Bran's weirwood visions.

RadSam

I believe all these visions are events that occurred around Winterfell's weirwood and I don't believe Bloodraven has ever been to Winterfell. Like Fittlelinger says, I think that it's Brandon Snow and his plot to kill Aegon's dragons.

:agree: I don't think that BR was ever at WF not to mention that the colors are wrong

The vision he has of the pregnant lady seems significant, but that story has not been told or referenced yet. At first I thought maybe Brandon Stark's daughter, but that doesn't really add up. We can be certain that she is a Stark, but from when exactly I'm not certain.

there is a lot of holes in the bloodraven theory, that's why i said it's crackpot. the author of the theory was holding onto the hints that albino = pale and the weirwood arrows being something bloodraven would use. the red eyes are possibly dark red eyes (i know albinos have light red eyes but this is a fantasy world). as i said, crackpot.

A dark-eyed youth, pale and fierce, sliced three brances off the weirwood and shaped them into arrows - probably Lord Bloodraven, one of the Great Bastards. He is also believed to be the three-eyed crow. I suggest you read the three Dunk and Egg novels and/or search the wiki of ice and fire.

I don't think it's Bloodraven because the eyes should be red and given that Bran justly Bloodraven and saw his eyes, he wouldn't mistake red eyes for dark eyes.

I think this is Brandon Snow, the bastard half-brother of Torrhen Stark, who was the King Who Knelt. Brandon Snow had convinced his brother that they could asassinate the dragons. I think he was making arrows from the weirwood to kill the dragons. Weirwoods are very sacred so there must be a VERY important reason for someone to chop off branches. Simply using the arrows in battle doesn't seem enough reason. We haven't seen anyone else do something like that, even though we have seen a lot of important battles

While I agree that BR being the dark-eyed youth is pretty much crackpot, I don't think it's inconceivable that he visited Winterfell. If he traveled to the Wall by land, Winterfell would have been a natural stop on the way.

Maybe, I also think that he's probably visited Winterfell by way of raven too. I still don't think that the vision is Bloodraven, however.

The vision he has of the pregnant lady seems significant, but that story has not been told or referenced yet. At first I thought maybe Brandon Stark's daughter, but that doesn't really add up. We can be certain that she is a Stark, but from when exactly I'm not certain.

Could the pregnant woman be Ned's mother? She isn't mentioned in the books at all, and we don't know her backstory (yet).

Could the pregnant woman be Ned's mother? She isn't mentioned in the books at all, and we don't know her backstory (yet).

The dreams seem to follow some sort of order so that helps narrow down the timeline a bit. Ned's mother and grandmother are possibilities, but the pray is what makes me apprehensive about it being them. Why would they need sons for vengeance? Vengeance against who or what?

The dreams seem to follow some sort of order so that helps narrow down the timeline a bit. Ned's mother and grandmother are possibilities, but the pray is what makes me apprehensive about it being them. Why would they need sons for vengeance? Vengeance against who or what?

Definitely!

The Time in Bran's vision is running backwards (the trees are growing smaller), so it's definitely before Ned and his siblings are born, and if the tall knight is Ser Duncan the Tall (who else?), then there are no other possibilities.

I think it's Ned's grandma.

She had only one child (Rickard, Ned's dad), and a possible reason may be that her husband was killed while she was pregnat, so this would explain her prayer for a son as well the fact that there are no other siblings to Rickard.

Ned's mother had 4 Children, and at the time of Rickard's and Brandon's death by the Mad King she wasn't pregnant, and there were always two sons to avenge her Husband and her oldest son.

There has been a plausible suggestion that all will be revealed in the forthcoming She Wolves of Winterfell.

While I agree that BR being the dark-eyed youth is pretty much crackpot, I don't think it's inconceivable that he visited Winterfell. If he traveled to the Wall by land, Winterfell would have been a natural stop on the way.

Agreed. The king's road to the Wall takes you straight through Winterfell. Also we know that he has been at Winterfell many times through ravens and the godswood because he tells Bran that he has been watching Bran and all his siblings their entire lives. Those lives were lived at WF

I believe all these visions are events that occurred around Winterfell's weirwood and I don't believe Bloodraven has ever been to Winterfell. Like Fittlelinger says, I think that it's Brandon Snow and his plot to kill Aegon's dragons.

Okay, there's no need to shout.

Well it might be true songs are not always true that goes for the stories as well.They tell that Bael and girl were in love but what if she was raped for a year and left with a child as a spoiled princess.Noone wants to marry her because she has a child from a wildling and is spoiled by that wildling so she wants revenge for Bael ruining her life and shaming his family name.Sounds reasonable.But I don't remember the exact order of the vision so I don't know.Maybe this is GRRM telling us Bael wasn't about love and romance and the same goes for R+L ?

I think the pregnant woman is the one Bael the Bard "abducted and seduced", and her son ended up killing him.

Theone with the "Knight as tall as hodor" sounds like dunk, and considering the next novella is "The she - wolves of winterfell" this looks likely.

Archived