ASOIAF Biggest Scumbag

Bastard Rivers

My scumbag vote still goes to Littlefinger. Why you ask? Littlefinger is cunning, charming, and thus far, none of his schemes have bitten him in the rear. Well, for me it's not just a matter of being a scumbag, it's how you are a scumbag.

Gregor is a monster. You will see Gregor coming half a mile away, and you will die. But there is a certain honesty in that, as Gregor doesn't pretend to be anything other than a monster.

Tywin is a Stone-Cold SOB. When the Rains are playing and the trap is closing in, you can admire the skill with which that trap was set up. When you die, you can think "Well played, Tywin. Well played."

Littlefinger is the worst. He will pretend to be your friend. He will charm you into letting your guard down. He will even get you to the point where you depend on him. When the trap is sprung, he will sit there chuckling and smirking and congragulating himself on how clever he is and on how clever you aren't. You will never see it coming and by the time you realize this man cannot be trusted, it will be too late. That kind of treachery is unforgivable (at least IMHO).

A bit more on Mengele: I know of no credible organization in the scientific community that recognizes his work as having any value whatsoever. His methods were known to be arbitrary outlets of wanton cruelty and little more. That is, the experiments he designed, while, uh, creative, I suppose, were simply torture techniques. While encasing people in ice and monitoring their bodies' temperatures at the time of death was a punishment worthy of the ninth circle of hell, I fail to see what insight it would give into racial genetics, which was Mengele's professed aim in murdering them.

Qyburn is meant to resemble Mengele, though, I have little doubt. They both appear warm and friendly; Mengele was extremely handsome and carefree, Qyburn is seen as "fatherly" and possessing "warm eyes." Ultimately, the value of their experiments is tangential to any similarity they bear to one another. They're alike because they can or could preform acts of almost absurd cruelty while appearing cheerfully unaffected.

Mengele had a deep reservoir of sadism lurking beneath, or existing parallel to, his demeanor, though, while Qyburn hasn't shown anything other than intellectual interest in doing what he does -- at this juncture, at least.

While certainly the Nazi doctors were among the most evil men who ever lived their research was read and scientists learned from it. Not all research was useful, but a significant amount apparently was. I saw a book about this some years ago that discussed this matter in detail but didn't get the book and can't remember the title.

The book was pretty thorough in covering the range of "experiments" detailing what was useful about the research, and discussed how awkward it was for the scientify community who did see some useful evidence in some of the work.

Sad but true.

I also believe Mengele's work is debatably used because of the way it was found but its scientific uses. Specifically when people froze to death. I think he kept naked men and women outside in the winter to see how long it took to freeze to death and the differences between males and females. Some of his work definitly has scientific uses.

Qyburn, Joffery, and Cersei are evil for their lack of conscience but Cersei is insane, Joffery was poorly raised and Qyburn is honestly interested in sceince and just does not consider his experiments evil.

The evilest is Ramsay Bolton with Gregor coming in close behind. Ramsay raped a noblewomen then left her to starve to death. He hacked off Rodricks arm as a greeting. He is a traitor who even backstabs his faithful servent, reek. His every action in the series is evil. Literally everytime we hear of him he is being evil.

Gregor feeds Vargo his own limbs. That raises him to near mythic levels of evil. Those are my top contenders.

I hate Lysa the most though. God I want to kill her.

2. He's petty. He wasn't content with the murder and massacres of the Northerners, but the mutilations of the bodies were unforgivable.

I just want to say, I'm perfectly fine with anyone raping, torturing, and mutilating my corpse, as long as they promise to let me die a painless and natural death at a ripe old age.

And I throw my vote to Theon Greyjoy. There are many people who perform worse things than him, but he is the one I know for certain understands the evil inherent to his actions (based on his personal guilt and thoughts). Gregor and Qyburn may be responsible for worse, but they may also really believe themselves as personally justified. Theon's abandonment of his own conscience damns him for all time in my opinion.

Artanaro

Well I'll admit defeat. Mengele's experiments did have scientific value. But I still think that Qyburn is ever so slightly more moral than him, as he seems to be a sociopath rather than a sadist.

Not that I'd want to run into either of them in a dark alley.

I don't think Mengele was a sadist. He was just brutally insane. Not as an excuse, but the things he did don't seem to be the things that can be wrought from a rational mind, let alone a sane one. He had a bizarre fascination with twins, which I would rather not go into detail about. Needless to say the stuff Mengele did, well it should be obvious to anybody sane that it would never work.

For true evil look no further than Unit 731. It had scientific value, many of those involved escaped prosecution because of it. But that excuses none of it. The ice thing doesn't seem like Mengele, I'd wager it was Unit 731. And it was tame compared to the other experiments. Google it at your own peril.

As for Westerosi scumbaggery, many have been mentioned that repeating them would be redundant, so allow me to add Jaqen H'ghar to the list. Sure he hasn't done anything truely despicable(yet (though Pate hadn't done anything deserving of death)) but he's an assassin. Killing somebody because they did something to you or your loved ones is one thing. Killing someone because you were hired to is quite another. Of course what we learn of the Faceless Men makes them out to be a religious sect of some kind, but being a religious fanatic is no better.

And what kind of man lays the death of three men at the feet of a little girl? Sure in the end they were men Arya wanted dead, but if she had no one she wanted dead, would he still have demanded she name three people?

And while he hasn't really done anything truly bad as of yet, let me toss Ser Alliser Thorne out there for the hell of it. God, I hate him.

He is not the most evil, or sadistic or treacherous. His actions has not caused the most grief for the general population, though mostly because he is a tool.

But, Gregor Clegane has a aura of primal dread about him that makes him the villain to fear in the series. He fills an important role in the story as the mindless monster and the villains of the series took a series took a major blow when he went down with a poisoined spear in his gut. So lets hope he'll come back with a vengeance as Gregor the Revived Fiend, without appearing too ludicrous. But I have faith in George to pull it off.

Quick nitpickery: It's Dr. Mengele

To answer the question, there can be no doubt that The Bloody Mummers as well as Ser Gregor's company (himself included) are the absolute worst of the worst.

I do not understand how I should think otherwise. These are the scum of Westeros, lower than low, raping and murdering, hacking off feet, so vile I think GRRM takes it too far. The way Gregor's company casually rape and kill people is so disgusting, so inhuman :mad:

I have to argue for Ramsay Bolton to be recognized as the real scumbag he is, on par with the bloody Mummers and Gregor CLegane.

The man previously roamed the country, thieving and killing.

Then he got his eyes on a widow's land, disregarded the orders of his lord to not approach, raped the woman, killed her servants, then let her starve.

He then evades justice and helps theon Greyjoy in taking Winterfell by treason.

He then is the one to propose and execute the idea of beheading and skinning two miller's children in place of Bran and Rickon, not before their family was raped and killed tho.

Afterward He betrays and slaughters Rodrick Cassel and his men.

And lastly, he betrays Theon Greyjoy, kills every man in winterfell, and burns down the place.

Really one of the lowest bastards in Westeros, for me.

Joffrey. He's completely vicious, cruel, sadistic, idiotic, short-sighted and, to cap it, incompetent. And he gets away with it for far too long because of an accident of birth. I was so happy to see him die (Cersei's pain was fun too).

Archived