Darkstar

I think he still has some part to play. Why does he want to force the Martell's into a war so badly? Why is he the most dangerous man according to Doran Martell? I just think there is more to him than we have seen and its not like GRRM to waste a character like this.

What Lady Hodor said.

The Daynes family moto is "Fear my One-Liners". Semi-canon sources indicate that the Sword of the Morning Glory was a master punster and constantly spewed cliched one-liners. Ashara, too, had the same inclination.

Darkstar is merely carrying on a family tradition. He's quite the tragic character, really. :crying: :crying:

Edit:

It's at Starfall. Ned gave it to Ashara. One has to earn that SotM title to wield Dawn, and only Daynes can be the SotM, obviously. I am wondering if Daynes of High Hermitage are eligible, or if they are the "Karstarks" to the Starfall "Starks."

I wonder if that's what got Darkstar pissing his pants all the time. The fact that he can't live up to the name of Ser Arthur Dayne and wield Dawn...unless he steals it in which case he'd be even more of a douche.

I wonder if Edric Dayne is back in Dorne now after his stint with the BwB. He left when Beric died (for real), right? I wonder what he thinks of Darkstar.

Ahh, thanks, I don't know why I thought he had it. I think since he presumed to call himself Sword of the Night he had the Sword of the Morning's sword...I dunno why.

Perhaps he calls himself 'Sword of the Night' because he can't be 'The Sword in the Morning' even though he thinks he's earned the title and Dawn.

I think Darkstar is great. I certainly found him very intriguing. There seems to be much we don't know about him, and the Dayne's are awesome. Really looking forward to more of him. And I think he may be like the Karstsrks to the Starks or the Blackfish to the Tully's. Wonder if he will ever wield Dawn.

Darkstar POV in TWOW GRRM!

Related: I think Eric dayne may have a role to play, although he's young as hell, unfortunately once again.

So it was Darkstar who betrayed Arianne?

I think it was heavily hinted it was, but it's not confirmed.

I always thought that Darkstar was Prince Doran's inside man on some sort of plot against the Iron Throne.

I actually think that Darkstar was Doran's man, and his assault on Myrcella was a way for Doran to get his daughter and the Sand Snakes in line with his plans.

I also think he was very interesting and would like to see more of him.

I agree. Since crowning Myrcella was not in his plans, I think Doran had to have her "removed" so that his family could go in the direction of his grand scheme to restore the Targaryens to the throne.

For all we know, Doran could be setting a trap for Swann. Once Swann and Obara reach a certain location, Obara cuts him down. Obara and Darkstar could easily overtake Balon Swann, especially in a surprise attack.

Even if they killed Balon, or even Myrcella herself, King's Landing is no longer in the position to exact Royal Authority on anyone, much less Dorne.

Just the name "Darkstar" is cool. His line was kinda cheesy, though ("of the night" please, you're not a vampire). I'm almost hoping that he gets busted and maybe is sent to the Wall. I didn't consider that maybe Darkstar himself was the "one that told. Some one always tells". It makes Doran look much more cunning. I like it.

For all we know, Doran could be setting a trap for Swann. Once Swann and Obara reach a certain location, Obara cuts him down. Obara and Darkstar could easily overtake Balon Swann, especially in a surprise attack.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. In ADwD, Obara had suggested to Prince Doran that she should kill Swann and Doran told her not to...yet. Obara is to find Darkstar and together, they could cut down Swann, a member of the Kingsguard and a reputed swordsman.

• 2 months later...

I feel like Darkstar's role will get bigger in the upcoming books. Since we know his cousin, the sword of the morning was 100% loyal to the Targaryen cause, I like the theory that Darkstar knows an important deal concerning their past, present, and future (Targaryens).

Archived