What should be Jon's new Targaryen name?

Toe

• 11 months later...

It is possible that Lyanna and maybe Rheagar had chosen a name for the baby, which lyanna may have told Ned. If it were a typically Targ-y name, Ned would have to have chosen something simple and forgettable so nobody might guess. 'Jon' is perfect; everyone would assume Ned had named him after Jon Arryn. But somehow the Targ-y name may eventually become known, in which case Jon could assume it. I certainly hope he doesn't. As he is half-Stark by blood and fully Stark by upbringing and nurture, he should keep a Stark name.

Why can't he stick with Jon? It is a servicable name and he can be Jon, first of his name, king of the blah blah blah.....

I know it isn't an official Targaryen name but a name has to start somewhere. Someone must be first of his name. Especially since he is already used to Jon. It would be kind of embarrasing for someone to be trying to call him by his Targ name and Jon ignoring him because he can't remember that's his new name.

But if he must change his name, he should choose Bob. biggrin.gif

After all, they almost had King Duncan the Small oreviously

As for a Targ name-if his true name isnt actually jon, its likely Aemon (for Aemon the Dragonknight and maester Aemon), Daeron (the young Dragon was Jon's hero, and also died young), but Id think hed keep Jon as his first name regardless

After all, they almost had King Duncan the Small oreviously

As for a Targ name-if his true name isnt actually jon, its likely Aemon (for Aemon the Dragonknight and maester Aemon), Daeron (the young Dragon was Jon's hero, and also died young), but Id think hed keep Jon as his first name regardless

What? No love for Baelor? :bawl: :crying: :frown5:

For the record, I'm not completely sold on Jon being a Targaryen, but time will prove or disprove the theory.

As for the name, I see no reason he couldn't stick with Jon - we had a Duncan Targaryen after all.

But, if a Targaryen name had to be given then I wouldn't be surprised if it was Daeron. And, if Jon is indeed the son of R+L, they may have selected a name for him then Lyanna told Ned - who proceeded to change it for the baby's safety.

His name is Jon Snow and he's already made that clear.

No way he will take a new name.

:agree: Why would he change his name, Jon will probably always look up to Ned as his Father even if he turns out not to be his real father, why change it to a Targaryen name when He has a perfectly fine name that his "Father" Ned gave him.Jon.

He will change his name from Jon Snow to Jon's Won.

You know I really don't care what he calls himself as long as their are no "y"s where there should be "i"s or random "ae"s. If he calls himself Jon Ycefyre or Staerk I shall climb into the book and slap him.

Archived