GOT comic cover preview

Do you only do the cover arts, or the comics's actual art too?

In any case, this is good stuff. I have a question about this artwork: it says, "'Field of Fire' first a commission, then colored for the 'Art of A Song of Ice and Fire' book.". But I'm fairly certain that this artwork does not appear in the Art of Ice and Fire book (which is a great shame, because it's awesome!). Yet the book has plenty of half-empty pages with tons of white space, it's not as if there wasn't enough room and they had to cut it... do you know why it didn't end up appearing in the book?

Edit: also, is the comic planned for the entire series? Cause that's gonna take a long time... lol.

Great job as always, Mike. And you're in good company -- I know Alex Ross is doing the other alternate cover. Ned beside the heart tree is such an iconic image.

Do you only do the cover arts, or the comics's actual art too?

In any case, this is good stuff. I have a question about this artwork: it says, "'Field of Fire' first a commission, then colored for the 'Art of A Song of Ice and Fire' book.". But I'm fairly certain that this artwork does not appear in the Art of Ice and Fire book (which is a great shame, because it's awesome!). Yet the book has plenty of half-empty pages with tons of white space, it's not as if there wasn't enough room and they had to cut it... do you know why it didn't end up appearing in the book?

Edit: also, is the comic planned for the entire series? Cause that's gonna take a long time... lol.

It's in the book. At least it's in my copies. haha... Maybe you should look again?

And right now they have the license to Game of Thrones. Supposing it does well, they'll move on with the rest of the series. Yes, that will take a very long time. heh.

But at least I'll have lots of great covers to sell! :D

there will be alot of confused people with you drawing them the way they are in the books rather than the tv series. nice work. though i have no idea how they will get the complexity of asoiaf into comics.

there will be alot of confused people with you drawing them the way they are in the books rather than the tv series. nice work. though i have no idea how they will get the complexity of asoiaf into comics.

Well, I'm not involved with the interior, but I think it'll be doable. And I'm doing it based on character designs by the interior artist, with a little of my own flare based on more traditional medieval reference.

Morrigan, I don't know what page it is, and my book is missing. Sorry!

Xray, THANKS!

Well, I'm not involved with the interior, but I think it'll be doable. And I'm doing it based on character designs by the interior artist, with a little of my own flare based on more traditional medieval reference.

Morrigan, I don't know what page it is, and my book is missing. Sorry!

Xray, THANKS!

"my own flare based on more traditional medieval reference." Can I take that as the interior artist Patterson interpretation of George's world, namely what people wear, is less medieval looking? Than what we generally see, such as in your work? I really hope it doesn't vear to much to the sci fi angle. Buckles and leather straps and contemporary looking clothing and boots all over with a 'fantasy medieval twist'...

What I've always enjoyed about your vision is it refernces more historical and thats how I always saw Georges world with more real history flare.

Archived