3) Lord Snow (S01E03)

4) Second Sons (S03E08)

5) What Is Dead May Never Die (S02E03)

6) The Ghost of Harrenhal (S02E05)

7) A Man Without Honor (S02E07)

8) The Night Lands (S02E02)

9) Winter Is Coming (S01E01)

10) Baelor (S01E09)

If you give 10 points to no.1, 9 to no.2 and so on, the top episodes so far are-

1. Blackwater (152 pts)

2. The Rains of Castamere (128 pts) (w/ max number of #1 rankings)

3. Baelor (118 pts)

4. Fire and Blood (85.5 pts) (the 0.5 from the guy who had it tied for #10)

5. And Now His Watch is Ended (85 pts)

6. Kissed by Fire (84 pts)

7. Second Sons (54 pts)

8. The Pointy End (44 pts)

9. What Is Dead May Never Die (35 pts)

10. A Golden Crown (34.5 pts) (the 0.5 from the guy who had it tied for #10)

I'm going to break up the post a little and just throw in that 'What is Dead May Never Die' is such a great episode. Theon sympathy and all that.

Bryan Cogman ladies and gentlemen :bowdown:

Apart from GRRM's episodes, I think the three that he has written are arguably the most enjoyable from the perspective of a book reader, simply because his scripts not only have a lot of backstory and hints to the books, but Cogman, for the most part, manages to maintain the essence of the series' characters, despite their changes in the show.

I gave a buddy from work (who has been saying he "doesn't get all the Game Of Thrones hype" )my Season 1 DVDs to watch over the weekend. He called me Friday night and was like, "OMG! Baby dragonssssss!!!!" LOL! Totally got him hooked! :D

My personal Top 5 would be:

1.) Rains Of Castamere

2.) And Now His Watch Is Ended

3.) Blackwater

4.) Fire And Blood

5.) A Golden Crown tied with Second Sons

1.Rains of Castamere.- All the storylines were interwoven perfectly and this was such a game-changing,palette cleansing episode. Bran warging, Jon betraying the Wildlings,Daeny taking Yunkai were all excellent and the obvious Red Wedding sealed it as one of the greatest TV episodes ever. It's rated a 9.8 on IMDB right now.

2.Baelor-Ned dying. Nuff' said. Revolutionary event.

3.Blackwater

4.And Now His Watch Is Ended

5.The Old Gods and The New

6.You win or You Die

7.A Golden Crown

8.Kissed By Fire

9.Winter is Coming.

10.Fire and Blood

My top four are Blackwater, Baelor, Kissed by Fire, and The Wolf and the Lion in that order.

Blackwater because I had just finished A Clash of Kings before it aired and was really pumped to see how the battle would turn out. I was blown away. The CGI was so perfect and the explosions were reminiscent of atomic blasts. Both in visuals and in audio. You could actually hear the lives being extinguished in that massive, terrifying wave of wildfire. Sandor's reaction was brilliant. He kind of says "Oh my..." but so low under his breath, it's barely a whisper. The siege almost looked as good as something from Lord of the Rings but with the benefit of awesome gore. I also really liked how they replaced Tyrion's chain with a decoy ship and Bronn's fire arrow. It saved time, money, and worked out wonderfully. A stark contrast to "The Rains of Castamere." It probably ranks first in my favorites just because I was going nuts over the special effects the entire time.

Baelor because Ned, my favorite character, got killed unexpectedly. The moment Joff said "but they have the soft hearts of women," I was like "oh fuck, they got me" and had to cock a smile before my face fell into my palms. I remember coming off of pain meds from an accident at work around the same time that episode aired so I was extra sad. It was not a good day. I would have curled up into a ball in cried had I not kept telling myself how stupid that would be. Any piece of entertainment that can make me feel a way such as that is doing its job damn well.

