What should be Jon's new Targaryen name?

Toe

if he survives his stabbing, and rides south, and ramsey catches him

it will ryhme with something

the whole point

of Jon getting stabbed is so that he can get out of that monastery/Night Watch by dying and coming back to life

rather than reforming the Night Watch. I mean it's not like Martin Luther

had to get stabbed and then revived

to marry a nun and own a house. he just posted a few theses to the Church door at Wittenberg.

It's gotta stay Jon. Haha, that would be great with all these weird, exotic Valyrian names. Imagine looking at a Targ family tree:

Ok, let's see. We have Aegon, Aemon, Jaeharys, Viserys, Rhaegar. Oh, and good old Jon Targaeryan.

He might as well make his name Bob, Steve, Jack, or Bill. That's Targ awesomeness right there.

• 1 month later...

1. Rhaegar and Lyenne never married = Jon is bastard child and can not ever be Targaryen.

2. Although being Snow, Eddard raised Jon as his own child, thus he sees himself as Stark and sees Ned as his father - learning who his real parents were won't change that.

3. Everything he accomplished is under the name of Jon Snow, I don't think he's gonna change it.

4. He will never become King, even if he is one of the three heads of Dragon, in best case he will remain Lord Commander of the NW.

5. Hmmm... maybe Lord Commander Jon The Warg Snow.

BTW, I also think that Viserion is Jon's Dragon.

This obviously assumes that Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon. If so, then what new Targaryen name should Jon take? "Jon" likely comes from Jon Arryn. However, a Targaryen heir needs a Targaryen name in order to emphasize his connection to the Targaryen dynasty. Some suggestions...

Rheagar II (or I?) - his father

Aegon VI - a new beginning for the dynasty like Aegon I

Other possible names here:

http://en.wikipedia....House_Targaryen

He will also most likely be given an epithet. Suggestions...

The Bastard

The Crow

The Great

Wallbreaker

So in history books he would then be called, for example, Rheagar II the Bastard.

I think he might already have a Targ name, probably Aemon or after his father and as to the second part. Since like Mance's son he was born while a battle raged around him, then it would either be Aemon Steelsong or Aemon Battleborn. Wallbreaker works too.

You know I think Jon was supposed to be a girl, so his intended name was Visenya and being male Ned named Jon.

But what surname he should have once legitimised is a good question

Think about houses Blackfyre and Wensington, also judging by their colours it is possible that the Reynes are legitimisted Lannister bastards.

Archived