Relic

NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

400 posts in this topic

The Houston Rockets have scored 90 points.

At the end of the 1st half.

The Suns should be embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Houston Rockets have scored 90 points.

At the end of the 1st half.

The Suns should be embarrassed.

They should make the Suns swap places with a D-League team, or whatever the fuck it's called now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I hate that dirty son of a bitch.

Very entertaining.  Brown was impressive throughout.  He's really developed his game.  With all that being said.  Fuck the Celtics.

You really ARE a sour Billy. Who the fuck DO you like in the NBA? 

I had money on the Celtics last night. Not a lot, but enough to drink for tonight. I think they are the team best equipped to run with the Wars, and i think Stevens is the second best coach in the league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Relic said:

You really ARE a sour Billy. Who the fuck DO you like in the NBA? 

Oh come on, how could you not hate Zaza Pachulia?  He possibly robbed SA of a title, by injuring a player that I love.  

And we Sixers fans have to hate the Celtics.  Believe me, it'll be great for the NBA if that old rivalry returns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh come on, how could you not hate Zaza Pachulia?

On that we can definitely agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night, when the game ended, Kyrie gave Jaylen Brown a close, tight hug, like a blood brothers kind of hug. I noticed how intense it was and thought they must have been really overcome to win that game and because Brown played his ass off and might have been the best Celtic on the floor. It turns out that Brown's best friend had just died...

https://deadspin.com/jaylen-brown-helps-carry-celtics-over-warriors-with-emo-1820532358

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh come on, how could you not hate Zaza Pachulia?  He possibly robbed SA of a title, by injuring a player that I love.  

And we Sixers fans have to hate the Celtics.  Believe me, it'll be great for the NBA if that old rivalry returns.  

It is genetic - C's fans have to hate the Lakers and Sixers.  

I'm not a believer the Celtics can handle a series with the Warriors, but I did like that they fought back the way they did.  Lebron is still Lebron, but the way Boston is hustling, their intensity - I do think they can get to the finals this year.  Long way to go, but I like what I am seeing with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo is have a very very up and down year thus far. Its either a triple double or a disaster. The kid needs a shooting coach and another thousand hours in the gym working on his shot. 

Detroit is 11 and 5. Impressive. Very impressive. Bradley is fucking good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh come on, how could you not hate Zaza Pachulia?  He possibly robbed SA of a title, by injuring a player that I love.

That's a little much. It's easy to call that a dirty play, but the truth is that we'll never really know what was going on in Zaza's head. And the Spurs, in my opinion, would not have won that series. It's true that they may have taken game one (and I'm not entirely sure about that) but the Warriors would've come back with a statement game. The fact of the matter is that injuries happen and even with a perfectly healthy Spurs team, the odds would've been against them--although I think it would've been the best contest the NBA could offer if both teams played at their best.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, Sour Billy Tipton said:

And we Sixers fans have to hate the Celtics.  Believe me, it'll be great for the NBA if that old rivalry returns.  

It's always amazed me how many old rivalries there are in the East: Boston/New York, Boston/Philly, New York/Indiana, Chicago/New York, Chicago/Detroit, etc. And Ben Simmons athletically is very reminiscent of Dr. J. All we need is a gritty blonde on the Celtics who can shoot threes and that rivalry might just happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

It's always amazed me how many old rivalries there are in the East: Boston/New York, Boston/Philly, New York/Indiana, Chicago/New York, Chicago/Detroit, etc. And Ben Simmons athletically is very reminiscent of Dr. J. All we need is a gritty blonde on the Celtics who can shoot threes and that rivalry might just happen.

Do we consider Hayward to be a blonde?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

It's easy to call that a dirty play, but the truth is that we'll never really know what was going on in Zaza's head.

It's extremely easy to call that a dirty play because it was.  And we will never know what was going on in Zaza's head, but we could assume the gist of his thoughts were, "hmmm, one unnecessary step closer and Kawhi lands on my foot."

Popovich wouldn't condemn the man without reason.  He should have taken it a step further and went all John Chaney, send out a GOON!

But he didn't because he's a professional.  And John Chaney is special, in a good way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys stop talking about Pachulia's enormous head? Every time that son of a bitch is on the court, his NBA Jam big-head mode skull is all I see. I hated the dude way before I realized he's a dirty piece of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

It's extremely easy to call that a dirty play because it was.  And we will never know what was going on in Zaza's head, but we could assume the gist of his thoughts were, "hmmm, one unnecessary step closer and Kawhi lands on my foot."

Or maybe this is a thought you're projecting because you either haven't considered or won't consider that it might've been an accident?

1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Popovich wouldn't condemn the man without reason.  He should have taken it a step further and went all John Chaney, send out a GOON!

