NFL 2017 - The Afterdraft

Howdyphillip

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's not like the team got to pick its' location or anything, right? Oh Shit! They did! Fuck you, Cleveland! Eat a vat of Skyline chili and die in a tidal wave of your own sweat!

Skyline Chili is not Cleveland.  Wrong Ohio city.  

And that shit is disgusting. 

I got a little game we can play this preseason. What team would you like to see meet X achievement and why? 

I'm not asking Manhole to explain why he wants to see his 49ers win the super bowl, but rather what team would you like to see meet an achievable goal?

For example, i would love to see the Cardinals take it all this year. They made the NFC Championship year before last, a few good players have left like Tony Jefferson and Darnell Dockett left after a disappointing campaign, but Carson Palmer was hot last December and Tyrann Mathieu is a year healthier. It's not a pipe dream, I've always been fond of this squad since The Edge and Kurt Warner were on the squad.

It would also be great to see Palmer, Arians, and Larry Fitz get rings.

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I got a little game we can play this preseason. What team would you like to see meet X achievement and why? 

I'm not asking Manhole to explain why he wants to see his 49ers win the super bowl, but rather what team would you like to see meet an achievable goal?

For example, i would love to see the Cardinals take it all this year. They made the NFC Championship year before last, a few good players have left like Tony Jefferson and Darnell Dockett left after a disappointing campaign, but Carson Palmer was hot last December and Tyrann Mathieu is a year healthier. It's not a pipe dream, I've always been fond of this squad since The Edge and Kurt Warner were on the squad.

It would also be great to see Palmer, Arians, and Larry Fitz get rings.

Kinda feel like the Cards have missed their window somehow. Not like this is an impossible happenstance or anything, but I'm not feeling it. 

My fondest wish would be for the Niners to lay a groundwork on both offense and defense that I can see them build on. That's it. A couple of  positive steps towards a viable rebuild.

My second fondest wish is that the Pats not put together a back to back. That was an amazing comeback in the Superbowl, perhaps the greatest big game comeback of all-time, but I am well and truly sick of this team. Somebody has to rise up. I don't care who it is. It can be the fucking Cowboys, I don't fucking care. I'm begging the rest of the league. Somebody, anybody stop this Godless killing machine.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kinda feel like the Cards have missed their window somehow. Not like this is an impossible happenstance or anything, but I'm not feeling it. 

My fondest wish would be for the Niners to lay a groundwork on both offense and defense that I can see them build on. That's it. A couple of  positive steps towards a viable rebuild.

My second fondest wish is that the Pats not put together a back to back. That was an amazing comeback in the Superbowl, perhaps the greatest big game comeback of all-time, but I am well and truly sick of this team. Somebody has to rise up. I don't care who it is. It can be the fucking Cowboys, I don't fucking care. I'm begging the rest of the league. Somebody, anybody stop this Godless killing machine.

<Resistance is futile! The Borg will assimilate all!>

Patriots hate used to be like 60 percent of my football fandom. Seriously, from like 07 to 14 I would regard it an acceptable sunday if the Colts lost so long as the patriots did too.

But Malcolm Buttler turned me into a Patriots shrugger atter. I expect them to go 19and 0 and just live with it now, i try to enjoy the rest of the league as it lives under their brutal authoritarian regime.

Jesus, I'm not even in a particular hurry to see them fall. B and B are the two best to ever do It, I just respect their game now.

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Patriots hate used to be like 60 percent of my football fandom. Seriously, from like 07 to 14 I would regard it an acceptable sunday if the Colts lost so long as the patriots did too.

But Malcolm Buttler turned me into a Patriots shrugger atter. I expect them to go 19and 0 and just live with it now, i try to enjoy the rest of the league as it lives under their brutal authoritarian regime.

Jesus, I'm not even in a particular hurry to see them fall. B and B are the two best to ever do It, I just respect their game now.

That moment when someone loses their soul.

I'm in a dynasty league and I loaded up my league page and checked the waiver wire today.  Noticed Gio Bernard was on waivers.  What the fuck?  How did I not know this?  Apparently, he was cut four months ago and no one has picked him up, and he didn't get drafted in our rookie draft last month.  I don't even remember seeing him on the draft board.  The fuck is going on here?  I know he tore his ACL last year, but the dude's not dead, and I'd put money on him having a better season than Hill this year if both are healthy.

The following RBs are rostered in my league while Gio Bernard was on waivers:

• Chris Johnson (this guy only has three RBs somehow and Chris Johnson is one of them...WTF)
  • TJ Yeldon (this guy has twelve fucking IDP players rostered and we can only start three)
  • Jalen Richard (I think this name might be made up)
  • Chris Ivory (I mean, this one is excusable, but he's not better than Bernard)
  • Jamaal Williams (almost positive he's gonna suck)
  • Rex Burkhead (has had one good game in three years)
  • James White (essentially a shittier version of Gio)
  • James Starks (basically out of the league with concussions)

I know it's the offseason and all, but for fuck's sake.  Half the teams in this league have six or less RBs.  Two have four and one has three.  Have people soured this much on a guy like Bernard?  I know the Bengals drafted Mixon and their offensive line is dog shit, but I'd still project Gio to be a RB2/FLEX guy this year.  Hill is going to be the odd man out if Mixon pans out.

