would have to be insane to do that. Altho him and Boogie might be a better fit.

Trade him to the Celtics for draft picks, imho. 

Just now, Relic said:

Nah New Orleans would have to be insane to do that. Altho him and Boogie might be a better fit.

Trade him to the Celtics for draft picks, imho. 

Not sure that's insane for New Orleans. Think it's a trade that makes a lot of sense for both parties.

Pacers missed a great chance to steal game 1 in Cleveland - awful last possession. Cavs aggressively double teamed Paul George twice to force someone else to beat them but it appears none of the other Pacers got the memo on rapid ball movement in that situation.

PG13 is a playoff stud. A ) Have to think the Celtics watched that game super jealous he's not in green right now and B ) Have no idea why he'd possibly re-sign in Indiana. Nowhere near enough talent. 

37 minutes ago, Relic said:

Raptors are allergic to the playoffs.

I personally think they over performed last couple years, though anytime you're counting on digging out of a hole round after round you're probably in trouble. But IMO they rely more on factors like depth and hustle than most teams, and those tend to be neutralized come the playoffs. The good news s that IF you get into the later rounds, depth increasingly regains it's effect.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Clippers gonna Clip. 

How the hell did the Clippers lose that game at home and after Rudy Gobert got injured in the first minute? Jazz went from the Stifle Tower to Boris Diaw's moobs and somehow this was still enough to flummox the Clips. 

22 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

How the hell did the Clippers lose that game at home and after Rudy Gobert got injured in the first minute? Jazz went from the Stifle Tower to Boris Diaw's moobs and somehow this was still enough to flummox the Clips. 

Yeah, I don't know if it's the chemistry or Rivers, or the everlasting curse of Donald Sterling, but that teams' whole is somehow less than the sum of its' parts. 

Archived