Joe Abercrombie - Thanks ! [Book Spoilers]

Prince Aegon VI

I know he occasionally posts on here, maybe even lurks from time to time. If he reads this post then good. If not then still good. Just felt I had to comment on The First Law trilogy, having in the last hour finished the 3rd and last book. Brilliant !!

After finishing Dance I was hopeful, maybe not expectant, that I would find something else almost as good. Well this may seem sacrilegious on a GRRM forum but I'd say it was more than "almost" as good. Without doubt up there with one of the best series I've read. Sand Dan Glokta, Logan Ninefingers et al. Fantastic characters. Was worried for a moment when Pike had his knife to Glokta's throat. Thankfully, Sand live to hobble another day. Epic stuff till the end.

Just started the first of the three stand-alones. Joe has set high standards. I have little doubt he will maintain them as I continue to enjoy his superb Circle of the World stories.

Thanks again Joe !

No!

If you compliment him anymore, his already inflated ego will cause Britain to sink beneath the waves!

Your only recourse is to fill posts with vitriol about his female characters. That's the only way that Britain can be saved.

I literally just bought The Blade Itself today at Barnes & Noble. Oddly, the thing that jogged my memory to finally pick it up came from walking through the aisle and seeing a China Mieville book, which made me think of the Engineers from Prometheus, which made me think of Abercrombie, and thus fueled by decision to finally get around to reading The First Law. I intend on cracking it open tonight.

I at least like the cover, anyway.

Hmm. Looks like Joe is a figure of some debate on here. Shocking. Think some of you need a spell in the House of Questions.

There "may" have been some sarcasm in my post.

Maybe. :)

ps. I am not Joe.

The plot.

It thickens.

I heard Joe is actually a giant space alien shaped like a penis that wants to impregnate us all with his alien seed.

Wait thats Bakker.

Sorry, got Prometheus and Alien on the brain :P

You don't have to be coy here in Other Lit. Some people... don't even rate GRRM in their top three authors! :o

Just by post count i must assume Bakker, Rothfuss, and Goodkind are the top three.

Archived