The Winds of Winter is Going to be a BLOODBATH

Cincinnatus

I hope that Barristan Selmy dies. Not that i don't like the character, i just think that GRRM should give him a honorable death, dying protecting Dany from the iron born and the yankai.

I know Ser Barristan stated he wanted to die in service to his real King/Queen, but I always had a feeling (and thought it fitting ) that perhaps he would live to the conclusion of the series to mark the end of “an era” and see a new one being born.

The only characters' fates I've been convinced of from AGOT on are these-

Jon Snow- lives

Arya Stark- lives

Sansa Stark- has been a dead girl walking for 5 books now. I think GRRM is having a hard time figuring out how to make her death fit into the story the best way.

Why? Sansa's storyline has not been much different from Arya's: they are both all about surviving, about learning new identities and new skillsets. If you think Sansa is dead girl walking, so should Arya be with that logic?

I believe all Stark children will live, plus Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister. Everyone else and his/her aunt are at risk to be offed, I think. "Winds of Winter" was supposed to be called "A Time for Wolves" originally, so it sort of fits that the Starks will get their just revenge at some part and have their resurrection to power.

I'm actually of the opinion that Sansa Stark is one of the more likely suspects to survive the entire series (along with Bran, albeit, in the form much like Bloodraven is now).

I'm nowhere near as confident about Arya or Tyrion (but if they die, it will be in the last book).

As for Jon 'Snow' and Daenerys Targaryen, I feel they are at serious risk of dying in the last book but only then. I'm actually pretty confident that the latter will die giving birth to the former's child, thereby completing Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy. And Jon, well, I'd put it at 50/50 at this point.

In the near term, among the POVs, I'm leaning heavily towards Jaime and Cersei dying in the next book, Aeron and Victarion as well, and maybe Brienne and Barristan also (either way, I think their POVs will be done, whether they survive or not).

Arya and Sansa are the only two characters in the series who's lives I'd bet on. I think it's a tough sell to kill and eleven-year-old girl who's endeared herself to the majority of the readership. Plus, at this point in the series, Arya's got one of the more impressive skill sets for survival. She proven she can warg, make companions, overcome significant grief, thrive in a foreign environment, plus she's getting some serious assassin training.

Sansa's got a major role to play. While I've always enjoyed her POVs, I've always been a little confused as to her placement in the series (Her location always overlapped with Arya or Ned or Tyrion) until Crows. There's a good chance she'll become the new Littlefinger, and as we all know, that guy is untouchable.

To be honest I can't see GRRM killing any of the Stark children or Jon Snow. He said he had enough trouble killing Robb Stark in ASOS. So we know the Stark's will most likely survive. Tyrion Lannister is his favorite character so he'll most likely survive.

Everyone else is pretty much up in the air.

Barristan Selmy won't survive Essos. I can't see him surviving the next battle. He had trouble on the Trident 15 years ago. Imagine now when he's much weaker. And I think he lived his plot to be honest. This battle is going to be much larger and longer.

Jon Connington. Well obviously he has a disease and the next two books will most likely take longer than 2 years so he's as good as dead with the greyscale disease even if he manages to survive the war.

Arianne Martell- I can actually see her surviving the entire series. GRRM stated he doesn't like killing off characters. And she only started her POV's in the fourth book.

Areo Hotah- He'll die. He was only really there to see what Doran Martell was saying during all the interesting conversations. I can foresee him dieing in a fight to UnGregor or Ser Meryn Trant.

Cersei Lannister- I couldn't stand reading Cersei POV's. I feel like I'm in the mind of a sadistic irrational human being, who annoy's the hell out of me when I read her. ( Her crying to a guard saying that Ser Bronn is a threat). I know right now Martin will have her survive the trial. I can actually see her surviving book 6, not sure about book seven. It's really a 50/50 chance on this one but in the end I can forsee a Tyrion Lannister, Tywin circumstance, only instead of Tyrion it's Tommen or Margaery.

Jaime Lannister- is probably alive and well. Another 50/50 chance by the end of book seven. He'll survive book six. I know he's not dead now. Or else why the hell would GRRM but so much emphasis on the training with Ser Illyn Payne and that crazy dream he had with Brienne.

Brienne- No clue what happens with her another 50/50. She only started POV's in book four and none in book five, so I could see her surviving or dying depending on how many POV's GRRM put's into her.

Daenery's Targaryen- I don't think she has a chance of surviving. Her coming with her three dragon's to rescue the Seven Kingdom's from the Others. No way. This isn't Walt Disney.

Aeron Damphair- He's not a very important character. But he hasn't had many POV's, so I can see GRRM having him survive. He'll probably be the only brother who survives until the end of the series.

