The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

Tyrion Lannister

Arya Stark

Bran Stark

Samwell Tarly

Daenerys Targaryen

IMO those 5 are 100% safe, GRRM spent too much time placing them to let it go to waste, plus he cant throw away his favourite.

I have a strong fear of saying GRRM "can't" do something. As if the simple fact that you say it will make the opposite true.

The fact that Tyrion is GRRM's favorite character is actually the main reason I fear for his death

To be honest, I'm not sure how much it matters to me who survives. What matters to me the most is that Walder Frey's death is long and painful and comes at the hand of someone (possibly Arya or UnCat), and does not occur naturally through old age or something. My biggest fear is that GRRM will rob me of this satisfaction as he robbed me of it with Joff's death.

Bran, Sansa, Rickon, Brienne, and Samwell are the only characters that I would bet money on actually making it to the end. Tyrion, Jon, and Dany will all be dead in my opinion (I don't think Tyrion's so called "plot armor" is a relevant factor at the end of the series). Certain deaths include Theon, Jaime, Cersei, Stannis, Aegon, the Boltons, and countless others.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

small-logo.png

I just want Melisandre to survive to the end to see how horribly and stupidly wrong she was about Azor Ahai. THEN she can die a painful death. :D

But seriously: in my opinion, things are all going to come to a head in the next book. It wouldn't surprise me if all of the main action happened in TWoW and ADoS is mostly spent dealing with the repercussions of everything. As for who dies, here is my list:

Brienne

Jon Connington

Arya

Victarion

Barristan

Areo Hotah

Cersei

Melisandre

Aeron Greyjoy

Theon

Arianne

This isn't an issue about how many POV characters there are. It would be better if concurrent storylines were examined. Of those, I count only 13, with the potential for more mixing, meaning the story doesn't necessitate quite so many deaths as one would think. We're going to start getting a heavy dose of rotating POVs and/or cases where one POV will become dominate over others.

(1) Jon/Melisandre

(2) Davos

(3) Theon/Asha

(4) Aeron

These four will probably mix and match as time goes on.

(5) Bran

One of the more solitary storylines -- I don't imagine he'll ever again meet up with other POVs outside of supernatural occurences.

(6) Arya

Will have to be incorporated into a larger plot at some point.

(7) Sansa

Ditto. I actually think she'll crash into Jaime and Brienne's story very soon.

(8) Jaime/Brienne

(9) Cersei

More mixing and matching -- although, I can imagine all three participants dying at some point.

(10) Daenerys/Tyrion/Barristan/Victarion

Simply too many POVs in one location. The latter two will probably bite the dust.

(11)

Arianne

/Jon Connington

Here, one of the characters is guarenteed to die.

(12) Sam

Another very solitary storyline. One has to wonder how it will be incorporated into the rest of the story.

(13) Areo

This POV might simply be retired or, if not, ended in the near future.

This thread is so FUN!I read somewhere Asha will be killed by Theon or Euron!:lol: Theon saved her and Euron's gonna killed either by Aeron,Theon or Sam the Wizard!

Normal->Alive

[]->No more POV but not dead

Strikethrough->Dead

Semi-Strikethrough->Not sure

Tyrion Lannister-He will find Tysha in Lys,on his way back home.There she will be fully trained,so Tyrion won't need other women.Tyrion will end up Lord of Casterly Rock.

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy->I'm not sure if he will live,but he won't be king.These will be his final lessons to learn.Theon will understand that kingship isn't everything and he will know to bow his head to women(i.e.Queen Asha) as before he considered women only for...

[Asha Greyjoy]->I think she won't die but at least in TWOW I don't think she's going to have a chapter.She might get chapters in ADOS.We can follow her line through Theon,and since Theon's got a chapter...She is also the Rightful Queen of the Iron Islands.

Brienne of Tarth-Vengeance for the trap she set up to Jaime.

Samwell Tarly->He will be a Wizard on the Citadel and he might defeat Euron.

Cersei Lannister-100% sure.

