What's your favourite moment from the book that isn't in the show?

They see me R'hollin

Oh, another thing I loved in the show that was not in the book:

"When I was twelve, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage, I made the bald man cry, into the turtle stew! Which I do believe my sister ate, at least I hope she did.

I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel…."

• 2 weeks later...

aww so many it will make me type an essay.

I was pissed the house of the undying scenes did the show up, the tv show messed it up for me

arya's escape from HH sorry that wasn't shown

lorch death was badass but never liked how the show did it.

Also hated how the messed up when renly was laughing at joffery for arya beating him, but don't like the show renly so not too pissed.

the halfhand and jon's plot can't believe that was messed up.

Hated how they killed the tickler messed it up for when arya and the hound meet up to me sigh he died better in the books

what i liked

cersei and robert's talk my word that was beautiful wish the book had that (cersei more likeable in tvseries no lie)

Tywin and Jamie's talk

Tywin and arya scene

Varys and Little finger speech about respecting each other no lie i liked it

cersei and tyrion scenes

i like shae as sansa's help it made me like her more

• 1 year later...

Favourite moment in the books is when Jon finds Ghost in ASOS, because it shows the strong bond between Jon and his wolf.

<<It was a long moment before he understood what was happening. When he did, he bolted to his feet "Ghost?" He turned toward the wood, and there he came, padding silently out of the green dusk, the breath coming warm and white from his open jaws. "Ghost!" he shouted, and the direwolf broke into a run. He was leaner than he had been, but bigger as well, and the only sound he made was the soft crunch of dead leaves beneath his paws. When he reached Jon, he leapt, and they wrestled amidst brown grass and long shadows as the stars came out above them. "Gods, wolf, where have you been?" Jon said when Ghost stopped worrying at his forearm. "I thought you'd died on me, like Robb and Ygritte and all the rest. I've had no sense of you, not since I climbed the Wall, not even in dreams". The direwolf had no answer, but he licked Jon's face with a tongue like a wet rasp, and his eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns.>>

It was not pictured the same in AGoT, in fact the wolves are not (till now) quite important in the show - that's a shame.

Favourite moments in the show are Tywin - Arya moments. I think that was a good idea, and both Charles Dance and Maisie Williams performances were great.

Book only: Jaime and Brienne "kingslayer" / "wench" exchanges. "you caught me chastising my wife", "Seems to me she was doing the chastising".

Show only: "Game of chairs" alas the small council meeting where Tywin is sittinmg on one end of the table and all the other try to get a good sitting position. LF darts in front of Varys and Pycelle to be the first on Tywin's left, Cersei moves a chair to Tywin's right, Tyrion drags his on the opposite side of the table.

Pretty certain it won't be in the show now Jaime's fucked off to Dawn.

The best line in the entire show due to the pure tragedy

''You must be blind as well as maimed, Ser. Lift your eyes, and you will see the direwolf still flies above our walls''

That whole conversation between Jaime and the Blackfish is probably my favorite moment of AFFC and one of my favorites of the entire series of books. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that D&D are going to totally skip that parley and Jaime's Riverlands arc entirely. And I'm gonna be super pissed because I can already tell the shit that they're going to makeup in Dorne is gonna be awful.

Joffrey shrugged. “Come and see me when you’re older, Stark. If you’re not too old.” There was laughter from the Lannister men.

Robb’s curses rang through the yard. Arya covered her mouth in shock. Theon Greyjoy seized Robb’s arm to keep him away from the prince. Ser Rodrik tugged at his whiskers in dismay.

Joffrey feigned a yawn and turned to his younger brother. “Come, Tommen,” he said. “The hour of play is done. Leave the children to their frolics.” That brought more laughter from the Lannisters, more curses from Robb. Ser Rodrik’s face was beet-red with fury under the white of his whiskers. Theon kept Robb locked in an iron grip until the princes and their party were safely away.

i also agree with you on Tywin. all the added Tywin scenes were awesome (him and jaime, him and arya for example)

Absolutely agree.

Having Arya being Tywin's cupbearer instead of Roose's and the Jaime-Tywin conversation in s1 were one of my favourite moments in the show.

I also loved Cersei's words to Marg

You ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep

In regards to favourite moments that they were not included in the tv series, mine are:

Sansa did not kneel at her wedding, just like Han shot first

As he moved behind her, Sansa felt a sharp tug on her skirt. He wants me to kneel, she realized, blushing. She was mortified. It was not supposed to be this way. She had dreamed of her wedding a thousand times, and always she had pictured how her betrothed would stand behind her tall and strong, sweep the cloak of his protection over her shoulders, and tenderly kiss her cheek as he leaned forward to fasten the clasp.

She felt another tug at her skirt, more insistent. I won’t. Why should I spare his feelings, when no one cares about mine?

Jaime telling Tyrion about Tysha-I cried while I was reading about that and especially the part where Tyrion wanted to say he was sorry

“She was no whore. I never bought her for you. That was a lie that Father commanded me to tell. Tysha was… she was what she seemed to be. A crofter’s daughter, chance met on the road.”

Tyrion watched him go, striding on his long strong legs, and part of him wanted to call out, to tell him that it wasn’t true, to beg for his forgiveness. But then he thought of Tysha, and he held his silence. He listened to the receding footsteps until he could hear them no longer, then waddled off to look for Varys.

Jaime yelling at Loras-basically any Jaime-Loras interaction in the books is wonderful

Jaime grabbed the boy with his good hand and yanked him around. “I am the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, you arrogant pup. Your commander, so long as you wear that white cloak. Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

And of course this

“Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei’s heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.

And I forgotted to add the dreams and visions, such as Ned's, Jaime's and Jon's dreams. I guess that my favourite moment from a vision is Dany encountering Aerys while he planned to burn KL.

And of course those Jaime moments

I only save maidens

Thapphireth

Moments from the show not in the books:

2. Cersei and Robert talking about Lyanna.

2. Theon and his "my real father died in King's Landing" speech.

3. Catelyn saying to Talisa, "sometimes I wonder if all this calamity has befallen my family because I couldn't love a motherless child."

Archived