A Younger, More Beautiful Queen

BeWareOfMyHouse

By now, I think almost all readers realize that a majority of Cersei's paranoia stems from the prophecy made by Maggy the Frog. In it, we find four crucial predictions made by Maggy (some of which have already come true).

1. That her husband would have 19 children, while she would have three (correctly predicted).

2. That Cersei would outlive all of her children, all of whom would die as kings and queens (correctly predicted in the case of Joffrey. The fates of Myrcella and Tommen remain to be seen).

3. And that one of her younger brothers would end her life (I personally think it'll be Jaime).

4. That a younger, more beautiful queen would take everything from Cersei.

From what I've read here on the boards, most people seem to think that Margaery is the younger, more beautiful queen that will take everything from Cersei. It's very logical, as Margaery seems to already be on her way to accomplishing this goal.

But, like so many often do, I think we're forgetting that there is another queen on the other side of the world. Daenerys Stormborn.

It seems unlikely that any other queen besides Dany or Margaery would be in a position to depose Cersei. Stannis Baratheon's wife, Selyse, is around Cersei's same age. Robb's queen, Jeyne Westerling, is now a widow and unlikely to enter the storyline as a major player this late in the series. Asha Greyjoy is alive, but does not rule the Iron Islands (although I'm pulling for her to kill Euron, for sure). Sansa Stark seems to be the most likely out of the entire group of outliers not named Dany or Margaery, as she is often described as being incredibly beautiful (for her age), and is obviously younger than Cersei. However, I don't think Sansa would sit next to the King of the Iron Throne; MAYBE as Queen in the North.

So then, Dany or Margaery? Or someone else?

I actually edited in a sentence making a case for Sansa before I saw this, haha. Yes, I do believe she's the most likely out of the queens not named Margaery or Dany.

Out of Dany, Margaery and Sansa, Sansa deserves the revenge on Cersei

I agree with King of Starks. It will probably be Sansa. I think that both Dany and Margaery are bluff. Margaery for Cersei while Dany is for the readers. Sansa being the one of the prophecy would make more sense because: 1. Sansa being the one would create a complexity to it where M ore D wouldn't. Sansa and Cersei hate each other. They have unfinished business with each other. 2. Sansa took a couple of things away from Cersei so she is definitely a candidate. 3. The parallel between Sansa and Cersei makes it, again, more interesting. 4. Sansa has the advantage of having a foreshadow in the HBO Series where as M ore D don't. 5. Sansa being the one casting Cersei down would be karma as she had suffered under her hand.

By now, I think almost all readers realize that a majority of Cersei's paranoia stems from the prophecy made by Maggy the Frog. In it, we find four crucial predictions made by Maggy (some of which have already come true).

1. That her husband would have 19 children, while she would have three (correctly predicted).

2. That Cersei would outlive all of her children, all of whom would die as kings and queens (correctly predicted in the case of Joffrey. The fates of Myrcella and Tommen remain to be seen).

3. And that one of her younger brothers would end her life (I personally think it'll be Jaime).

4. That a younger, more beautiful queen would take everything from Cersei.

From what I've read here on the boards, most people seem to think that Margaery is the younger, more beautiful queen that will take everything from Cersei. It's very logical, as Margaery seems to already be on her way to accomplishing this goal.

But, like so many often do, I think we're forgetting that there is another queen on the other side of the world. Daenerys Stormborn.

It seems unlikely that any other queen besides Dany or Margaery would be in a position to depose Cersei. Stannis Baratheon's wife, Selyse, is around Cersei's same age. Robb's queen, Jeyne Westerling, is now a widow and unlikely to enter the storyline as a major player this late in the series. Asha Greyjoy is alive, but does not rule the Iron Islands (although I'm pulling for her to kill Euron, for sure). Sansa Stark seems to be the most likely out of the entire group of outliers not named Dany or Margaery, as she is often described as being incredibly beautiful (for her age), and is obviously younger than Cersei. However, I don't think Sansa would sit next to the King of the Iron Throne; MAYBE as Queen in the North.

So then, Dany or Margaery? Or someone else?

First, welcome to the forums. Since you`re new, please allow me to clarify few things

1. The correct number of Robert`s bastards is 16

2. She was talking about shrouds, and the word has more meaning than one

3. The word used is valonqar, Maggy never precised it was her valonqar

4. This one you got right

My personal opinion is that it will be Sansa. Dany and Margaery doesn`t fit me, but it`s just my opinion.

Again, welcome to the forums.

Well, I wouldn't completely discount Daenerys as the queen to overthrow Cersei. After all, GRRM has spent more time with Dany, in terms of chapters, than just about any other character in the books besides Jon and Tyrion. You could even make the argument that Dany is the "main character" of the series, even though there really isn't a true sole protagonist.

If Daenerys IS a Red Herring for the throne of Westeros, she'd probably go down as the most prolific Red Herring in the history of world literature, considering Martin has dedicated more than A THOUSAND pages to her storyline of taking the Iron Throne of Westeros. It seems to be her only "real" goal. I can't imagine why or how GRRM could dispose of her after following her story for so long, especially after everything she's gone through on Essos.

The funny thing is, does the prophecy relate to Cersei pre children, post children, Pre Feast for Crows, because this lady is fading fast.

The average flee bottom whore working for LF is probably better looking than her now, maybe even that Queen of Whores the Frey dude was hanging around with at Riverrun.

I think it is Dany as she is the person Cersei has been spending the least amount of attention on, if any at all.

Besides, Sansa isn't going to be proclaimed the Queen in the North by LF but as Lady of WF.

Jaime is the valonqar.

I cannot die while Cersei lives, he told himself. We will die together as we were born together.

We will leave this world together, as we once came into it.

"If he were dead, I would know it. We came into this world together, Uncle. He would not go without me."

"He was your twin, your shadow, your other half, another voice whispered. Once, perhaps, she thought. No longer. He has become a stranger to me.

Jaime gets a golden hand to replace the one he lost; the Hand of the King usually wears a golden hand of some form on his person to signify his position. This foreshadows Jaime finally accepting Cersei's offer for the position of the Hand. Like Tyrion did with Shae, Jaime will wrap the Hand's chain, consisting of golden hands, around Cersei's throat and choke her to death.

Archived