Vote : Who will rule westeros?

Who would I prefer to sit the Iron Throne in the end? Stannis.

What do I think GRRM will actually do? Well the whole story cycle starts with Robert's Rebellion so I think it would be poetic and bittersweet if the last line of the last book was:

"Jaime wearily sat down on the Iron Throne, and wondered who would show up to claim it"

What do I think GRRM will actually do? Well the whole story cycle starts with Robert's Rebellion so I think it would be poetic and bittersweet if the last line of the last book was:

"Jaime wearily sat down on the Iron Throne, and wondered who would show up to claim it"

Awesome, but this could happen on the next book so we would be left with a 8years cliffhanger instead of a forever cliffhanger.

The highborn will be overthrown the smallfolk for the smallfolk are tired fighting for their wars and suffering its effects and obeying their every whim. Do the smallfolk need the highborn, I don't think so, and in due time the smallfolk would realize that all these highborn families whether they be wolves, dragons, lions, stags or roses have done nothing for them and put their lives into constant danger and ruin. When the smallfolk realizes this, then the power of these lords, ladies, kings, and queens shall, end and the smallfolk will rule Westeros.

<----------- Wow that's pretty awesome.

I think the secret GRRM told Liam Cunningham is that Davos will end up as the Hand of the King by the end of the series. He mentioned this secret when he was asked if Davos would ever be blinded by power, so I think it must have to do with power.

The obvious choice of king who would name Davos his hand is Stannis. But it could be Jon as well, since the Onion Knight is in a mission to rescue Rickon Stark and I think it's very likely that he will meet Jon soon.

I think the secret GRRM told Liam Cunningham is that Davos will end up as the Hand of the King by the end of the series. He mentioned this secret when he was asked if Davos would ever be blinded by power, so I think it must have to do with power.

The obvious choice of king who would name Davos his hand is Stannis. But it could be Jon as well, since the Onion Knight is in a mission to rescue Rickon Stark and I think it's very likely that he will meet Jon soon.

Borderline self promotion, but Stannis's line doesn't end with Stannis: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98515-queen-shireen-and-the-shaggydog/ . Shireen might just as easily find a way to keep Davos on as Hand.

I think it will go back to before Aegons landing. The North Ruled by Jon Snow or perhaps Rickon Stark.

Dany on the other hand will be in Braavos in the house with the red door as that is what she has truly wanted all her life. I think one of the overall messages of the book is the end of the Targaryen dynasty.

Archived