Goodkind XXIII: I recommend you start drinking heavily

Werthead

It makes sense.

Did anybody else notice that The Wolf Maid doesn't know how roman numerals work? Maybe she's Tairy's sister.

(I'm just kidding with you wolf I'm sure you just had a brain fart)

ETA: I wanted to point out that The Wolf Maid does in fact have a 'W' and an 'M' in her name. How celerious! Also, Tormund Midgetsbane claimed that he did not fit into this pattern, but by all accounts that is definitely an 'M' in Midgetsbane.

It makes sense.

Did anybody else notice that The Wolf Maid doesn't know how roman numerals work? Maybe he's Tairy's brother.

(I'm just kidding with you wolf I'm sure you just had a brain fart)

ETA: I wanted to point out that The Wolf Maid does in fact have a 'W' and an 'M' in his name. How celerious! Also, Tormund Midgetsbane claimed that he did not fit into this pattern, but by all accounts that is definitely an 'M' in Midgetsbane.

pssst. SHE. Wolf Maid is a she. :)

Myshkin is, of course, doubly evil, for being named after a literary character meant to be a "perfectly beautiful man" but who was Russian (!!), did not in any way resemble Richard, and never kicked a single little girl in the face, though that might have been left in one of Dostoyevsky's other transcripts.

Have mice yet joined chickens and centipedes among the animals of evil? They do live off the crumbs of the noble individual.

I think I know the answer: "W" (and by extention "M") is in fact a double "U", negating any chance of individualism. As Tairy is the champion of individualism he puts the lie to our existance. Therefor we W's and M's have no choice but to fight him.

Well, I'm just a newbie, but in true lemming fashion I vow to defiantly cast my pair of M's before his yearded glory, doubtless choosing death for my unenlightened existence.

Also. I've got a beef with this whole thread-naming stuff. Sometimes it's done democratically, sometimes Werthead chooses life and makes a new thread, disregarding us lemmings pleaing for a vote. I have a problem with this. Because the Mad Moose's suggestion: Goodkind _ _ _: Entertaining the illiterate with sweeping epic themes is waaaaay better than the one chosen this time around. I'm adding my vote for that one, next time around.

I'm adding my vote for that one, next time around.

Did you just use the V-word in a Goodkind thread? Damn, that's worse than a centipede, thinking that individuals should communicate and come to a common consensus.

I also liked Señor Moose's suggestion, however, it can be said that he lacked the celery (and probably certain mod leniencies) in order to seize his destiny and create a new thread. I attribute this to his failing liver.

If I may be so bold as to ask a question, I have read about Terry Goodkind using magic as a plot device for ending his books, but having not read the books (why would I allow Goodkind to rape my brain when I can simply ask you instead ;)) I was wondering how that magic worked. The subtraactive and additive stuff. And the senseless artefacts, like these 'Boxes of Orden' or something.

Also, it appears that the reason I am but an aspirant lemming of discord is because I lack either Ws or Ms (except for an insignificant one in the midst of the second word) to my name. Woe!

I think I know the answer: "W" (and by extention "M") is in fact a double "U", negating any chance of individualism. As Tairy is the champion of individualism he puts the lie to our existance. Therefor we W's and M's have no choice but to fight him.

That's a brilliant theory, Myshkin! :thumbsup:

And, yes word, I am a woman, not Tairy in drag. Really. I'd :smileysex: you to prove it, but I'm working right now, hands are quite full.

:leaving:

Okay, lemmings, get to it!

No personal insults etc.

No feeding the Yeard.

Any breakers of these rules will be kicked in the jaw so hard their spines fall out, or something. I don't know, I'm wasted.

Have fun and play nice.

Bah. The five 'W's, the 23rd thread, and 'putting the 'w' in lemming of discord' was not chosen? The system is broken. Down with the iron-fisted dictator! I was going to point out how, with the Neuromancer parody GKXXIII was only on post 2 and had already been turned up to 11, but my disgust at the title made my thing droop. A perfect storm and I just got drizzled on like a stream of warm piss. I award Werthead the lowest rank in the Church of the Yeard - Keeper of the Common Sense.

I'm not sure what my point is, but I should have a reply for Varys by Friday.

Death to the stupid prince! If the Wolf Maid were in drag, s/he would be totally hot.

Note to Fanatic-Templar: haven't you seen the warnings about trying to make sense of the Yeard? You tread a dangerous path my friend, with no 'w' to protect you. The magic doesn't work, it's just shit that gets made up as he goes along, when he gets tired of elaborating on important human themes.

