Which queen is the fairest of them all?

The Taxman

Probably a matter of taste on who's the most beautiful. I would say Sansa, since she's my fav :D but it's clear that almost all of Martin's heroines are beautiful or getting there (except Brienne, poor girl).

And I think people are making a mistake when they write off Margaery because Cersei said she wasn't beautiful. Cersei is too proud to admit that anyone could look better than her. Also, Cersei thinks that just because Marg has brown eyes and hair, she's somehow too "common-looking" and that most of her beauty just comes from being young. Probably a gross oversight on her part, since some of the most beautiful real-life women are brunettes. I'm sure there are many people who would prefer Margaery or Arianne over Cersei or Dany, despite the latter two having blonde hair and interesting coloured eyes.

Daenerys Targaryen is the fairest queen of them all. Sansa is younger than Daenerys and still needs more time to blossom, but even at her age she is considered very beautiful, one of the beauties of Westeros. Cersei used to be very hot, but she's gained weight and she's started to age.

I like the Valyrian features of Silvery/ashen hair and purple eyes(especially that!). So, naturally, I'd go for Dany.

Next I'd say is Lyanna and Ashara.

And since Arya is supposed to look like Lyanna I'd say she'd be damn beautiful too when she grows up a little.

Someone should make a similar thread about the males XD Then I'd go on and on about Rhaegar's looks <3

I agree, you should start one. It'll be fun!

either Arianne for the seductive look or Margaery for the more innocent but not really look. personally not really into the blonde look (or silvery blonde look in Dany's case) myself though

EDIT: Bonus points for Arianne not being a child

It depends. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In Cersei's eyes, she's the most beautiful woman there is. For Petyr, it was Catelyn until he replaced her with Sansa. Dany is also described as the most beautiful woman but maybe because she's the queen, though Illyrio admits that she's fair and he and Viserys lusted for her.

:agree:

It's clear that people in the thread have different ideas of beauty, and we've seen some of the actresses.

Some like the wild, unconventional beauty e.g. Lyanna, Val whereas others (aka me) like the classic, prim, lady look e.g. Sansa, Arianne

It's difficult, they are all beautiful, but everyone says that Cersei looks incredible. Most likely if we take a 20 year old Cersei she would be number 1. The only competition she has is Daenerys, everyone says the same, that she is the most beautiful woman in the world... but she has other perks, her Valyrian heritage, white hair, purple eyes, a warrior queen, dragons, so maybe she really isn't so hot ... We simply don't have enough info to compare the two.

Anyway, if I were to chose one in the OP would be Arianne, she is the hottest, but not the most beautiful.

And I don't like the wild, unconventional beauty so even though I'd think Lyanna and Val were ok looking, I'd still prefer Sansa, Arianne and Margaery

Margaery's prim, proper and has the classic looks, Lyanna on the other hand was wild and unconventional. Personally I prefer Margaery, prim girls who make an effort are always nicer IMO

It's clear that people in the thread have different ideas of beauty

Some like the wild, unconventional beauty e.g. Lyanna, Val whereas others (aka me) like the classic, prim, lady look e.g. Sansa, Arianne

It is clear people have different ideas of beauty and I would really love to see a picture of what you think Lyanna looks like and to know how you define "unconventional beauty". You do realize that Lyanna was never described as an unconventional beauty in the books and it's just your own idea? Lyanna is described as beautiful several times in the books, and I'll post quotes below, and once as a wild beauty but never "unconventional" so I'm not sure where you got that impression. Maybe it's the wild beauty comment which I suppose could mean different things to different people. :dunno: Anyway I thought I'd link the GRRM approved picture of Lyanna from the graphic novel because I think Lyanna looks very beautiful.

Lyanna is never described as unconventional in the books. That's certain people in the fandom.

I obviously agree with ARYa_Nym and I wanted to post quotes (maybe because I'm a nerd :P and I like it)

AGoT

(Ned) Lyanna had only been sixteen, a child-woman of surpassing loveliness

(Robert on her statue) "She was more beautiful than that"

(Ned) "You even look like her." (Arya) "Lyanna was beautiful," Arya said, startled. Everybody said so

(Renly says this about Margery) "but there were those who said she looked like Lyanna"

"You never knew Lyanna as I did, Robert," Ned told him. "You saw her beauty, but not the iron underneath"

ADWD

(Kevin) The northern girl had a wild beauty, as he recalled, though however bright a torch might burn it could never match the rising sun.

Brienne of Tarth.

Because she has the most beautiful heart :wub:

I'm only partially kidding though~

Dany is obviously set up to be the most beautiful woman in the world as the series stands at ADwD. And it's important to remember that beauty is more than just superficial appearance - there's charisma, carriage, poise, personality, etc. - which probably accounts for why the book canon seems to set Dany up as this world-renowned beauty whereas the other women are beautiful but not famously so.

However, in this context, I really do find Brienne gorgeous - she has an inner moral strength that has yet to be exhibited by any of the other girls (and I'm a huge~ Sansa/Dany/Margaery fan) and she is capable of sincerely and selflessly loving another person. Think of her as an anti-Cersei - plain on the outside~ beautiful on the inside.

Archived