True Blood Season 3 starting June 13.

Andhaira

So who else is excited for the new season of True Blood coming up? :)

I wonder who the main villain for this season will be; it could possibly be the Vampire Queen we met last season (who bill went to to get advice from on how to deal with the maenad)

Have you guys been watching the minisodes? Just small teasers, but I really liked the Jessica one. Can get them on HBO if you're in the states, or on Youtube if you're not.

I can't wait to see how things progress, and how they differ from the books.

Me too. I just recently watched the first two seasons. I wasn't sure at first whether I was OK with the show going on a different direction than the books on several areas but I ended up liking it anyway and I'm excited about the new season.

Quick question for us non book reading fans of the show. What is the consensus about spoiling/discussing how the books deal with the different storylines?

Spoiler text, own thread in lit, full on discussion?

Guest Raidne

I think people generally use spoiler text? I think it's usually looked something like "I was really surprised when they veered off the book plot in Season 2 when they:"...[insert spoiler text]. I am personally about to start reading the series, so I'd appreciate that, and have no problem with doing that once I finish it. :)

I'm sure that Erik will continue to be a villain of sorts.

One way or another, there had better be more Erik. If he's not going to play Jaime in HBOs AGoT, then I'd better get more of him as Erik.

I'm pretty psyched. Just picked up the latest book as well, so we'll see how it goes.

A lot of things they seem to have done better than the book, and others (like the crazy baccus chick) are really stupid. I think they really need to combine 2 books into 1 season, since the books are fairly light on content (especially later in the series), and the show plotlines start to drag a lot.

I'm looking forward to it - got all caught up via On Demand and I really like this show. I read the first two books and I'm waiting until S3 finishes before I go any further.

I don't think Eric's so much of a villain though. :D

One way or another, there had better be more Erik. If he's not going to play Jaime in HBOs AGoT, then I'd better get more of him as Erik.

You want to see more Erik? Watch the early bits of Zoolander. When Zoolander's hanging out with his male model posse. Guaranteed hilarity. :)

Stoked.

The only thing that would make this better is if it was renamed, "Eric Northman: Viking Vampire." :P

(But no, really, excited to see where this season is going - the set up from the finale was enough to whet my appetite for more of Sam's background, and more Sookie/Eric.)

ETA: DG, I love that part. Except you know, then he goes and bites it in a freak gasoline fight accident. :lol:

I have predictions--some of which I know are true. :devil:

We meet werewolves--and Jason's reaction to discovering their existence is priceless! Eric evidently has a close encounter of the erotic kind with another male. A couple try to break into Bill's house to commit a hate crime, but run afoul of Jessica. Methinks Jessica and Pam are going to get real close. Tara gets a new boyfriend, and he has fangs. Hoyt and Jason become roommates. We meet one of the vampire Kings (this one is of Mississippi) and his boyfriend. Yes, Sophie-Anne will return and we'll learn more of Hadley, Sookie's cousin and one of Sophie's "harem." Among other things, she has a little boy. Some major character is going to die. Sam meets his birth family.

Can hardly wait!

Oh, that trailer makes me so excited for this season. I hope it's not the "greatest clips" and that everything else sucks, but I doubt it will be. James Frain FTW.

Aaaaaaaaawesome.

Cuellar & all: (spoilers based on season 3 casting and the books up to book 4)

They are starting to combine stories. Crystal Norris will be in this series, and she's not introduced until book 4.

So the book 3 elements that are definitely in:

- Alcide and the Weres

- Debbie Pelt's introduction

- Bill's disappearance & presumably his discovery

- Russell Edgington, King of Mississippi

- Franklin Mott, vampire companion to Tara

And for book 4:

- Crystal Norris

- Felton Norris

- Mayor Norris (Calvin?)

So what about... Jason's run-in with Felton? Bill and Sookie in the trunk of the car? Eric's run-in with Hallow and her crew?

And what about Bubba?! (No credit for such a character on IMDB - think they're keeping that character out of the TV show?)

Things different from the books that could have an affect, so far (covering same as above, plus IMDB's episode summaries for season 3):

- Making Godric Eric's maker

- no record on IMDB for Lorena in Season 3, but her stunt double is credited

- Jessica!

- Lafayette -- still alive, and apparently gets a gift "bequeathed" to him from Eric in S3

- no JB du Rone, who has a "bigger" role in later books

... what am I missing?

I can't wait to watch these, even though I just rewatched season 2 this weekend. Come on, HBO!

Kinda excited about season 3, I watched every epp from the 1st 2 with a buddy except the last one for season 2 and never went back and watched it. So I still don't really know what happened.

Someone let me in on what went down.

I actually liked book 3 the most, especially more than 2/4. I think they'll really work the story with Russell, but hopefully it won't be over the top and dragged out like the fellowship of the sun bullshit last season. I wonder what the plot will be in Bon Temps while Sookie is in Missippi though, since something (Eric probably) needs to keep Jason and Lafayette busy. I'd assume they'll have the whole Crystal and Jason plot line start in this season...

I didn't catch the Norris plot introduction.

Archived