Why do people hate Euron despite his small appearence so far?

Raven King

Euron has only been in a few chapters of one book, but it seems like everybody has him on their death wish list. The guy hasn't done much evil so far, and you have to admit he's an interesting and charismatic man. Plus, he has BIG plans, plans that involve epic conquest. Why wish him dead? Is it because of his former abuse of Aeron?

We read about him in a negative light through his familys PoV, He was probably responsible for killing his brother, jumped the queue in the order of succession, slept with his brothers wife and all the other stuff mentioned.

He dose have some good qualities such as being a good commander, but the way Iron born command dose not endear them to most readers.

Probably murdered his brother for the crown. Drowned Lord Botley. Possibly consigned his own man to death when blowing the hellhorn. Presided over the humiliation and (at least one) rape of the women on whichever Shield island in Feast (and that was just among the lord's family). Wants to conquer Westeros, seemingly just to gorge himself on its corpse.

Also, this one is not as bad as the others, but it is still grade-A douchebag behavior: slept with his other brother's wife, and laughed in his face about it. Please note that his does not absolve Victarion of her murder.

Add all this to keeping his other brother Aeron up all night with that damned hinge, and - Yes! He deserves to die, and I hope he burns in all Seven Hells. That being said, I don't want him to die yet; he's too interesting.

Hmm, let's see: He screwed his brother's wife, and told him about it, he had his other brother killed, he comes back from a (deserved) exile as a slaver addicted to drugs, only to goad people into another war, decides to have Asha raped to teach her manners, decides he wants a dragon queen kidnapped to serve as trophy wife, but hasn't the balls to go himself first, and he most probably also raped Aeron when he was young.

A sterling piece of humanity.

Where do you want me to start? Kinslaying, sleeping with his brother's wife, probably molesting Aeron, cutting people's tongues out, slaving, drowning innocent people, butting in on Asha and Theon's rightful claim to the Seastone Chair, having peons blow his hellhorn for him, and yes, attempting to marry Dany and steal her dragons.

Other than that, complete peach.

Okay, Okay!!! I now see that you all have some valid points. Still, his actions seem relatively normal compared to people like Ramsay and Joffrey

Joffrey's a kitten next to him. Ramsay's probably more of a sociopath but still, his worst impulses are relatively contained.

Also, saying, "Well he's not as bad as Joffrey and Ramsay!" is not much of a compliment. :P

Hmm, let's see: He screwed his brother's wife, and told him about it, he had his other brother killed, he comes back from a (deserved) exile as a slaver addicted to drugs, only to goad people into another war, decides to have Asha raped to teach her manners, decides he wants a dragon queen kidnapped to serve as trophy wife, but hasn't the balls to go himself first, and he most probably also raped Aeron when he was young.

A sterling piece of humanity.

I just reread Feast and for the life of me I can't remember these things. I recall that he was going to marry Asha off but rape? And didn't he send Victarion to treat for Dany's hand? I don't recall him ever sending him to kidnap her.

Asha should be on the seastone chair (nobody is gonna follow Theon now) with her uncle Victarion as deputy.

Euron is scum but a really intresting character - although I hope Victarion kills him!

nah Theon is the only one that can challenge the Kignsmoot so everybody who hates Euron will flock to him, his sister wont mind since hes cockless and her and her line will inherit the throne.

Archived