Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claustrophobic Jurble

Oberyn poisoned Tywin

403 posts in this topic

*Wild applause*

Oh, I love Oberyn. Curse you Mountain! :frown5:

Seems pretty likely.

I miss Oberyn. What a cool character. If he only had a visor.

Never even crossed my mind, but I am now a believer.

Although I remember thinking "that's odd" when Tyrion found Tywin in the privy. And "He found his father where he knew he’d find him"?

Awesome. Didn't even suspect it. I'm a believer now as well. I was always glad that Tyrion killed Tywin. But, now I'm not. It would've been an awesome scene seeing Tywin exploding because of his own shit!

There's also one more evidence. Pycell said that he had prepared the corpse, but it still stank and Cersei thought how useless Pycell is. That can suggest that there's something wrong with the corpse.

This is suprisingly plausible. Hadn't considered that possibility before. This migt still be wrong, of course. Still, as Winter's Knight wrote, the mind is blown.

Very plausible, I like this theory

Smal Question: Is Tyrion still a kinslayer if we consider Tywin already death, if he was poisen he would die anyway

I am convinced and always wondered the reason for such a "cursed" decay.

Nice attention to detail. Well the part where Tywin and Oberyn breaking bread.

Tyrion is still a kinslayer, Tywin wass very much alive and probrably only starting to succumb the poison's effect hence the area they were at.

Wow, I wouldn't guess the Red Viper was such a prankster.

And Tyrion unwittingly gave him such a perfect cover after the fact. When a man is found with a crossbow bolt in his stomach, the cause of death is kinda obvious, and who would stop to think of poison?

OK, and now let's play devil's advocate here. Do we know how much time elapsed since Tywin's death to his funeral? Maybe his decomposition wasn't that unnaturally quick.

I'm sold on this theory. I assumed Tyrion knew where to find his father because it appeared Tywin and Shae just had sex. Besides, Tywin couldn't be anywhere else at the time

Explains a lot of loose ends, especially the rotting corspe. Did Varys conspire with Oberyn? Varys involvement would help explain the proximity/availability of the crossbow and the likelihood of Tyrion finding Tywin indisposed.

Tyrion is still a kinslayer, Tywin wass very much alive and probrably only starting to succumb the poison's effect hence the area they were at.

That would also destroy my theory that Oberyn won against Gregor in the trail because his first strike was already deadly

Explains a lot of loose ends, especially the rotting corspe. Did Varys conspire with Oberyn? Varys involvement would help explain the proximity/availability of the crossbow and the likelihood of Tyrion finding Tywin indisposed.

Why would Oberyn conspire with Varys? They both share a common goal of sorts but there's no reason for them to trust each other. Besides, Oberyn seemed to have everything under control working alone.

Wow. I came on this thread prepared to go 'huh?!' and dismiss the theory. But you have me convinced. Wow, such a good feeling, to have your eyes opened to another bit of authorial cleverness and plot weaving - thank you, OP!

my brain just exploded by the epicness of this :bowdown:

All the pieces fit. Let's assume that this is true. Does GRRM sit patiently waiting for someone to discover it? And how tough must it be to not be tempted to disclose it yourself? I wonder if he would ever confirm any of these theories when it doesn't affect the future plot of a particular storyline.

Good work by the original poster.

Very nice theory. I always thought Tywin seemed rather untouched by Oberyn's fury...it would be quite amusing to the Martells if Tywin Lannister died from his own bowels exploding. He was too full of his own shit, literally :)

All the pieces fit. Let's assume that this is true. Does GRRM sit patiently waiting for someone to discover it? And how tough must it be to not be tempted to disclose it yourself?

Or the flipside, does he read a theory and go "Wow, that was a complete accident but it makes total sense!" sometimes?