Jon Snow Meets Undead Cat

The faceless others

I don't see why. Catelyn is about revenge against his son's murderers, and Jon had nothing to do with it. Regardless of what she might have said in a particular moment of despair while she was out of er mind, Catelyn never wished Jon's death.

I don't see why. Catelyn is about revenge against his son's murderers, and Jon had nothing to do with it. Regardless of what she might have said in a particular moment of despair while she was out of er mind, Catelyn never wished Jon's death.

I don't think that Lady Stoneheart would make it a priority to kill Jon, but I think that she would if for example he was proclaimed King in the North. So no, I do not think that Lady Stoneheart is entirely rational and would kill Jon if given a reason - which wouldn't really need to be very good.

If, as we suspect, the Undead who are brought back are focused primarily on the events that happened just before their deaths, as Dondarrion seemed to be on the mission given him be Ned (kicking the Mountain's ass!), then I think Cat would also be wholly focused on revenge for the RW. Jon Snow won't really matter much at this point to her.

If, as we suspect, the Undead who are brought back are focused primarily on the events that happened just before their deaths, as Dondarrion seemed to be on the mission given him be Ned (kicking the Mountain's ass!), then I think Cat would also be wholly focused on revenge for the RW. Jon Snow won't really matter much at this point to her.

I don't know, she didn't seem too discriminating with Brienne and her two companions. Pod and Ser Whatever didn't have anything to do with the RW.

I don't know, she didn't seem too discriminating with Brienne and her two companions. Pod and Ser Whatever didn't have anything to do with the RW.

She thought she was with the Lannisters. And with Jamie Lannister, a guy that she probably blames for the loss of her son (due to that line by Roose Bolton) and that didn't bring back her daughter like he promised

So, is this why /Dondarrion relinquished his command to Lady Stoneheart because the mountain was dead? I can't seem to remember the chronology did Gregor die before UnCat was resurrected or was it the other way around.

Beric died for the last time upon breathing life into UnCat, IIRC.

I guess that could qualify as 'relinquishing command', tho... :P

I think it would depend on the circumstances but certainly before her death I wouldn't consider her feelings towards Jon as being equivalent to those of Cersei towards her younger brother. Indeed, most of the time she just pretended he didn't exist. I recall several times Catelyn not even remembering that Jon existed; I think I even remember a line after she finds out that Bran and Rickon were 'killed' that Robb now had no brothers. And she wasn't saying it to somebody else, she was thinking it in her head -- almost as if she had blocked the existence of Jon from her mind. As for this topic in general, I have always been under the impression that they will meet at some point if for no other reason than because it seems so ripe dramatically speaking; I've always thought it was too good of an opportunity to let get away. But even saying that, I can't conceive how and under what circumstances they could possibly run into each other.

I think it would depend on the circumstances but certainly before her death I wouldn't consider her feelings towards Jon as being equivalent to those of Cersei towards her younger brother. Indeed, most of the time she just pretended he didn't exist. I recall several times Catelyn not even remembering that Jon existed; I think I even remember a line after she finds out that Bran and Rickon were 'killed' that Robb now had no brothers. And she wasn't saying it to somebody else, she was thinking it in her head -- almost as if she had blocked the existence of Jon from her mind.

I don't know. She certainly did seem to ignore Jon, but Jon was always there on her mind. We see plenty of examples of this in GoT. When Ned is leaving Catelyn doesn't want to be left with his bastard. When Bran is unconscious Catelyn tells Jon it should have been him. She certainly doesn't talk to him often (I believe Jon said he was going to keep walking away from Bran's bedside but it was the first time Catelyn had used his name) but when she does address him or think about him, it is in complete loathing.

As for the topic, I think Catelyn would want to kill Jon, as he seems to be the only "Stark" left. Ned's bastard who she hates has outlived all her children is what she'll probably think. But I don't think she could ever bring herself to kill him.

Now with all that said, I don't think Stoneheart will ever run into Jon unless she goes up to the Wall looking for him, because I don't see Jon leaving the Wall unless it is with Dany and a few dragons.

No, I don't think UnCat will want to kill Jon. She's all about the people who harmed her family. The only scenario in which I could envision it is if she learned some of her children were alive and that Jon was making a play for their inheritance.

Cat didn't usually speak to Jon with as much loathing as she displayed at Bran's bedside.

No, I don't think UnCat will want to kill Jon. She's all about the people who harmed her family. The only scenario in which I could envision it is if she learned some of her children were alive and that Jon was making a play for their inheritance.

Cat didn't usually speak to Jon with as much loathing as she displayed at Bran's bedside.

While I agree that she is all about revenge against the Freys, Boltons and Lannisters, I just find it entirely to be in Catelyn's character to wish death upon Jon after all her kids have been killed. All of her kids are dead, but Ned's bastard is alive. She would resent him more than ever. But like I said before, I don't think she would actually kill him, just wish he were dead.

I predict a positive re-union between Jon and Cat. We still don't know the extent of Cat's health. I don't think she's a walking corpse. She recognizes people. Anyway I think the re-union will happen; it'll be tense at first but then be positive.

I think it would depend on the circumstances but certainly before her death I wouldn't consider her feelings towards Jon as being equivalent to those of Cersei towards her younger brother. Indeed, most of the time she just pretended he didn't exist. I recall several times Catelyn not even remembering that Jon existed; I think I even remember a line after she finds out that Bran and Rickon were 'killed' that Robb now had no brothers. And she wasn't saying it to somebody else, she was thinking it in her head -- almost as if she had blocked the existence of Jon from her mind. As for this topic in general, I have always been under the impression that they will meet at some point if for no other reason than because it seems so ripe dramatically speaking; I've always thought it was too good of an opportunity to let get away. But even saying that, I can't conceive how and under what circumstances they could possibly run into each other.

I agree with most of this, It would be a great meeting as well, but honestly, I don't see it happening just based on the fact that GRRM doesn't follow regular Fantasy style story tellings.

I agree with most of this, It would be a great meeting as well, but honestly, I don't see it happening just based on the fact that GRRM doesn't follow regular Fantasy style story tellings.

But my thinking is that he can have the meeting and still subvert typical fantasy story telling by not having Catelyn apologize or any sort of standard reconciliation. Not having the meeting itself though I think is wasting a great moment of dramatic tension. Then again, there are plenty such meetings possible in the story and it might be overdoing it to have too many come to fruition. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking of Sansa and the Hound, Jon and Arya, Jaime and Bran, Cersei and any Stark (or Jon), Brienne and Jaime, Dany and Cersei, Jon and Dany (depends on who Jon's father is), Theon and Jon, Theon and Asha, and the list goes on and on and on . . . So I can understand why a lot of these encounters may be dropped, but I still think Jon and Catelyn is one of the few too enticing to pass on.

Archived