Calling all Stannis champions!

E-Ro

Your king needs you! If you are are a fan of the one true king stannis baratheon and want to see him sit his rightful throne post here. Tell us why you love stannis, and why he is better then all other claiments. You can discuss how badass stannis is, celebrate his acheivments(witch are legion) and generally share your love of our good king. So stannis fans come out of the closet and declare your loyalty.

I declare my life and loyalty to Stannis Baratheon, the first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and biggest badass on either side of the Narrow Sea.

I will grind my teeth excessively to show my support for King Stannis.

Why Stannis is awesome...

-His tenacity is so damn inspiring, and it's sure as hell served him well (Storms End, and it will again when he kicks Roose Boltons ass in TWoW)

-BAMF (Blackwater, nuff said)

-One of the only people in Westeros who actually judges people on merit as opposed to birthright

-I'm sorry, I don't buy the "humorless" claims, I think the guy is hilarious ("I burnt wood", "weddings have become more perilous than battles", "I suspect you'll be the first crabbers son to wear the badge", everything he ever said ripping into Slynt, etc)

-Lets be real, Renly was kind of a douche

Nuff said

I'm more of a Jon/Bran guy, but Stannis is cool too. Am I in?

Yes, of course you are in Sully! There is room for all stannis fans, be they hardcore or a bit lighter in their support of him. Jon also helps stannis so you can like both of them.

:cheers:

Yes, of course you are in Sully! There is room for all stannis fans, be they hardcore or a bit lighter in their support of him. Jon also helps stannis so you can like both of them.

:cheers:

Then I also pledge my loyalty*** to Stannis I, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm.

***I reserve the right to change my loyalty if circumstances necessitate such a change. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, those relating to Jon's status at the beginning of Martin's next novel in the Song of Ice and Fire series, The Winds of Winter (will be released within the century).

I promise on my faith that I will be faithful at all costs to Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. I will never cause him harm, and will observe my homage to him against all persons, without deceit and in good faith.

I love Stannis too. He's my favorite up there with the Stark sisters, Davos, and Bronn.

But StannisBamfatheon's post made me curious. Who said that line? And Victorian is a fan favorite? :eek:

hahah that was sarcasm friend, Victarion is pretty universally despised so ya know, I was kinda saying the ASOIAF fandom should give Stannis a pat on the back for totally owning him.

And that line is from a Samwell POV in ASOS. It struck me as soon as I read it.

Has anyone else come to accept Stannis' actions in the Blackwater episode of the TV show (first off the boats, NOT WEARING A HELMET, then first up the ladder and forcefully punching shields out of his way and STILL NOT WEARING A HELMET) as actual canon...they never said anywhere that he DIDN'T do that. Tyrion THOUGHT he would lead from behind, but we don't actually KNOW.

Has anyone else come to accept Stannis' actions in the Blackwater episode of the TV show (first off the boats, NOT WEARING A HELMET, then first up the ladder and forcefully punching shields out of his way and STILL NOT WEARING A HELMET) as actual canon...they never said anywhere that he DIDN'T do that. Tyrion THOUGHT he would lead from behind, but we don't actually KNOW.

:bowdown: :bowdown: I like your thinking. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Even though, it is still unlikely and there probably is something somewhere that suggests he was in the back.

:bowdown: :bowdown: I like your thinking. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Even though, it is still unlikely and there probably is something somewhere that suggests he was in the back.

Fun fact guys, GRRM wrote that episode, meaning all the Stannis head chopping in half and first up the ladder, first on the beach stuff is totally legit. Also FYI i'm out of likes(for...some reason?) but just know all the stuff you guys are saying is great. Remember this is just like an appreciation thread let's keep it snark free, so far we've only had one intruder.

ETA: also the blackwater episode inspired my user name, and wasn't it totally heartbreaking for us loyal Stannis bannermen to watch his own men drag him away when the battle was lost?

Not sure if this requires spoiler tags as it's from the gift chapter. Figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

And that line is from a Samwell POV in ASOS. It struck me as soon as I read it.

That line struck me as well. That was the line that forced me to forever raise my banner for Stannis. Stannis could have easily continued his war in the south. He didn't go North because he had no other choice, he went North to protect his realm because it was his duty. That is a true king...whether people want to accept it or not! There is nothing more dangerous that a truly just man, because you cannot sway him with bribes, secrets, or power; and this is why Stannis is awesome.

oh lord I hope that's canon. That was hilariously awesome and obviously badass

Not sure if this requires spoiler tags as it's from the gift chapter. Figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Would that I could like that comment.... look at all those glorious Stannis wins. He's the dude!!

Archived