Direwolf Scene - On Demand

smegma

Ok, now there is a video of the direwolves scene filmed with a camera, but i don't know if i can post the link here....

I would respect the board's wishes and not post the link here - although if they so desired to look for it, it's posted in the comments on WiC :P

Same with the extended Stark feature.

Charter must be more different than Comcast than I thought. (For some reason I thought Charter was owned by Comcast, but wiki says no. It's the 4th largest cable provider after Comcast, Time Warner etc, and is the monopoly provider here in my new hometown.) It doesn't have Top Picks. There is an additional tab called "Free Previews" which has a sub-tab "HBO Sampler," but it seems to have the same things available as the "Inside Series" tab under HBO.

For those of us with Comcast On Demand there are new videos - one of which is the full Direwolf discovery scene. I'll keep looking at the Comcast menus for additional stuff.

I have Comcast (and was getting excited, thinking that horrible company was finally earning the money I shell out) and just watched through what is available for AGOT and didn't see the direwolf scene. In fact, everything that is available appears to be the same thing that HBO is posting to their website and Ran is posting to Facebook.

I have Comcast (and was getting excited, thinking that horrible company was finally earning the money I shell out) and just watched through what is available for AGOT and didn't see the direwolf scene. In fact, everything that is available appears to be the same thing that HBO is posting to their website and Ran is posting to Facebook.

In the Top Picks menu, under GOT go to Behind the Scenes - there is the Exclusive Scene (direwolves) and the costume selection as well (although that one may be online already). Under The Houses is the extended Stark feature, which is still not online either.

Direwolf Scene.........

So, I just watched this 3 times.

The first time - had a hard time hearing some of the dialogue. But then, I do think Sean Bean mumbles. There was also a lot of background noise....water from a flowing creek?

2nd time - ah! Turned up the volume. Dialogue very nice. Not much (or any?) music.

3rd time - Great! And I laughed at how they quickly made Theon ....um....not a nice guy. He's already unlikable.

Good scene! What do you think?

I think it's bloody fantastic. I have watched three times, too. I expected to hear a "squelch" as the antler was pulled out of the direwolf.

I think the sound you heard is the stream in the background and the music is like an ominous drone of some sort. I have to say, all of the acting was excellent. Especially young Bran. The look on his face when he says "Father, no!" And when he gives the little smile when he learns they will keep the direwolves.

Man, when this airs, we are all going to be so ecstatic to see these characters and places come to life!

Does anyone understand what Theon says to jon at the end of the video? I can't understand his accent at all.. thank you :)

it's posted in the comments on WiC :P

LOL i know, i posted it there... a great thanks to Darkenmal's brilliant suggestion about filming with a cell phone

And yes, Ghost has red eyes.

It was so freaking cool.

It was so freaking cute.. puppies *___*

(i am a girl after all!)

I wanna know why they changed the exchange b/n Jon and Theon at the end ab Ghost. Disappointing bc I thought the way that chapter is ended in the book is perfect

Just one of many changes. They probably wanted to emphasise the animosity between Jon and Theon.

In the Top Picks menu, under GOT go to Behind the Scenes - there is the Exclusive Scene (direwolves) and the costume selection as well (although that one may be online already). Under The Houses is the extended Stark feature, which is still not online either.

Aha! It took a bit to figure out (I generally only go beneath the HBO On Demand menu and thusly couldn't find Top Picks) but I got it. Thanks! That was beautiful. :)

Does anyone understand what Theon says to jon at the end of the video? I can't understand his accent at all.. thank you :)

He says "Oh, the runt of the litter! That one's yours, Snow."

I would have personally liked the line from the book better, but I am glad they are setting Theon up to be a jerk, and not a character we can feel sympathetic for.

Although I am a bit confused about the nature of the relationship between Theon and Robb. In the books they are best friends, but here they don't seem it. Robb tells Theon to put away his sword, in a rather harsh tone too, to which Theon replies "I take orders from your father, not you." But, I can't say I am terribly torn, I hate Theon. And I am glad they are showing us more of the relationship between Jon and Robb than Theon and Robb.

I'm jealous that I don't have comcast and cannot watch this!

Although I am a bit confused about the nature of the relationship between Theon and Robb. In the books they are best friends, but here they don't seem it. Robb tells Theon to put away his sword, in a rather harsh tone too, to which Theon replies "I take orders from your father, not you." But, I can't say I am terribly torn, I hate Theon. And I am glad they are showing us more of the relationship between Jon and Robb than Theon and Robb.

I certainly hope that Theon and Robb are friends in the series, and I do not expect that to change. They have all season to establish Theon and Robb as friends, but only two episodes to view Jon's relationships with everyone.

And though I don't like Theon at all, I still found his conflict in the second book to be interesting, choosing between his two families. I hope they make sure to establish Winterfell as a home for him and Robb as a friend, or else his betrayal won't be a potent.

And just because Robb used a harsh tone doesn't mean that they aren't friends. This is the problem with over-analyzing a five minute clip.

And just because Robb used a harsh tone doesn't mean that they aren't friends. This is the problem with over-analyzing a five minute clip.

Except it wasn't Robb's harsh tone that made me think what I do, but Theon's reply. Sure I am probably over-analyzing it, but if they want to portray Theon and Robb as best friends, I don't think they should start out like that. Especially since this is more than likely the first interaction we see between the two of them. Unless it was meant in jest, which it didn't seem so, it makes me question how they will develop the relationship between the two of them.

Archived