Purple wedding in Season 3 or Season 4?

Drowningfish2304

IMO S4 will be the Oberyn & Tyrion arc. Oberyn will be introduced at the beginning of the season. There will be a few episodes to build up to the wedding. And I actually think Oberyn's fight with the Mountain will be the climax of the E9 episode. Fallout from that in E10.

Agree about S4 being the Oberyn & Tyrion arc, but I think the PW will occur by episode 3 (more likely 1 or 2) with Oberyn's fight with the Mountain occurring by E7 at the latest, remember, we still need Tyrion on death row after that and he needs to off Tywin (E9 I would bet) and make his escape. I'm betting we'll see him land in Pentos in E10 of S4..

Agree about S4 being the Oberyn & Tyrion arc, but I think the PW will occur by episode 3 (more likely 1 or 2) with Oberyn's fight with the Mountain occurring by E7 at the latest, remember, we still need Tyrion on death row after that and he needs to off Tywin (E9 I would bet) and make his escape. I'm betting we'll see him land in Pentos in E10 of S4..

I think it is possible that Tywin's death could occur in E9 but I'd be very surprised if the PW is earlier than E3. Even then, I could see it later. Just introducing Oberyn will take one episode. And there is bound to be another episode just leading up to the wedding.

IIRC In the books, Oberyn dies and Tyrion is supposed to die the next day. I don't see them dragging that out. What would be the reason? He is condemned.

And I do think him killing Tywin in E10 is a perfect way to end that arc but not positive it will be done that way.

Season 4 will most definitely be stretched out, there's alot that has to happen around the tyrion/obyrne arc. Sansa in the eyrie, arya in the river lands and arriving in bravos. The battle on the wall, sams return and the bran meeting, the choosing, etc etc

There's alot to get through. And the more they cover, the more chance GRRM has to finish before they catch up, so don't wish away S4 so quickly because ALOT hinges on how they work the end of swords and start of crows/dragons into one story line.

Hmm, i think they'll string it along for longer than that, remembering while all this is happening the there's iron born to mix in, Jon at the wall, the lead up to and sack of mereen, Sam/gilly and cold hands, The battle of the wall, brienne and Jamie's return to KL, much and more.

I'd expect tywin to die/tyrion escape around ep 9, with the aftermath in ep ten as Dany sacks mereen and everything else fitting around them.

Uh, purple wedding? Gold wedding ? Can someone either direct me to another thread that gives me details, or someone inform me in this one. Fear not, I have read all the books. :) I've just never heard of the terms ... purple, gold wedding. I know what the red wedding is, but not the others.

Edit: Nevermind. I found a thread explaining all the wedding terms.

Yeah, theres plenty of material for season 4, they will not struggle to find stuff to add in. If GRRM's 2014 prediction for WoW is true, that would be the year of the 4th season. Then GRRM would have 3-5 more years, depending on whether they split aDwD and how long WoW is, to write DoS.

I think DoS will be released just before it's TV version hits our screens. D & D will obviously get the manuscript for it long before it comes out, so that they can cast. I'm guessing 10 seasons for GoT.

So WoW 2014/15:GoT season 4/5

DoS 2017/18:GoT season 7/8

George will pull it off. Just.

I have a feeling the Purple Wedding will be in season 3 you know

It's just there's so many little signs (the importance of the number '3' in the teaser poster, 3 swords, 3 number '3's, the fact that GRRM said "look forward to weddings this season!)

I don't think they're going to go through all of this and only have 2 weddings and 2 deaths of 2 kings.

I have a feeling the Purple Wedding will be in season 3 you know

It's just there's so many little signs (the importance of the number '3' in the teaser poster, 3 swords, 3 number '3's, the fact that GRRM said "look forward to weddings this season!)

I don't think they're going to go through all of this and only have 2 weddings and 2 deaths of 2 kings.

I posted this over at WiC, but it also applies as a response here:

"No way the Purple Wedding makes it into season three, nor should it. Season four will be the downfall of the Lannister family, with Joffrey and Tywin both dying, Jaime denying Cersei, and Tyrion on the run. I also don’t think D&D would waste the opportunity to expand the role of Oberyn Martell, since his character allows them to bring the Dornish characters into the story line in a way that feels organic and natural.

I also don’t think that D&D are foolish enough to discount the powerful endings that ASoS provides for each of the characters, by pushing too far forward into AFfC & ADwD territory. Sure, they won’t be adapting books as concisely as they have been, but that doesn’t mean they’ll leave ASoS behind in the middle of season four and end the season wherever they can get to with the remaining episodes. That’d just be bad writing/planning.

What’s more likely is that Joffrey will die early in season four, and Oberyn’s role will be beefed up. Not only because he’s one of the best characters in the series, but he’s also the perfect gateway to bringing Dorne into the fold. I expect we’ll also see the chronologically relevant material from the Iron Islands in this season, as well.

As for season three… I’m looking forward to pretty much all of it. Especially interested to see how they implement Riverrun, the Reed siblings, Stannis’ family, and Ramsay Snow (…never Snow…) into this season. Which is another thing some people seem to be forgetting about this season – there is a lot of material from ACoK we’ll be seeing this year. I think they made the right decision to push the introduction of these characters back, personally. The first two seasons were crowded enough as they were.

I guess my main hope for this coming season and the next is that they take their time and don’t rush through the quieter moments just to get to the big ones (as it seems a lot of people would prefer). The characters all go through a lot of changes in ASoS, and that’s always been my favorite thing about the book, so hopefully it plays out like this…

Season 3: ASoS up to the aftermath of the Red Wedding, with the characters and plots pushed back from ACoK.

Season 4: The remainder of ASoS, with the chronologically relevant material from Dorne and the Iron Islands in AFfC/ADwD. Ends roughly where the third book does, although it may extend a little beyond (i.e. Tyrion arrives in Pentos)."

Very much my thinking.

I'd be interested to see what happens when he does arrive in Pentos. Will the show call up the original actor? Illyrio is a huge player and has been all along I was sad to see the great Jon go and it would frustrate me if it happens again.

You'll have to wait until Season 5. Although I imagine we'd get a couple of episodes of exposition/explanation (and possibly even Varys) before he goes off to join Aegon and Jon Conn

It's just there's so many little signs (the importance of the number '3' in the teaser poster, 3 swords...

3 is highlighted because it is season 3. :) Not because they have to have 3 of everything.

I'd give it 50/50 that we see Tyrion make it to Pentos in the Season 4 finale.

I'd make it more like 25%. I doubt they will introduce a new location and bring back Illyrio just for the finale. And I think the end of aSoS is perfect as is.

3 is highlighted because it is season 3. :) Not because they have to have 3 of everything.

I'd make it more like 25%. I doubt they will introduce a new location and bring back Illyrio just for the finale. And I think the end of aSoS is perfect as is.

I agree. You might get that last conversation between Varys and Tyrion which he reflects on in ADWD.

I don't think Season 4 will see any of Pentos. I'm hoping that they end it with Tywins death, that season will need a great scene to end on (assuming UnCat is used to end season 3. Yes, I know it will take a while for her to become relevent again but it's needed to finnish the King in the North storyline with some hope. I'm hoping that Brienne + Jamie's storyline from aFfC is pushed up almost completely into Season 5 and end it with reintroducing UnCat). I can't think of any other scenes that could be used to end season 4, not many other awsome things happen at that point in the story. Lysa's death happens, but I hope they push back Sansa's story so that she has somthing to do later on.

Archived