Jaime Lannister-It seems like he's going to die but I hate that idea.I would like him to live a life of pain and regrets,but not to die.

Daenerys Targaryen-I would love this!

[Areo Hotah]-Areo Hotah will be slowly removed as a POV.He's just a Captain of the Guard,he will live but I find him needless in the last 2 books.

Arienne Martell-She must inherit Dorne at all costs.

Jon Connington-He must die in order for Gendry to be King.

Aeron Greyjoy-I'm not 100% sure.

Victarion Greyjoy-I can't find no solution for Victarion

Barristan Selmy-I would love not,but he's earning it by following Daenerys.

Melisandre-She MUST die.Though she's a nice character she did far too many evil.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the "younger queen" is Asha. She teams up with Damphair and overthrows Euron and Cersei after Cersei escapes Aegon and teams up with Euron (if we are going for the unexpected way to fulfill a prophecy route).

Meanwhile, Tyrells are about to get OWNED between Aegon, Crowseye, and the Faith. Tyrion's proximity to Cersei may indicate that plot may finally get off its arse.

Tyrion Lannister - Cool.

Jon Snow - Cool, gettit, cuz he'd dead and frozen? :P

Arya Stark - Cool although I still wish she was older.

Sansa Stark - Cool

Bran Stark - Cool[ish]

Davos Seaworth - Probably just wishful thinking with him going to save Rickon and all but I wish he'd fall in a well right after.

Theon Greyjoy - Can he just die already? Reek, Reek it rhymes with morally-repugnant-slug-who's-lived-too-long.

Asha Greyjoy - I like her way more than her brother, one or two POV's wouldn't be amiss.

Brienne of Tarth - Another someone who's POV's are a snore fest. Also bound to be even more of cringe fest with her missing a cheek. Poor Brienne.

Samwell Tarly - As long as he doesn't call himself a craven and Fat Pink Mast, toe fungus and BREAST MILK DRINKING is never mentioned ever again cool.

Cersei Lannister - Cool, I wanna say if the lion's claws really have been pulled. Doubt it. But expect more crazy now that Kevan died like her dad.

Jaime Lannister - I am ambivalent to the existence to Jaime.

Daenerys Targaryen - As long as she stays far, far, far, far away from Meereen, cool.

Areo Hotah - OMG he's worst than Davos.

Arienne Martell - Eh.

Jon Connington - Eh.

Aeron Greyjoy - Kill. It. With. Fire.

Victarion Greyjoy - I'm hoping his evil Rollo hand strangles him after he finds out the mute is his brother.

Barristan Selmy - I have no quarrel with Ser Grandfather.

Melisandre - She's cool even if she is the most inept Red Priest of all the Red Priests we've met so far. (THREE!)

<_<

Here are my guesses, and yes while I think that Jon is getting a reprive wt Melisandre's help in TWOW, he will be dead for good by the end of the series.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

Jon Snow- lives

Tyrion- lives

Arya- should die but paris would kill george so she will live

Sansa- will live

Bran- ?

Davos- will live

Theon- will die but not soon

Asha- will live

Brienne- will die

Cersei and Jamie- will die

Danerys- will live

Aereo Hotah- will live

Arrianne- will live

Connington-handwriting is on the wall, hes dead

Aeron- will die

Victorian- will at least lose his left arm

Barristan- will die of waiting

Melly- will get swept into the ash bucket.

Tyrion will live and will resume his role as Hand to the King/Queen

Jon will live and rule Westeros with Tyrion as his hand, and Sam as his Maester his kingsguard will be comprised of Arya, Rickon, Mance's son, Meera, and

various wildlings. Or will save the world and then return to his post in the NW to live out his long long years a la Maester Aemmon. I feel his reveal to Jon

that he (Aemmon) was a targ and could have claimed the throne but stayed true to his Maester/NW vows was a touching and foreshadowing moment.