I'm going to bed before I embarass myself further.

If I may be so bold as to ask a question, I have read about Terry Goodkind using magic as a plot device for ending his books, but having not read the books (why would I allow Goodkind to rape my brain when I can simply ask you instead ;)) I was wondering how that magic worked. The subtraactive and additive stuff. And the senseless artefacts, like these 'Boxes of Orden' or somethin

It doesn't "work" in the sense that most magic systems work. Magic exists solely at the whim of the author and can be called on to do anything (BUT it only works if it can make the book more boring in the process.) I'll try to explain it as honestly as I can but be warned; Terry's magic system is not very interesting. (SHOCK!)

ADDITIVE MAGIC -- this is like the Light Side of the Force for Star Wars. It is based on "life" (which in Tairy-land means "death") and can do anything except destroy things. Except sometimes it does destroy thing (I'll go into that later). This is the magic that most people in the series use because it has the added benefit of sucking any excitement and wonder out of the books.

BOOK OF COUNTED SHADOWS -- the Boxes of Orden's rulebook. Richard memorized it and destroyed it when he was a kid.

BOXES OF ORDEN -- Every bad guy needs an all-powerful superweapon and this is Darken Rahl's. If you open the boxes in the right order you will become omnipotent and omniscient. In other words, almost as powerful as Richard on an off day.

LAME DRAWING MAGIC -- it turns out that some people in Goodkind planet can draw stick figures that make people die or something. You don't really need to hear about this.

SUBTRACTIVE MAGIC -- this is like the Dark Side of the Force. It is based on "death" (which in Tairy-land means "death") and is basically used for destruction. It's not very popular now because it has the potential to make the books more interesting and we can't allow that. Ever.

WIZARD'S FIRE -- Remember when I said that Additive Magic can't be used for destruction? Well, I was wrong, mostly. It in fact CAN destroy things, under secret special circumstances (such as when Richard is in trouble, or bored, or hungry, or mad). Wizard's Fire is exactly like not at all plagiaristically similar to the balefire in Wheel of Time. It's a huge fireball that destroys things, and it's about as interesting as you'd expect.

That's all I can really remember, and I'm mad that you made me think about these awful books again.

Myshkin is, of course, doubly evil, for being named after a literary character meant to be a "perfectly beautiful man" but who was Russian (!!), did not in any way resemble Richard, and never kicked a single little girl in the face, though that might have been left in one of Dostoyevsky's other transcripts.

I chose the name because I am a perfectly beautiful man! You can be the Rogozhin to my Myshkin if you like.

Mad Monkey-

You forgot....DREAMWALKERS

This is the main bad guy who can invade your mind at will and totally almost rape you unless you have fanatic devotion (on the order of chanting his name while prostrate 2 hours per day) to the GLORIOUS LEADER. This is basically the only reason the Dick is not in an asylum for being completely batshit insane.

It doesn't "work" in the sense that most magic systems work. Magic exists solely at the whim of the author and can be called on to do anything (BUT it only works if it can make the book more boring in the process.) I'll try to explain it as honestly as I can but be warned; Terry's magic system is not very interesting. (SHOCK!)

Every time I see "Last post by: Mad Monkey" it's like a little ray of sunshine into my life.

Mad Monkey-

You forgot....DREAMWALKERS

This is the main bad guy who can invade your mind at will and totally almost rape you unless you have fanatic devotion (on the order of chanting his name while prostrate 2 hours per day) to the GLORIOUS LEADER. This is basically the only reason the Dick is not in an asylum for being completely batshit insane.

He also forgot sorcerers, who are exactly the same as wizards except that they're different because Tairy says so!

I chose the name because I am a perfectly beautiful man! You can be the Rogozhin to my Myshkin if you like.

You mean I get to freak you out with my BURNING GAZE, obssess over some girl, and then stabbify her? SCORE!

I would give a lot to see Fyodor Dostoyevsky kick Terry Goodkind in the balls.

Mad Monkey, you also forgot the giant stone bells that make everybody in front of them turn inside out or something. The perfect defense, rendered useless when Richard figures out, from the narrative's reference to people "hearing the chimes of death," that what you have to do is plug your ears.

I guess no invading army ever noticed that that one deaf guy is okay. Hey, wait a minute - that would mean somebody would benefit from weirdo cultural diversity!

Archived