Danny's hate for Starks...permanent?

drayrock

Ok substitute Arya for Jon, you think Jon is interested in hearing about all the nice Freys? He would do the same as Dany and be pissed at all Freys.

Unless they joined the NW, and hed still be suspicious.

My point is the frey's are a bad example. Because they are historically a shitty house. He wouldn't that off base making those assumptions ESPECIALLY after the red wedding. Maybe here and there there has been a shitty stark but I can't recall one! and that's why they inspire such loyalty in the north and have been around for so long. So your example of the frey's is bad because they would pretty much deserve that hate, even if one looks back a couple generations.

I don't know how she will react, but when she learns the truth if she still feels the same way then I can comfortably say there will be no hope for her. This would indicate(to me at least) that she is in fact a villain, an antagonist to be hated.

E-Ro, what will make her see the truth? I mean if she doesn`t believe barristan, whom would she believe? Who then can convince that in RR Starks were only defending? She is not a villain, she`s just being stubbon and childish on a matter which needs real approach and maturity

I kind of doubt the "smart" part ;) One of her advisor advised her to pull a RW on the Meereenese (thank gods she didn´t agreed with him) and another is an Ex pitfighter Eunuch. the only competent one is Barristan and she kind of refuses to listen to him ;)

Well I meant him! I guess only one smart person. Her handmaids aren't actually dumb at all now that I think about it they are smarter than pretty much all her advisors

I don't know how she will react, but when she learns the truth if she still feels the same way then I can comfortably say there will be no hope for her. This would indicate(to me at least) that she is in fact a villain, an antagonist to be hated.

There are no active Starks to be hated on at the moment, so she'll figure they're irrelevant. I don't think her attitude towards that family will be observable very soon. But if she conveniently pushes facts about her family's recent incompetence in Westeros, for the sake of 'I am fire lizard hear me roar', she'll be harder to sympathize with.

E-Ro, what will make her see the truth? I mean if she doesn`t believe barristan, whom would she believe? Who then can convince that in RR Starks were only defending? She is not a villain, she`s just being stubbon and childish on a matter which needs real approach and maturity

I agree that is the question. Because let's be real she needs to see the truth or from a reader's perspective your going to just get over her as a character... Were all rooting for house Stark here. I was and am currently in it for Danny to becuase for her to come out as she has given her past is an amazing feat. But with that you expect great things from her and she's pretty immature about somethings. Her blind compassion won me over but her blind hate is now competeing with that.

Dany doesnt have Google to study Westeros affairs.

Most of her Westeros books are bullshit stories rather than real history books.

She doesnt know about Selmys rep in Westeros, the last guy from Westeros admitted to being hired to kill her.

She definitely knows he's as prestigious as he is. She recognizes it when she brings him into the fold. And I highly doubt that she couldn't get a history book in fact I KNOW she has one because Jorah gives it to her as a gift. The history of Westeros.

Or the other way around, for example. But, what are you trying to say, really, because we could ask the whole Kingdom what they think about the whole Kingdom, and we would get tons of hate, but that's not relevant in this matter. What matters is, is that Daenerys is ignorant about what happened, that she doesn't want to change her precious worldview at the moment, but that she really needs to and even might in one of the next books, as I already said.

:agree:

Dany is ignorant and if she doesn't listen to the truth soon she'll be marked as a villain in my book.

She definitely knows he's as prestigious as he is. She recognizes it when she brings him into the fold. And I highly doubt that she couldn't get a history book in fact I KNOW she has one because Jorah gives it to her as a gift. The history of Westeros.

She reads the books Jorah gave her, they arent factual history books. They are the same kind of stuff that Sansa used to read.

She reads the books Jorah gave her, they arent factual history books. They are the same kind of stuff that Sansa used to read.

Hmm, I don't know if that's true or not. they're called the history of Westeros not the tales and stories. Can't argue with you but don't think I agree. In any case those tales surely have something about the stark's anyway. And she has a walking history book at least age wise by her at all times. My point is she has a blind hate the she could easily discover is falsely placed but refuses to try.

I don't think Dany's hate is necessarily illogical, but her refusal to accept things contrary to her world view and be open-minded about the possibility that Barristan Selmy knew what he was talking about is kind of troubling. I'm not faulting her for having a grudge against the Starks. Regardless of what happened between her father and theirs, she did end up a beggar most of her life. That being said, she needs to hear that truth before she can make an accurate judgement wrt the Baratheons, Starks, and Lannisters.

Hmm, I don't know if that's true or not. they're called the history of Westeros not the tales and stories. Can't argue with you but don't think I agree. In any case those tales surely have something about the stark's anyway. And she has a walking history book at least age wise by her at all times. My point is she has a blind hate the she could easily discover is falsely placed but refuses to try.

Yeh they are the same type of stories Sansa read, ill find the quotes when I get home. Dany makes a note of this.

I think she'll get over it. If I recall, she used to have a negative opinion of Selmy in the first book because he was in her father's kingsguard and went over to Robert. Then she met him, heard his story, and now he's on her kingsguard. So maybe it will take her meeting a Stark or maybe, like has already been mentioned, Tyrion will open her eyes. I definitely do not think she's a lost cause as far as this topic goes.

I think she'll open her eyes and change her mind once she gets the whole story. I feel like the main reason Barristan hasn't given her the whole story yet is because Martin is not ready for US to learn everything.

We know the story. Barristan doesn't know that much more as we already do. We heard the stories, what happened to King's Landing, Elia, her children and so on. We know of Robert's Rebellion and the events that were the run-up to that. Barristan knows practically the same things. When we will learn the whole story, it will not be from Barristan Selmy, sad to say.

I think she'll get over it. If I recall, she used to have a negative opinion of Selmy in the first book because he was in her father's kingsguard and went over to Robert. Then she met him, heard his story, and now he's on her kingsguard. So maybe it will take her meeting a Stark or maybe, like has already been mentioned, Tyrion will open her eyes. I definitely do not think she's a lost cause as far as this topic goes.

Tyrion has to be careful.. You never know when she's going to yell Dracarys with that loose tongue of his. :P

I think she'll open her eyes and change her mind once she gets the whole story. I feel like the main reason Barristan hasn't given her the whole story yet is because Martin is not ready for US to learn everything.

Well he tried to tell her all the stuff and she was all "naaaah not wanna hear…shut up…"

Tyrion has to be careful.. You never know when she's going to yell Dracarys with that loose tongue of his. :P

I mean point, but Tyrion can be quite crafty at times. I'll be the first to admit that I like Dany quite a bit, so I am quite biased, but I don't think she yells dracarys on first sight.

Archived