Victarion Greyjoy- He's pretty much being used as a pawn. In chess Pawn's are the first to die. So he's most likely going to die before the end of book seven.

Asha Greyjoy- She seems to be the only peaceful Greyjoy. She'll probably survive based on that and take over the iron islands.

Theon Greyjoy- He has too many enemies to not die in the sixth book and he's half broken.

Wow, I didn't realize how many Greyjoy POV's there were.

Davos will survive because he will bring Rickon back. I agree that Rickon will end up being an important character by the end of the series - possibly the only remaining Stark (but I hope not, I really want the others to survive)

I also don't think Selmy will be killed off. He is the only one who can guide Dany through the political intrigues once she gets back to Westeros.

Who knows....I have already been surprised and somewhat sickened by deaths I did not anticipate ...but please kill off the Boltons and Freys GRRM!!!!

My prediction is that mostly everyone will die and that Arya and Gendry will marry and rule Westeros. Gendry will be recognized as Robert's heir and marry Arya which is what Robert and Ned orignally wanted. You will have 2 popular rules who will know what it is like to live in fear as peasants.

Tyrion Lannister- One of the greatest characters in the book, but he had a good build up, so, He could die. I hope he finds Trisha before.

Jon Snow- Still growing character, If he dies half of the forum will die with him , as a Dead jon doesnot quite make a Targ Jon... He already is in the Night's Watch, so He has no claim, if he dies he can't even become the Azhor Ahai or sort of... and Yet he could die as well, Bran can fight the war in the north with his warg abillity.

Arya Stark- Don't think she'll die so far away from home.. she can die at the end, before peace... she could not handle peace now she is a assassin, and will not bent to a Lord .

Sansa Stark- From all the Starks she was the most dispensable... and Yet, now under the tutorship of Littlefinger she is becoming a great player in the game of thrones.. It would suck if she died before she growns some more.. I would enjoy if she Killed Littlefinger in the process... but as Cersei said once "In the game of thrones, you win or you die, there are no middle grounds" I can't see Sansa in the Throne, so she might be killed before that.

Bran Stark- I don't like his chapters very much.. and yet he is the only POV in the "Magical world beyond the wall" storywise would be bad if he died... he could survive even as Summer just to tell all about the others and children of the forest.

Davos Seaworth- I think he outlived his use... I guess he could just had died when they first told us that he was dead... but having his life spared show us that "The north still remmebers" both Starks and the Red wedding, after he does his biding for Stannis he may die peacefully.

Theon Greyjoy- I think that he lived too much, but I kinda understand, bring him back as Theon George wants us to like him a bit before killing him, so that we will be sorrow then..

Asha Greyjoy- Never liked her much... she didn't stick as queen, so she isn't important to the plot, and she was not planning on become the queen of westeros also.

Brienne of Tarth- Horrible chapters, they made me dromzzy, she may be a zumbi now? Or whatever..

Samwell Tarly- I like sam, and it's funny how he is being conected to all characters around the book, I doubt that he dies either way, no one sees him as a threat , he has no claims, he is not playing the game of thrones, so he might live in any outcome.

Cersei Lannister- Now that she is broken she might die as well. But I guess that Kravan's Death will awake her once more... The Tyrells grow to powerfull in the kingdom, so they might kill her in the and.. and there is the Dorn plot as well.

Jaime Lannister- He is growing in dephts in the lasts books, but he can 't still be a warrior... if he doesnot overcome the lost of his hand he might die as well, as Jaime can't live without a sword.

Daenerys Targaryen- IF she dies it will be in the very last book, she is the mother of the Dragons, she'll have her plot in the game of thrones AND against the others..

Areo Hotah- Die already please.

Arienne Martell- Dorne is being realy carefull so that Dornish man don't die in the Game of thrones... and yet she is impulsive, and might be the reason that KL discovers about the Dorne's plot... Dorne can help the Targeryans to win their throne, so they don't need this princess

Jon Connington- Everybody will be targeting him.. wont last

Aeron Greyjoy- a priest... so can die or not

Victarion Greyjoy- Don't have enough wits to endure... he will last some time with the help of the red priest, but surely die;

Barristan Selmy- I realy like him, but i guess he will die, I hope that in a heroic way, but with the return of Daenerys he can just come back to be a regular character and not a POV

Melisandre- She is playing the game of thrones, and has a major role in the war against the others, she has a legion of men that will die, and kill for her... if she dies it will be in the end.

(12 characters that might die in bold)

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark either in this or next book, she appears in the dream where Ghost of the high heart spoke about Arya's grief

Bran Stark survives but will cease being a POV

Davos Seaworth - eventually dies but will autlive Stannis

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen - will die in the last book

Areo Hotah

Arienne Martell

Jon Connington

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre

Hopefully Winds of Winter is awesome. It needs to be twice as awesome now that Dance with Dragons sucked and all the best parts of that book were pushed forward.