Kissed by Fire because I had already read all these sad scenes between these characters yet the actors made it so much more real for me. It might have just been the way I was feeling that day but when I first watched this episode, I got teary eyed even when Ygritte told Jon she never wanted to leave the cave they were in. Arya's parts were definitely the saddest. "I could be your family" and "could you bring back a man without a head?" were two of the best lines in the entire third season. The way Beric tried to comfort her was so well written as well and tore at my heart. Then Jaime's scene... For some reason (and I know I'm going to get butchered for this), I never knew anything about the Wildfire Plot. It sounded familiar but I guess I just never payed attention at that point in the books. Jaime had already been basically redeemed in my eyes after the A Feast for Crows/A Dance With Dragons but hearing him tell Brienne about rescuing the inhabitants of King's Landing saved his character completely. At first, I was like "why wasn't this in the books?" Then I thought "oh wait..."

The Wolf and the Lion is the episode that initially sparked my interest in the show. Gregor vs. Sandor is still one of my top five moments in Game of Thrones history. I always wanted to see more of that monster but, unfortunately, never got the chance. Jory's death and the slaughter of Ned's household guard also evoked some powerful emotions in me.

The Pointy End also deserves an honorable mention for the ending where Littlefinger showed his true colors.

1- Baelor

2- The Pointy End

3- Kissed By Fire

4- Rains Of Castamere

5- The Wolf and The Lion

6- The Golden Crown

7- Blackwater

8- The Kingsroad

9- Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things

10 - A Man Without Honour

1. The Rains of Castamere

2. Blackwater

3. And Now His Watch is Ended

4. Baelor

5. What is Dead May Never Die

6. Kissed by Fire

7. The Wolf and the Lion

8. A Golden Crown

9. Walk of Punishment (not much love for this so far?? I'll chalk it down to the forgetful name...)

10. Winter is Coming

Just missed the cut: Fire and Blood; Valar Dohaeris; Valar Morghulis; The Old Gods and the New; You Win or You Die.

I just did a re-watch of Second Sons, and realized what a perfect episode it is. It doesn't have a single scene that isn't quality, and there is this warm-yellow theme throughout the episode, which makes everything flow very well. All the character arcs in that episode are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Blackwater - 9.75 (unprecedented, and unmatched, in many respects)

2. The Rains of Castamere - 9.5 (Dany and Sam's parts in the episode keep it from being even higher, but the North and Riverlands played off each other so well in showing the tragic separation and loss of the Stark family)

3. The Wolf and the Lion - 9.5 (the Ned / Jaime duel is still one of the most memorable scenes, let alone fights, in the entire show for me. One of the best changes of the series. And this was also the episode we got the incredible Robert / Cersei dialogue, the Eyrie, and the Hound vs. the Mountain)

4. Baelor - 9.5

5. Kissed by Fire - 9.25 (Cogman always gives his episodes the feel of the books, and this one was executed near flawlessly while containing some of the best scenes of the season, in the form of Beric vs. the Hound, Jaime's bathtub confession, and Tywin's betrothal revelations. It also contained some of the best Stannis material of the season.)

6. Winter is Coming - 9.25 (It would be greedy to have asked for a more perfect beginning to the series)

7. Fire and Blood - 9.25 (Still by far the most impactful ending, and obviously greatest finale, of the show)

8. And Now His Watch is Ended - 9 (two major set piece moments (I actually thought Craster's keep was even better than Dracarys) and an otherwise Varys-centric episode make this an easy entry)

9. What is Dead May Never Die - 9 (Varys' riddle, Tyrion's 123 ploy, Brienne's introduction, Yoren's talk with Arya and last stand, and Theon's best scenes of the season he shined in, namely his conflict with his father leading to his choice, and culminating in the gorgeous letter burning and baptism scenes)

10. Dark Wings, Dark Words - 9 (this felt more like a proper premiere in many ways than Valar Dohaeris did. Arya and Bran's storylines for the season began with great promise, and we got two deservedly fan-favorite scenes that were done quite well, in the form of Sansa's lunch with the QoT and Jaime and Brienne's duel. This episode also gave us one of the best invented scenes of the show in Margaery's masterful manipulation of Joffrey and his crossbow, which had some brilliant dialogue and remains Margaery's best scene yet)

Honorable Mentions (above 8.5): A Golden Crown, The Kingsroad, Mhysa, Second Sons, and The Ghost of Harrenhal, for being the third and final episode of season 2 that I fully enjoyed seeing the first time through.

Archived