Pop is a great coach--the greatest. But he also coached Bruce Bowen whose notoriety makes Zaza look like a boy-scout. He didn't condemn Bruce. And given this lack of consistency, I would argue that Popovich was a little bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Or maybe this is a thought you're projecting because you either haven't considered or won't consider that it might've been an accident?

It may have been an accident, up until that last step.  Try mimicking that close out on a basketball court.  It feels completely unnatural.  

I know you're a GS fan, but c'mon already.  Steph is not a good defender, and Zaza had the intention to injure Kawhi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

It may have been an accident, up until that last step.  Try mimicking that close out on a basketball court.  It feels completely unnatural. 

Up until the last step? You're going to have to explain that to me. And have you played organized basketball?

8 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I know you're a GS fan, but c'mon already.  Steph is not a good defender, and Zaza had the intention to injure Kawhi.  

My being a Golden State fan cannot refute facts. Steph is a good defender, and I've cited stats and video to demonstrate as much. (Though in the game against the Boston Celtics, his offense and defense were shit.) I have no particular inclination to Zaza. And I've acknowledge that Kawhi is an elite player, easily in the Top 3. I've also stated that I'm a fan of Kawhi Leonard's work ethic. But even Kawhi didn't think it was a dirty play. So Zaza didn't think it was a dirty play; Kawhi didn't think it was a dirty play. And since that incident involved the two of them, I'll take them at their word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Up until the last step? You're going to have to explain that to me. And have you played organized basketball?

Oh this is good.  Tell me about your playing days, since that's where you want the conversation to lead.  And yes I have but nothing to brag about, unlike some people.

And yes the "last step".  He contested the shot and then decided to extend his foot--last step--directly where Kawhi was landing.

You can drone about this all you want.  Bottom line is you're WAY TOO bias towards your team.  Every fan is, but I can't take anything you say seriously when you argue Steph's defense.  Now you're asinine thoughts of playing devil's advocate to Zaza's dirty play is egregious fandom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh this is good.  Tell me about your playing days, since that's where you want the conversation to lead.  And yes I have but nothing to brag about, unlike some people.

And yes the "last step".  He contested the shot and then decided to extend his foot--last step--directly where Kawhi was landing.

I don't understand how in the heat of the moment, he's to differentiate the step he took and extending an extra step. They also teach you not foul injudiciously, but it still happens. You're judging this entirely on the consequence and not the intent.

59 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

You can drone about this all you want.  Bottom line is you're WAY TOO bias towards your team. 

Never said I wasn't bias, only that my bias can't refute facts.

1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Every fan is, but I can't take anything you say seriously when you argue Steph's defense.

Well, I've argued using stats and video; what have you argued with? Your bias fandom? You clearly don't take facts seriously.

1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Now you're asinine thoughts of playing devil's advocate to Zaza's dirty play is egregious fandom.

You've done no more than I have to demonstrate that Zaza committed a dirty play. If my thoughts are asinine, what would you consider yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh this is good.  Tell me about your playing days, since that's where you want the conversation to lead.  And yes I have but nothing to brag about, unlike some people.

And yes the "last step".  He contested the shot and then decided to extend his foot--last step--directly where Kawhi was landing.

You can drone about this all you want.  Bottom line is you're WAY TOO bias towards your team.  Every fan is, but I can't take anything you say seriously when you argue Steph's defense.  Now you're asinine thoughts of playing devil's advocate to Zaza's dirty play is egregious fandom.

Here's an idea...stop replying to this dude. The thread derails have made talking about the NBA here much less enjoyable than in previous seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seconded. Really has taken any pleasure out of scanning this thread.

This is such an odd season for me. I'm not wired as a fan of tanking, which is what my Bulls need to continue doing, possibly even through next season. We're all trying to see the kids develop, but hope for an L at the end. I've watched probably three or four times as many non-Bulls games this year as I usually would, though. Maybe it's for the best to get me out into the wild, as it were. I can get a bit tunnel-visioned with my teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Relic said:

Here's an idea...stop replying to this dude. The thread derails have made talking about the NBA here much less enjoyable than in previous seasons. 

Lol, you're right.  

 

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

This is such an odd season for me. I'm not wired as a fan of tanking, which is what my Bulls need to continue doing, possibly even through next season. We're all trying to see the kids develop, but hope for an L at the end. I've watched probably three or four times as many non-Bulls games this year as I usually would, though. Maybe it's for the best to get me out into the wild, as it were. I can get a bit tunnel-visioned with my teams.

There are aspects of tanking that are enjoyable.  The entire season is built around hope.  It also gives great development opportunities to bench players.  However, you can't get overly excited when a role-player is putting up great stats for a tanking team. 

***Don't we have to start a new thread soon?  Last one ended around 20 pages.  I say the title--no pun intended-- should come out of the West.  Pelicans and T-Wolves interest me, maybe the Thunder being a bubble team...

Edited by Sour Billy Tipton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now