What piece of history gets you the most excited?

Angel_gon

The Doom of Valyria, I guess just Valyria in general.

Yes. Anything and everything Valyria is very interesting to me - probably because we've gotten so little information. I want to know more about the war with Ghis, the dead Valyrian religion (which I suspect may have spawned the Red Faith of R'hllor), Valyrian sorcery, and whatever was behind the decision to expand no further west than Dragonstone.

Of course, I'd also love to know more about the Doom, which would, mayhaps, give us bonus info on the Faceless Men, as well. And Firewyrms and the Fourteen Fires, while I'm at it.

And then there is Aegon. I would love to know more about the Conquest: how did the Westerosi initially see the Targs, and their dragons? How did Aegon keep his new-made vassals in line as he Kingdom-hopped around Westeros? What kind of a man was he? What kind of king?

And for anyone reading who may actually know the answer to this question: what was the official end of the War of Conquest? Did Torrhen's submission mark the end of all hostilities, or did Aegon make any moves against Dorne before deciding to leave them be?

Ancient Past / Myth

The magical event that threw the seasons out of their natural rhythmn

The Children of the Forest and the Giants

The Long Night

The Building of the Wall

The civilisation on The Rhoyne (Ny Sar, The Festival City, Nymeria)

More recent

The Doom of Valyria

What happened at Hardhome

The Children of the Forest on The Isle of Faces (Howland Reed visited them less than 20 years ago)

The Maesters and The Citadel

Summerhall

Archived