Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

It's possible that Robb and Cat are at another Riverlands castle. They might have just used the set of Harrenhal and added corpses to it. We don't know for sure.

Or it could be that it IS Harrenhal that Robb captures, and he leaves Roose to hold it while he returns to Riverrun for Hoster's funeral.

That's almost exactly the trip Arya took. And yet Catelyn and Robb will make it there faster with an army following them. And unlike Arya who started a journey to Riverrun then was quickly kidnapped and went right to the Twins, Catelyn and Robb will stay at Riverrun for a funeral first.

Arya will try to go north towards Winterfell (Which she doesn't know about), but be taken by the BwB (in ep1) to the inn of the kneeling man or the cave. Then she'll be taken by the Hound to the twins.

It seems to me that the show is relying more and more on the actual Timeline of events as they happen, rather than as they appear in the books. (Unless it's cost-effective casting/production-wise, to bump characters like the Reeds, and Ramsey to other seasons.)

ASOS is one OMFG moment after another. But as each book is written, more events begin to overlap events in other books.

Arya's departure from KL and threatening Hot Pie with needle happened in ACOK, but was included in season 1 of GoT.

Cat allowing Jamie's escape with Brienne, Robb taking the Craig, Robb Wedding, Arya escaping Harrenhall all are from ASOS, but appeared in season 2.

As producers, they also need to keep certain actors contracted, which is why:

we're going to see Theon this season. I just hope Ian McElhinny comes back as Whitebeard/Selmy, and they don't lose him like they did Conan Stevens (The Mountain 1.0.) It would be in their best interest to have Asha somewhere in this season since she has a lot more to do going forward, and things on Pyke overlap events of ASOS.

I think we may see events in sequence (from other books) more than we expect going forward.

And while Cat's rescue by Nymeria/Arya, and her subsequent resurrection by Dondarrion would make an awesome finale for the season, so would Tyrion being accused of Joffrey's murder.

Production costs would lead me to think both will happen so neither Jack Gleeson or Richard Dormer would need to be contracted for season 4. And Gleeson has stated he has no desire to continue acting after this (he says now...) So they might have no choice other than have all three weddings this season.

I still think there's a TON of material left to make season 4 and going forward AMAZING.

Check out http://asoiaf.wester...lobal-timeline/ , which doesn't include events from ADWD, a lot of which also happens at the same time as AFFC.

Ramsay is played by Iwan Rheon.

Oh my bad. He's so creepy, that's perfect!

But back to my original msg, they can still hide news and faces, it isn't like they have to give us everything before it starts. Not saying I believe we're going to see any vipers this season, but it would be a nice surprise.

What are you talking about? Arya gets taken by the BwB and stays with them for basically the entire third season. She'll escape much, much later and then go to the Twins. Do people just like to make up petty complaints for the sake of complaining?

If you we're to assume that Catelyn and Robb's army went to Harrenhal then Riverrun then the Twins. They would surely meet up with the BWB on their way to Harrenhal. And while Robb and Cat have their own storyline happening in the same timeframe as Arya they will depart Riverrun and make for the Twins around the same period.

And like I mentioned before Robb's would be bringing his army along with him. Arya and the Hound will travel much faster and reach the Twins before Robb.

It wouldn't make sense. It would be petty writing, which I doubt D&D created.

Winterfell's dead would not be in that kind of shape, they'd be burnt to ashes. They're Northern prisoners strung up throughout Harenhal, which means they got there too late to save them, you'd be a little distraught too. There's no dead soldiers because most likely they all took off before Robb arrived because they knew they were outnumbered. They just killed all the prisoners before they left because the Mountain is a huge asshole.

i sincerely hope you are right that it is either harenhal, or riverrun, but if you watch the last episode of season 2 after winterfel is destroyed, none of the bodies are burnt and the fires have basically died out at that point.

If you we're to assume that Catelyn and Robb's army went to Harrenhal then Riverrun then the Twins. They would surely meet up with the BWB on their way to Harrenhal. And while Robb and Cat have their own storyline happening in the same timeframe as Arya they will depart Riverrun and make for the Twins around the same period.

And like I mentioned before Robb's would be bringing his army along with him. Arya and the Hound will travel much faster and reach the Twins before Robb.

It wouldn't make sense. It would be petty writing, which I doubt D&D created.

The Riverlands is a pretty huge area I've been led to believe so I don't think you just "run into" people when you go from one place to another, there are a variety of ways to get from one spot to another. The BwB are an outlaw group who have a hideout in a cave and slip in and out of small villages when they need shelter and supplies. That's why they've been able to evade the Mountain/Lannister forces around Harenhal for this long. I don't think they need to worry about running into anyone.

You're seriously overthinking this.

The Riverlands is a pretty huge area I've been led to believe so I don't think you just "run into" people when you go from one place to another. The BwB are an outlaw group who have a hideout in a cave and slip in and out of small villages when they need shelter and supplies. That's why they've been able to evade the Mountain/Lannister forces around Harenhal for this long. I don't think they need to worry about running into anyone.

You're seriously overthinking this.

You still haven't explained how Robb and Cat would arrive before Arya and the Hound under those erroneous assumptions.

I'm convinced they're going to go really quite far with Dany's story this Season. We may even get so far as to completing the events of Yunkai.

My reasoning?

