TV Tommen [Spoilers]

AManofManyFaces

I finally found a reason to post! I actually prefer having an older Tommen, for a couple reasons.

First of which being that "aging up" the role allows for the casting of a better actor. Just like in "Ender's Game", B&W have to know that too much focus on child actors really lowers the value of the on-screen product. Making Tommen older means (hopefully) making the on-screen depiction better.

Secondly, I hope that having an older Tommen allows them to focus on the better parts of his personality. He has a sense of adventure that is very Robert-like, and the books have multiple depictions of Tommen attempting to joust and getting smacked around by Bran in Winterfell. Hopefully the show will focus on Tommen's youthful desire to be a great warrior and the bond he forges with Loras Tyrell. It's actually a very Kingly trait and something I found to be endearing in the novels. You also get the sense that, outside of Margaery and Cersei's battle for control, that other members of the court actually want this sort of king.

He wouldn't be 8 year old even if they didn't age him up from season 1. Loras said he was 8 in season 1, so he'd have to be at least 10, or 11.

Still, quite tall for a 10/11 years old boy. Not that I'm complaining though, cast small children for a TV show will always be a problem, they'll probably won't mention his age at all and hope most viewers forget how young he's supossed to be:p

Still, quite tall for a 10/11 years old boy. Not that I'm complaining though, cast small children for a TV show will always be a problem, they'll probably won't mention his age at all and hope most viewers forget how young he's supossed to be:p

Pretty much this. And Tommen's not the only one getting visibly older. They're not going to be able to hide Bran and Rickon's actors aging for much longer.

Well it will be intresting to see how the staff will play this out. Tommen is now way too old just playing with cats and outlawing beets. I think they probably go in to that direction where Tommen and Margaery will have some kind relationship. Maybe some kissing scenes for example. I highly doubt there will be sex scenes between them, because obvious reasons.

Well how are they going to explain Tommen and Marg not sleeping together if he's not a little boy?

Archived