NFL Thread: Training Camps open

DanteGabriel

Really I just wanted to share this line from a Fox Sports writer with my fellow NFL fans, on Brett Favre mercifully ending this year's edition of the Diva Retirement Circus:

"Like a safety settling under one of your wobbly pop flies into the middle of the field, I thank you."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9867096...inally-quitting

But seriously, speaking as a Pats fan, is it too late to get him to come back to the Jets for another season?

I think the Jets will provide enough entertainment for this season - Ryan and Sanchez. Add the Bills and T.O. Oh and I think those Dolphins accomplished something last year. *Pat on the back*

I think the NFL will have enough Drama this year without Brett Farve. From Cleveland to Oakland there will be enough story lines to keep things pumping.

I just hope Tom Brady plays early and plays hungry.

How long before Michael Vick signs with the Bengals? Mike Brown is falling behind on his redeeming this year so far.

Vikings. Vikings. Vick to Vikings. They lost out on Favre, Vick can be the consolation/booby prize.

Vick to Vikings. Let's make a meme of this.

Mostly because I see speculation about Vick ending up in New England so much it's starting to make me paranoid that there is a snowball's chance in Hell of it happening.

Mostly because I see speculation about Vick ending up in New England so much it's starting to make me paranoid that there is a snowball's chance in Hell of it happening.

I would be furious if this happened, if only because it would make Madden '10 unplayable online. The number of mouth-breathers who will play only as New England running nothing but fade routes and bubble screens to Moss and Vick will cause me to light my TV on fire.

How long before Michael Vick signs with the Bengals? Mike Brown is falling behind on his redeeming this year so far.

He'll never sign with the Bengals. At least, not while Carson Palmer still has an arm.

There was a piece on the local news last night that the Steelers were "interested."

God, I hope not. Training camp is going to be enough of a circus with the whole Ben thing without adding this.

He'll never sign with the Bengals. At least, not while Carson Palmer still has an arm.

Most of the speculation on Vick centers on teams with solid quarterbacks who would employ him as a Wildcat QB. So Carson Palmer's healthy arm doesn't immunize the Bengals from this debate. ;)

Most of the speculation on Vick centers on teams with solid quarterbacks who would employ him as a Wildcat QB. So Carson Palmer's healthy arm doesn't immunize the Bengals from this debate. ;)

Won't happen. They'll use Caldwell in Wildcat formations.

He's back . . .

Belichick addresses Vick . . . sort of I wouldn't take much from this. Belichick would say nice things about Satan. Oh wait a lot of people think Belichick is Satan. :unsure:

God do I hate Tom Brady. But I have to say, I'm happy he's back. I hate injuries. And I want him there when the Bengals beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship :)

God do I hate Tom Brady. But I have to say, I'm happy he's back. I hate injuries. And I want him there when the Bengals beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship :)

Dude, if the Bengals get into the AFC Championship game I'd root for them against anyone but the Patriots.

Quick Power Rankings:

1) New England Patriots - with Brady back, the record setting offense from 2007 is back and I think as deadly as ever. Also picked up good defensive free agent help in the secondary. Brady and Co. are going to be HUNGRY.

2) Pittsburgh Steelers - Superbowl champions. Big Ben, even though I don't think what he does is pretty, I can't argue with 2 rings. Offensive line might be a weak spot or average at best. Willie Parker in a contract year and Mendenhall backing up. But the big thing is their defense is great and their schedule is pretty easy, especially compared to last year.

3) **Philadelphia Eagles** - My team!! I think this is the year to finally make a serious run and put a NFC Championship Game away. I think this team is loaded as long as the offensive line gels together and Wesbrook stays upright, their D is top 5 and their schedule isn't very hard.

4) NY Giants - As much as I hate to admit it, this team is loaded except for WR. I think their offensive and defensive lines are the best in the league. Osi coming back is huge for this team and the D is loaded. If they get any semblance of production from the WR position, I'd put them over the Eagles for NFC dominance.

5) San Diego Chargers - I like this team a lot. I'm a big believer in Phil Rivers. When he played injured in the playoffs he showed true leadership and heart. Anytime you have LT, Sproles, good offensive line and Cromartie, Merriman, and Phillips on defense, you have a real chance. I think if LT shows up this season and they get more sacks on defense, they are as talented as any in the AFC.

--

With Vick, I see him going to the Patriots. Good system, great leadership, winning organization.

Chad Ochocinco is a nut. He has his own show. He doesn't do anything but talk to the camera while people play video games in the background. But it's strangely compelling as he does answer some training camp questions posed to him in the chat room.

I am pissed, I got banned from the broncos message board. I guess I pissed off a mod. I've never been banned from a site on the internet before--I don't think I even said anything that bad, but oh well. I guess I'll talk about how much I hate Josh McDaniels here.

Edit: In retrospect I DID say something bad. I sent a PM to a mod for giving me an "infraction" because I said something in a message like "blindly supporting McD is foolish." The MOD was offended that I called him foolish. Which I didn't. I sent him a point PM, not rude, but very direct--and BAM! He hits me with a huge infraction so I can't PM anymore, and that infraction will never go away.

So without being able to PM I had no other way to tell him he was a douchebag than posting a message about it. Oh well! I've never done that before--it was kind of fun, despite five years of posting service over there.

I am pissed, I got banned from the broncos message board. I guess I pissed off a mod. I've never been banned from a site on the internet before--I don't think I even said anything that bad, but oh well. I guess I'll talk about how much I hate Josh McDaniels here.

Unleash your anger! Well from a Pats fan let me just say it takes some people a little time to adjust to irrational sports hate.

For now relax and know that for the most part you are now on a friendly board -

Is Josh screwing up camp? Give the poor guy some time.

From the point of view of an outside observer, having watched that whole saga with Jay Cutler play out over the offseason, it seems to me that your statement about supporting McDaniels being foolish is objectively unassailable. If I owned a football team and I watched my new head coach do that to the already-there, talented young quarterback, I'd quickly fire the new head coach, regardless of how embarrassing it would be for me to do so.

Archived