By the way, whoever was the editor who decided to cut out the big action climax of Dance in order to save page numbers needs to be fired. I will punch that man in the face if I ever meet him.

I'm terrible at predictions. So your best bet for figuring out Martin's plans are to take all of my guesses and go in the opposite direction.

Tyrion Lannister

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Sansa Stark

Bran Stark

Davos Seaworth

Theon Greyjoy: For his sake, for our sake, for the sake of the other characters, he should die sometime soon.

Asha Greyjoy

Brienne of Tarth: Too good. Must die.

Samwell Tarly

Cersei Lannister: Probably not until the last book, actually. But the prophecy said she's gotta go.

Jaime Lannister: Likely will follow.

Daenerys Targaryen

Areo Hotah: Just for the sake of removing the minor POVs.

Arianne Martell

Jon Connington: He might actually make it to the end of the series, but not for much longer after.

Aeron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy: Just guessing. I suspect he'll meet a dragon, Quentyn Martell-style.

Barristan Selmy

Melisandre: Gods I hope so.

Those are my best guesses. The rest are up in the air as far as I'm concerned :dunno:

My personal opinion is that Rickon will be the last epilogue character

I think Rickon will end up as the King of North. Snow will either die or remain the leader of NW. Bran will probably end up above the wall for the rest of his life. (becoming a tree, greenseer or whatever he is trying to do now.)

Idk about Arya or Sansa.

I think Rickon will end up as the King of North. Snow will either die or remain the leader of NW. Bran will probably end up above the wall for the rest of his life. (becoming a tree, greenseer or whatever he is trying to do now.)

Idk about Arya or Sansa.

I agree. I want to add something intelligent, but what you said about covers it.

I'm going to make a bold prediction which is 3 parts wishful thinking, 1 part reasoned, and probably wholly wrong:

Jaime will survive the books, and Tyrion will die a self-sacrificing death.

There... I said it, and I'll stand by it.

Tyrion Lannister -- dead, consequence of kinslaying

Jon Snow -- dead, consequence of saving the world

Arya Stark -- alive

Sansa Stark -- alive

Bran Stark -- alive but part of the landscape

Davos Seaworth -- alive

Theon Greyjoy -- dead, what else can he do?

Asha Greyjoy -- alive

Brienne of Tarth -- alive

Samwell Tarly -- alive

Cersei Lannister -- dead

Jaime Lannister -- dead because his fate is tied to Cersei's

Daenerys Targaryen -- damned if I know

Areo Hotah -- alive, but, who cares? I don't think he'll have another POV chapter

Arienne Martell -- alive

Jon Connington -- dead

Aeron Greyjoy -- alive

Victarion Greyjoy -- dead (dragon snack!)

Barristan Selmy -- dead, going out in a blaze of King's Guard glory

Melisandre -- dead, the sooner the better

Tyrion Lannister , i think he should at least live till the last book

Jon Snow, might be dead already. If he isn't then he might last until the end.

Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark : i think they all will live

Davos Seaworth, good guy but i think he'll die at some point. Maybe in his mission to get Rickon back to the North

Theon Greyjoy, will die. Remembering his name. Maybe Bran says it through the tree when (if) Stannis chops his head off.

Asha Greyjoy : lives

Brienne of Tarth: dies without having accomplished anything, besides maybe having saved Pod from the hanging.

Samwell Tarly : lives, does heroic stuff when the ironborn invade but still considers himself a craven.

Cersei Lannister : Robert Strong wins her trial, but she dies anyway. Maybe will find out now who the velonquar is.

Jaime Lannister: Is killed by Lady Stoneheart and friends. Even with Pod throwing stones at them.

Daenerys Targaryen : Since fire can't kill her, i hope that ice will. But i guess she'll live, but realising she needs to get to Westeros and leave Mereen behind

Areo Hotah: Dies (Balon Swann, i'm counting on you!)

Arienne Martell : lives

Jon Connington : dies of greyscale maybe after seeing Aegon on the throne, but probably not.

Aeron Greyjoy : Maybe Euron can drown him and reunite him with his god after Aeron tries to overthrow Euron, together with The Reader.

Victarion Greyjoy : Dies, his death somehow related with the dragon horn.

Barristan Selmy : dies heroically as a night during the war in Mereen, wishing he had died in Westeros defending a proper king instead.

Melisandre: I think she'll be burned by followers of the seven. Please let them burn Selyse and her men too while they're at it.

I think i killed about half of them now

Archived