Sansa will survive and live out her days as the rightful heir to Winterfell after doing away with LF and being reunited with Sandor who she will love despite the fact

that he is not handsome because he deep down is a true knight and he loves her and she will redeem her childish old self by growing up.

Arya is going to survive. She is a survivor 100% and she will have vengence and a reunion with Jon and Nymeria. Or I will cry eternally a la Alyssa's Tears.

Bran im not so sure about Bran, I think he could either live forever as a treeish greenseer, or he could sacrifice himself for the sake of his family somehow,

warging into something a wolf or a man or a dragon to save his loved ones.

Davos will live, he is a good man of principle and will deserve a happy ending after Stannis and Mel are long gone he will serve the Starks somehow and be

rewarded for his efforts and reunited with his wife and kids..

Theon will die a redeeming death, I think he will save the Stark girls somehow and hopefully will get the satisfaction of killing the Boltons or at least the Bastard of

Bolton.

Asha will live I think she will rule on Pike she deserves it...but there is also the slight chance she will show Theon she does love him after all and die for his sake.

Victarion will die.

Aeron will die.

Brienne will die a noble death possibly defending/retrieving Sansa or somehow for Jamie.

Cersei will die Im hoping a Dany/Dragon death. The Queen more younger and more beautiful than she.

Jamie will die shortly after Cersei most likely but I really don't want him to. I would love to see him play out some more scenes with Tyrion and continue to redeem

himself. I hope he at least gets a noble/touching death.

Dany this one is tricky I havent figured out what her fate will be because I cant decide how I feel about her character I think she makes it close to the end but

ultimately will die. I can't see her on the throne, and I cant see her settling for less than the throne.

Aereo Hotah really who cares....he'll die.

Arienne Martel will live and rule Dorne although I dont care one way or the other.

Jon Conn will die from Greyscale or a violent death in his attempts to put gryff on the throne, im thinking he finds out he is a blackfyre targ and doesnt approve and

Varys sends someone to do him in.

Barristan Selmy will die a noble death

Melisandre will die an agonizing painful death

These are kinda more my wishes than my predicitons...but im sticking to em.

Actually, the characters I'm most intrigued in their survival are Littlefinger and Varys.

I don't think either is going to die anytime soon, sadly.(I want Sansa to end pedofinger so bad!)

They will probably be the last surviving people in Westeros, sitting in the throne room and chuckling about how they are the only people who know how to play the game of thrones...urgh

You guys are looking at this in the wrong way. It's not because there are many POV's left that he will therefore kill most of them. I'm sure he'll kill off a bunch, but he can also just 'end' their POV in a conclusive fashion. It's not like any character GRRM introduces has died the moment we stopped hearing about them.

Tyrion Lannister - Alive

Jon Snow - Alive

Arya Stark - Alive

Sansa Stark - Alive

Bran Stark - Dead

Davos Seaworth - Alive

Theon Greyjoy - Dead

Asha Greyjoy - Alive

Brienne of Tarth - Dead

Samwell Tarly - Alive

Cersei Lannister - Alive

Jaime Lannister - Alive

Daenerys Targaryen - Alive

Areo Hotah - Alive

Arienne Martell - Alive

Jon Connington - Dead

Aeron Greyjoy - Dead

Victarion Greyjoy - Alive

Barristan Selmy - Alive

Melisandre- Dead

Jon Snow- Will die in the last book

Tyrion-will live as the Lord of Casterly Rock

Arya- GRRM confirmed that she will live

Sansa-surely gonna die because her direwolf died long ago

Bran- Will live, rebuild the wall and Winterfell .

Davos-NOt sure about him.

Theon- certainly gonna die

Asha- will live

Brienne- is dead already(that's what I think, UnBrienne)

Cersei and Jamie-Both of them are going to die.

Danerys- Die in the last book

Aereo Hotah-No danger to his life , will live.

Arrianne- probably live since we need a POV for Aegon's story

Connington-will die

Aeron- will die

Victorian- dead in TWOW

Barristan- will live till westeros

Melly- Dead

Archived