True Blood Season 3 starting June 13.

Andhaira

It was a rune, and using a rune-app for her iPhone she figures out that it stands for "Operation Werewolf". I forget the actual shape of the rune, but if memory serves it looked sort of like Omega.

I thought it was more like 3 small parallel lines, but it was only on screen for a short time.

Guest Raidne

Oh, I do remember that now. Thanks.

I also liked the scene where the chamber of commerce/county employee called Sam "Mr. Merlot," like the wine. There was a lot of sort of jokey stuff in the episode of that nature that I appreciated, actually.

Myself, I really liked when Sookie walked in on Eric and Pam told him, "she overpowered me." I also absolutely loved Pam threatening Lafayette, particularly when she tells him that she is not a hooker. I just like Pam in general. :)

Also...poor, poor, poor little old lady! And poor Sam! It seems they built Bill up to take him down. OTOH, he may be more entertaining as a vampire this season.

I thought it was more like 3 small parallel lines, but it was only on screen for a short time.

Basically. It's like и with one extra parallel line down the middle.

http://boobtube.wordpress.com/2010/06/14/bad-blood-true-blood-in-pictures/ has a great picture of it (and Eric. And Sam and Bill. And Jessica. And Eric..) but the write-up also covers the rest of the episode too.

Werwolf - deliberate spelling?

Not a bad episode, just a tad slow moving.

Sunday's episode spoiler:

I really am going to hate the whole Jason line if he spends the ENTIRE season trying to find his penis. I really like his character, but they drag his plot out waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long for me. Same with Tara actually.

I thought it was cool how after the episode they had a little "making of" and showed all the wolves and how they shot them being "mean".

I also absolutely loved Pam threatening Lafayette, particularly when she tells him that she is not a hooker. I just like Pam in general. :)

"Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink."

Pam: “Now, I don’t remember telling you that lavender was my favorite color.”

Sookie: “I’m in no mood for lesbian weirdness tonight, Pam.”

:lol:

And Arlene, “I’m sorry you fell in love with a serial killer, all right? But honestly, who here hasn’t?”

I :love: Lafayette as always:

Lettie Mae: “I’m sorry about shooting your gun at you.”

Lafayette: “Bitch, you, me, bridge, it ain’t gonna muthafuckin happen.”

SoOo.. where we going from here? Judging by the preview, Bill gets hung up by someone/something there in Mississippi. How is Eric going to handle his thorny situation? I doubt it involves letting Bill rot like the Queen said if only because that would be pretty boring, heh.

I did not know the water in Arkansas was.. hard. :lol: Seriously, where is Sam again? Just wondering how he might tie in.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was a bit slow, but I've come to expect that with this show (and HBO shows in general) as the seasons begin.

"Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink."

Pam: “Now, I don’t remember telling you that lavender was my favorite color.”

Sookie: “I’m in no mood for lesbian weirdness tonight, Pam.”

:lol:

And Arlene, “I’m sorry you fell in love with a serial killer, all right? But honestly, who here hasn’t?”

I :love: Lafayette as always:

Lettie Mae: “I’m sorry about shooting your gun at you.”

Lafayette: “Bitch, you, me, bridge, it ain’t gonna muthafuckin happen.”

The cast is really working well together, and they're delivering the dialogue perfectly.

Tara is the only character I'd consider dead weight, and that's more the character than the actress.

It's really a great cast.

SoOo.. where we going from here? Judging by the preview, Bill gets hung up by someone/something there in Mississippi. How is Eric going to handle his thorny situation? I doubt it involves letting Bill rot like the Queen said if only because that would be pretty boring, heh.

I did not know the water in Arkansas was.. hard. :lol: Seriously, where is Sam again? Just wondering how he might tie in.

Sam's in Alabama. His is the story I'm most looking forward to this season. I knew exactly what his dream was when it was happening, but I still busted out laughing. If there hasn't been Sam/Bill slashfic written already, I'm positive that's it's now in progress.

My worry with this season is that they're going to stretch the characters in too many directions, and that it won't be as tight as it could/should be.

Only nitpick I have is that they could have done the whole "find the tattoo / operation werewolf" bit better.

1. Who has an sign / tattoo app on their iPhone?

2. Operation Werewolf sounds at least semi secret, why have they added that sign to some iPhone sign database?

Operation Werwolf. They're taking their symbol from the Nazis,

sort of like how you see Iron Crosses and so on associated with biker gangs. I'm spoilering this because my understanding is that the werewolves are going to basically _be_ biker gangs in the series.

Tara is just horrible. It feels like she sucks the fun out of the show whenever she's on screen, and when she's on screen with her mother, well, it's like a blackhole of anti-entertainment. Ugh.

We need more Pam, though. She's awesome. Actually, I'd prefer if the show just became a buddy dramedy with Pam and Lafayette. Eric can stay too.

Pam is awesome. I hope she's not set up as the "fall guy" for the Queen/Eric's ventures.

I will say that last season, ERW was horrendous in her "acting abilities" in her portrayal of the queen. But, this season, she's not making me want to set myself on fire, so that's something.

I'm enjoying this season more. No more Marianne and Eggs and all of that annoying BS. I mean, it would have been an interesting narrative, but they dragged it on way too long.

I do hope we get to see the Soldiers of the Sun again. They were awesome fundie goodness.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bill didn't really fuck up the little old lady right? I mean, he got the blood that he needed, but she's going to be good as new isn't she?

From the looks of it, she'll be just fine.

And yes, please, I want more Pam moments! Her character keeps getting better.

Given that he gave her money and a nice memory of her no-good son visiting her, yeah, she'll be "okay" ... if one can be okay about being physically violated because you don't remember it. Bill was pretty creepy there, and his attempts to "be nice" about it remind me of EHK's (RIP) rants about how awful vampires are.

Eric would have killed her and then left the money as a joke. That is exactly the kind of stuff (sucking off old ladies and trying to be conscious about it) that Eric tries to point out to Sookie all the time. It was sort of a Dexter moment.

As for the kidnapping. We know now thanks to a nice iphone ap that the Werewolves were the grunts, but who gave the order and why? As for the Sam/Bill connection. Are they setting things up for Sam to save the day?

I really wish we had two threads (I thought we did last season) those who read the books and those who didn't? Because from what I know this show has far gone in quite a few different directions than the book. I've only read the first one and felt no desire to go further. When GOT airs on HBO I would imagine seeing the differences between book and show would be both frustrating and exciting to readers and non-readers alike so I have some sympathy.

Archived