So far all the evidence we have points to the Purple Wedding not being included. HBO will want this series to last a while, especially as ASoS is so good, and so I doubt they would cram in two major events in two back to back episodes. However, no PW will leave people really depressed after the events of the Red Wedding and they will need some balance. Lady Stonehart's resurrection will probably not be enough, but Dany conquering Yunkai could well be. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get to Ygritte's death in Jon's storyline (too depressing) and so Jon hasn't got a huge amount to do this season. Tyrion's story is even less busy in the books and so someone else has gotta take up the screentime. Dany.

But why would they want to rush the PW? The books after aSoS are a lot weaker and filled with far less exciting plot twists. HBO will want aSoS spread almost completely over two seasons with only minimal amounts from aFfC (such as the Kingsmoot). This will keep people captivated in the series for as long a time as possible.

:agree: I agree 100% with all of this.

It would be in their best interest to have Asha somewhere in this season since she has a lot more to do going forward, and things on Pyke overlap events of ASOS.

I think they should give Asha/Yara some scenes to build a little her character as well, if the Kingsmoot is in season 4, they need people to root/sympathize for her.

IIRC Asha is the first person to go to Winterfell after the sack, they probably show that (and her reaction to Theon's death/disappearance, and later her reaction to Balon's death nearly the end of this season

i concede that it does look like the same set as that shot with tywin. but catlyn's distraught face and the lack of dead lannisters and as far as i can tell any dead soldiers, in combination with what i consider to be a history of some very bad short cuts last season... let's just say i'm very skeptical about the decisions they make.

Prisoners from the Riverlands questioned for information regarding the BWB, slaughtered by Clegane before leaving... And that is the same set and same style of architecture as the shot with Tywin. It is Harrenhal. But you have no faith in D and D anymore so I guess it doesn't matter.

Read this, IT IS NOT WINTERFELL. I admit some bad decisions were made last season, but I am ignorant to the set/ budgetary logistics of the season so I am not going to cry about it. Why would those bodies still be fresh if they did all go back to winterfell? They would be covered in maggots or skeletons by the time Robb or Cat got back there, It is Harrenhal.

Prisoners from the Riverlands questioned for information regarding the BWB, slaughtered by Clegane before leaving... And that is the same set and same style of architecture as the shot with Tywin. It is Harrenhal. But you have no faith in D and D anymore so I guess it doesn't matter.

yes, you're right this show has been flawless, and D&D are above questioning lol. how dare i doubt.

yes, you're right this show has been flawless, and D&D are above questioning lol. how dare i doubt.

Wow, it appears you missed my second paragraph.

Guess since you did miss the second paragraph I should go back to my D and D idol and pray to them a little more.

ok, so if it turns out that it IS in fact winterfel, then what? are you going to still defend D&D? like last year when some of us were saying that catelyn was going to free jaime before she knew what happened at winterfel and everyone was like "no, they wouldn't do that, it wouldn't make any sense..."

They probably died of thirst, hence the lack of gore. I could write out a list of 100 reasons why it is not Winterfell and in fact Harrhal but I don't want to insult your intelligence or anyone else's on here.

You still haven't explained how Robb and Cat would arrive before Arya and the Hound under those erroneous facts.

At the Twins? Because Arya is not travelling the same route as Robb is and she is actually not even travelling at all for a large part of the season. She's hanging out with the BwB who are in their cave or up in the hills or wherever the hell they go to hideaway from the general population. She's with them for a good 7 episodes, then she escapes, the Hound captures her and they head to the Twins, which Robb and Cat have already arrived at an episode previous.

Are you asking why Robb coming up from Riverrun for the wedding at the Twins doesn't run into Arya? Ask Martin I guess since that's how it works in the books. Myself, I never gave it a second thought because I assume that there are multiple ways to get to the various locations on the show and Westeros being as large as it is, it fully makes sense that main characters don't just run into each other on the road.

You still haven't explained how Robb and Cat would arrive before Arya and the Hound under those erroneous facts.

Because Robb will be at Riverrun (leaving to the Twins) while Arya is still prisioner of the BWB at the Hollow Hill?

I guess (just my expeculation)Robb won't stay in Harrenhal more than 1 episode, then spend most of the season in RR, and leave to the Twins in episode 8. Arya will be with the BWB for most of the season, then be kidnaped by the Hound at ep 6 or 7, then move to the Twins, as you say 2 person move faster than an army, making her arrive at time for the wedding

Wow, it appears you missed my second paragraph.

Guess since you did miss the second paragraph I should go back to my D and D idol and pray to them a little more.

They probably died of thirst, hence the lack of gore. I could write out a list of 100 reasons why it is not Winterfell and in fact Harrhal but I don't want to insult your intelligence or anyone else's on here.

ok... you've got to stop editing your posts immediatly after you post them. it becomes very difficult to have a conversation. who died of thirst? you quote me, but i have no idea to what you are responding to.

ok... you've got to stop editing your posts immediatly after you post them. it becomes very difficult to have a conversation. who died of thirst? you quote me, but i have no idea to what you are responding to.

Alright, sorry for editing my post.

Here we go.

1. The architecture of the castle, and stonework are the exact same as Harrenhall.

2. The bodies are not burnt(Winterfell was)

3. There are far more bodies here than any of the bodies we saw in Winterfell, and they are not rotten(which they would be had Robb Taken the time to travel back to his capital city)

4. There is no core on the bodies, it looks like they were not massacred, quite possibly left there by Gregore, before Robb took it.

I am dissapointed with some of the decisions made in the second season but I have a funny feeling this season will be great, and D and D would not be that stupid. I think you know it is Harrenhall now.

Archived