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I can respect their game and still hate them.  Sports fandom is all about misery.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The 2017 San Diego Los Angles Chargers

Also, L.A. fans, enjoy experiencing the one QB in the NFL that will yell at and insult his own fans. Enjoy! 

Filipe Rios es un malo hombre.

Hey guys, I'm sure you wanted an uninformed opinion about The 2017 Los Angeles Rams!

Yes, it is another exciting year in Los Angeles for football, and I'm here to talk quarterbacks.  Everybody is excited about the 2017 Los Angeles Rams, led by their veteran quarterback, with 6 pro bowl appearances, 4 playoff wins and one very questionable mustache.  What's that?  Oh right, that's the Chargers. 

The 2017 Los Angeles Rams start the season with a young gunslinger, who everybody remembers leading the Trojans to a shootout victory over Penn State in last year's Rose Bowl.  Yessir, everyone in Los Angeles is talking about the promising young star, Sam Darnold!  A local kid from Capistrano Beach, he's confident and...what's that?  He's still at USC?   Why is everybody so excited about a college qb?  That's weird. 

Well the other quarterback I keep hearing about from Los Angeles sports fans is Josh Rosen.  Coming out of UCLA, he didn't play in as many high profile games as some NFL quarterbacks, but he showed poise in the face of UCLA's generally terrible performances.  And he'll need that suiting up for the Rams, who have exactly zero offensive talent around him. 

What?  He's still in college too?  What the hell, do the Rams even have a quarterback?

Jared Goff?  You made that name up. 

No, you're messing with me.  Sounds more like Jared Goffuckyourself. 

I'm done with this.  Fuck the Rams, they should have stayed in St. Louis.  Then at least Nellie would go to the games. 

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I'm done with this.  Fuck the Rams, they should have stayed in St. Louis.  Then at least Nellie would go to the games. 

But if they stayed in St. Louis, I couldn't make a bundle off of my exceedingly clever Goff Angeles t-shirts.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

But if they stayed in St. Louis, I couldn't make a bundle off of my exceedingly clever Goff Angeles t-shirts.

If you wanna make money off the fourth best quarterback in Los Angeles, you're welcome to try. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

If you wanna make money off the fourth best quarterback in Los Angeles, you're welcome to try. 

Fourth best? Are you sure about that? I'm not sure we've properly scouted the high school talent yet. 

12 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You are dead to me.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You are dead to me.

Grow up, Eunichsbane! You think you're alone in your fatigue at this unstoppable colossus? Try having them in your conference, knowing that only 1 playoff bye and potential spot in the Championship game exists from the outset of the season. 

If you want to struggle against eternity, you be my guest. My hatred can be better directed at the likes of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Seahawks, Saints, Chargers, Rams, Browns, Cowboys fans, Lions, Packers, Falcons, and Jaguars.

The entity against which you've chosen opposition is a force of nature, as well do battle with the tide.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Anonymous sources in the Death Star have leaked audio of @Rockroi:

Reveal hidden contents

I always thought Luke should've shot back with some heavy guilt trip action...

"Where were you when I built my first lightsaber? Had to pass my landspeeder driving test? Had to figure out how to set a fucking moisture vaporator? You're my father? Well great fucking job, dad!" 

6 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Hey guys, I'm sure you wanted an uninformed opinion about The 2017 Los Angeles Rams!

Yes, it is another exciting year in Los Angeles for football, and I'm here to talk quarterbacks.  Everybody is excited about the 2017 Los Angeles Rams, led by their veteran quarterback, with 6 pro bowl appearances, 4 playoff wins and one very questionable mustache.  What's that?  Oh right, that's the Chargers. 

The 2017 Los Angeles Rams start the season with a young gunslinger, who everybody remembers leading the Trojans to a shootout victory over Penn State in last year's Rose Bowl.  Yessir, everyone in Los Angeles is talking about the promising young star, Sam Darnold!  A local kid from Capistrano Beach, he's confident and...what's that?  He's still at USC?   Why is everybody so excited about a college qb?  That's weird. 

Well the other quarterback I keep hearing about from Los Angeles sports fans is Josh Rosen.  Coming out of UCLA, he didn't play in as many high profile games as some NFL quarterbacks, but he showed poise in the face of UCLA's generally terrible performances.  And he'll need that suiting up for the Rams, who have exactly zero offensive talent around him. 

What?  He's still in college too?  What the hell, do the Rams even have a quarterback?

I'd wager Goff ends up being a capable NFL QB this year.  Historically, QBs picked number one overall have damn near a 100% chance of having a top 24 fantasy season in their first five years.  They also have a shocking 50% chance of putting up a top 6 fantasy season in their first five years.  Goff would be a major outlier if he didn't turn it around.

Plus, the Rams hired a coach who actually knows how to run an offense, so that shouldn't hurt him.

20 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I always thought Luke should've shot back with some heavy guilt trip action...

"Where were you when I built my first lightsaber? Had to pass my landspeeder driving test? Had to figure out how to set a fucking moisture vaporator? You're my father? Well great fucking job, dad!" 

Congratulations ME. With a single post you have just ruined one of the greatest movies of all time. 

Archived