Which character are you slightly ashamed to like?

Jamie Lannister

We all have one.

For me, Roose Bolton. Yeah, he's a callous, subtle rapist who inflicted Ramsay upon the world, and felt the need to cruelly snark at Robb while dishing out the killing blow, but... well. I can't help but like him. He's the only man aside from Stannis with the balls to talk complete shit to Ramsay "Don't Call Me Snow" Bolton; and furthermore, to his face. I love witnessing his interactions with pretty much anyone. I love his cold yet resigned outlook on life. And I hold out hope that he'll go down in a blaze of glory... or do the unexpected, and off his bastard for what happened to perhaps the only person he's ever truly cared for: Domeric. There's no way Roose will prevail at this point, but still.

So, yeah. Roose Bolton is a winner. Who's yours? :cool4:

Jaime. I know he's done horrible things but I just love his wit so much and he's done some badass stuff like the whole saving Brienne from the bear thing. My non-reader friends think I'm crazy when I say he's one of my favourite characters. Especially after last week's episode.

Cercei has done so many despicable things and literally created her own doom by her idiotic actions regarding the Faith and Margaery, but I still can't help feeling sympathetic to her and being saddened by her "walk of shame," and hoping she will get REVENGE IN FIRE AND BLOOD on those who made it happen. Which is a little goofy since she made it happen as much/more as anyone else.

Tyrion. He does some really naughty stuff - whoring and boozing and sending singers to be made into brown gravy...

On the other hand, he is smart, witty, resourceful, and will protect the defenseless.

Petyr Baelish.

I absolutely love reading about the man, and he's definitely one of my favorite characters. As much as I loathe some of his choices/methods and his creepy treatment of Sansa, I can't help but kind of admire his rags-to-riches story and his intelligence at the same time. That doesn't mean I'm not hoping Sansa or Lady Stoneheart pushes him out of the moon door or something along those lines eventually (because I totally am)... but I do hope he makes it to the last book and goes out in a big way. Though I'm not sure the books would be as fun for me without him pulling the strings and making wisecracks. He's just a fantastic character, in my opinion.

Tywin, for his no-bullshit taking when it comes to his House (Reynes of Castamere)

Jaime, lots of bad shit, but his wierd kind of morality makes me like him

Roose Bolton, still wanna see the guy flayed by Ramsay though

Tywin, Roose Bolton and - ok, I'm ashamed - Ramsay Snow. Ramsay is - as said Stannis the Stern, Ramsay is an epic bastard, and chapeau bas, mr GRRM. To create such creature- it's mastery...

Jamie absolutely. Book 3 just made me fall in love with him, his weird morality, being the only one in his family who loves Tyrion, going back to help Brienne fight a motherfucking BEAR even though he only has one hand, his wit, I don't know. I love the guy, he's my favorite character.

Whenever I tell people they're like "Seriously? Dude pushed a little kid out the window." I know, but I still love the guy. And honestly, what other option did he have?

Jaime Lannister -- his POVs made AFFC tolerable for me. Sorry Tyrion, Jaime has totally taken over as the smart and funny Lannister, and he did so without getting drunk or whoring. In fact, even though he's very angry with Cersei, he hasn't been unfaithful, and I give him points for that. I do not, however, think he's redeemed -- he'll still do anything for the Lannisters, and now that he's started thinking before he acts he's much more dangerous. He's just more entertaining.

Jaime Lannister -- his POVs made AFFC tolerable for me. Sorry Tyrion, Jaime has totally taken over as the smart and funny Lannister, and he did so without getting drunk or whoring. In fact, even though he's very angry with Cersei, he hasn't been unfaithful, and I give him points for that. I do not, however, think he's redeemed -- he'll still do anything for the Lannisters, and now that he's started thinking before he acts he's much more dangerous. He's just more entertaining.

I totally agree with that, even though I still like Tyrion.

Jaime=the best Lannister.

Dany. Loved her in the first book, not ashamed. But she's getting on my nerves right now. I'm hoping she's just having a teenage "phase" or something, and once she hits 17/18 she'll grow up.

Eh, I am not really ashamed of liking anyone, they are all fictional characters in the end ... but for the sake of this thread:

Jaime, child-defenestrating incest-y bastard. Funny and loves Brienne and not a single one of his chapters is boring.

Littlefinger, so clever.

Cersei, I know she is completely potty and does despicable things and still thinks she is the cleverset person ever, but I like her.

Tristifer Botley. No idea why, but I really love his character. :leaving:

Archived