NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

Boy, I think Kyrie made the right move. Not that I think the Cavs are done, I think they'll be just fine and get it together. But, he is proving night in, night out that he is that franchise player. And, I fully understand his want to get out from under the w/o g of Lebron. Being called son, and my lil brother, would get old....quick. Especially when as talented as Irving. It looks like one of the better player decisions we've seen. Those drives last night had me screaming in the living room. Sick dude.

Zinger is making the leap. Giannis is a year or two away from a  MVP. What would a team with Giannis and an older LeBron look like, hmmmm? Bron could pickup his player option and wait a year to make another superteam with Giannis and finish out his career in sunny South Beach. Or wherever they could go together.

I think my prediction that Alonzo will be a bust is becoming more and more clear. And, it all falls down to his shot. It just takes too long to get off and will be contested everyone in the NBA. If he focuses on being a floor general and improving on D, he'll have a decent career. I'm sorry, I don't see Lonzo the savior of L.A..

Philly, what isn't to like? Minnesota, the same. I like the Wizards for John Wall alone, but they better slow down on the class of the East talk. Not there yet. 

Warriors win 2 straight, I don't even think its questionable. They won last night handily against a decent Wolves team without Durant. And, this system is perfect for Durant. I'm a fan of the game and would love to see a real championship run from GSW, something close to historic and I think they can do it, if the stay healthy. In just a sucker for those types of things. But, LeBron knocking them off will always be a want of mine. 

Looks to be a fun and exciting season. The old guard holding their own and a few up and coming teams, ready to knock off those horrible years of obscurity.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I honestly don’t get the hate for Lonzo. What has he done to deserve it? Sure, his dad is an idiot blowhard, but why should the kid be blamed for that?

You're assuming that hate is rational. I just like seeing Lavar's talks getting smacked back into his face.

7 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

You're assuming that hate is rational. I just like seeing Lavar's talks getting smacked back into his face.

I get that, I just think people should aim their hate at LaVar because he's absolutely earned it (I actually thought his shtick was pretty funny until he started making racist and sexist comments). The only thing I know about Lonzo is that he can be self deprecating. Oh and that he's got a broken jump shot and might not be athletic enough to cut it in the NBA. 

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I get that, I just think people should aim their hate at LaVar because he's absolutely earned it (I actually thought his shtick was pretty funny until he started making racist and sexist comments). The only thing I know about Lonzo is that he can be self deprecating. Oh and that he's got a broken jump shot and might not be athletic enough to cut it in the NBA. 

To be honest, im hoping Lonzo Ball does turn out to be good, it's just that his dad looms over everything and (as far as I know) it's not like Lonzo is publically telling his dad to tone it down.

9 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

To be honest, im hoping Lonzo Ball does turn out to be good, it's just that his dad looms over everything and (as far as I know) it's not like Lonzo is publically telling his dad to tone it down.

He doesn't need to do it publicly, he just needs to do it and make sure it sticks with his dad.

I understand that LaVar is trying to push his other two kids into the NBA and get them as lucrative contracts as possible and ultimately create a big brand out of his family but he's really not doing them any favours by acting the way he is. It's already turned a lot of people against Lonzo and if it continues with other two, not only will his brand dreams collapse but it might affect his kids in a pretty negative way.

Speaking of brands.  The advertising on the jerseys hasn't turned out to be a distraction, for me.  I'm glad most of the logos changed their colors in order to blend with the jerseys.

Which one do you like best and which one is the worst?

Best--Cleveland Cavaliers, Goodyear Tires

Worst--Milwaukee Bucks, Harley Davidson

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, that finish was pretty brutal. That said, I don't think the Kings are quite as bad as everyone thinks. Seems like they are starting to gel a little bit.

I was mainly upset over Coach Brown's reaction to the loss, "we didn't deserve to win the game."  He's right, but that's what I wanted him to say after the victory to the Jazz.  He should have pushed the team harder before the Kings game.  Now he is demanding maximum effort before playing the world champs.

It's simple coaching strategy.  Go easy on them when they lose, get on them when they win.  

By and large, the Lonzo ridiculousness has been harmless (other than eventually costing Magic his job.)

But then I saw the ESPN schedule of games for the week and there they are again.  The Lakers, totally undeserving of screen time, right there in prime time while deserving teams like the Bucks are seldom seen.

On November 10, 2017 at 2:46 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

The Pistons have quietly started 9-3 out the gate, (fingers crossed) hoping they will maintain this intensity.

Make it 10-3, these guys look for real. The next challenge is going to be 9 of the next 11 on the road though.

What im really loving is the depth of this team, on any given night weve been getting contribution from any of 12 guys. I think 11 different players have scored 10 or more points in a game this season. We have had both Leuer and Stanley Johnson banged up lately but the bench has seamlesly plugged in. 

Oh and Drummond is hitting his FT's much more consistently, for a Big anyways.

Archived