Which queen is the fairest of them all?

The Taxman

Oviously Dany. If we are talking about the actresses on the show or if we could somehow conjure up the characters from the novels in the flesh than we could say I prefer "..." over "..." based on personal preference. However, in the novels its clear that Dany is by far the most beautiful. IIRC she is described as having an unworldly beauty like her ancestor Queen Naerys. But in stark contrast with Naerys she's strong and confident.

I was just thinking about it yesterday. According to Tyrion, Sansa is the most beautiful of the King's Landing "queens" (he remarks she is even more beautiful than Margaery at Joffrey's wedding).

Nope. He said Sansa was just as beautiful (or comely, or lovely or whatever it was) as Margaery, not that she was more beautiful. I always got the impression that Cersei was far more beautiful than either Sansa and Margaery in her prime. Cersei never seemed particularly threatened by Sansa's beauty, either; however beautiful Sansa is, she's probably not that stunning if Cersei is secure enough about Sansa's beauty to praise her beauty to her face (as she does before Sansa's wedding).

Daenerys is supposedly "the most beautiful woman in the world", but she was never compared to any of those other "queens", nor has anyone she ever met. For this reason I'm very curious to see Tyrion's thoughts on her, and how she will place on his "hotness chart" (he met most of them).

I imagine we'll get confirmation when Tyrion meets Dany that she is indeed more beautiful than any of the other "queens."

Nope. He said Sansa was just as beautiful (or comely, or lovely or whatever it was) as Margaery, not that she was more beautiful. I always got the impression that Cersei was far more beautiful than either Sansa and Margaery in her prime. Cersei never seemed particularly threatened by Sansa's beauty, either; however beautiful Sansa is, she's probably not that stunning if Cersei is secure enough about Sansa's beauty to praise her beauty to her face (as she does before Sansa's wedding).

That's probably because Martin hasn't come up with the idiotic Maggy the Frog prophecy when he wrote the first 3 books.

That's probably because Martin hasn't come up with the idiotic Maggy the Frog prophecy when he wrote the first 3 books.

Agreed. Martin originally planned for Cersei's downfall to happen over several years. Adding Maggy helped to provide reasons for it to take place in only a few months. I take this in to account on a few SSMs too, older ones before he dropped that five year gap.

Also, the answer to the OP is Sansa.

It's either Davos, or E-ro, depending on what universe you reside in.

Though come to think of it, I might be biased, since I happen to think that questions like this are about as logical as "what flavor of icecream has the most right angles?".

Agreed. Martin originally planned for Cersei's downfall to happen over several years. Adding Maggy helped to provide reasons for it to take place in only a few months. I take this in to account on a few SSMs too, older ones before he dropped that five year gap.

Also, the answer to the OP is Sansa.

Well, as Cersei's losing her looks, "more beautiful than Cersei" is a lower and lower bar.

It still doesn't mean that Sansa is the most beautiful of the KL "queens," since it seems she's tied with Margaery at best. At any rate I think neither Margaery nor Sansa can hold a candle to Dany, whose beauty actually seems to be the stuff of legend. While not all Targs are beautiful, it seems like the beauty of the better-looking Targs far outstrips that of mere mortals (Cersei thinking that gorgeous Jaime is a "stableboy" compared to Rhaegar). I think we can assume the same of Dany vs. Margaery/Sansa.

The fact that Tyrion never got a good look at Dany in ADWD in the fighting pits suggests to me that he's going to be floored when he finally does get a look at her.

Well, as Cersei's losing her looks, "more beautiful than Cersei" is a lower and lower bar.

It still doesn't mean that Sansa is the most beautiful of the KL "queens," since it seems she's tied with Margaery at best. At any rate I think neither Margaery nor Sansa can hold a candle to Dany, whose beauty actually seems to be the stuff of legend.

You do know that beauty is subjective right? There is no measuring stick to determine who is the most beautiful of all. A single line by Tyrion isn't the be all end all.

As bbstark said earlier, it's like asking the best flavor ice cream.

Dany is the first...Targs' beauty is legendary

http://ice-marioteodosio.deviantart.com/art/Dracarys-348509955

Sansa each time you see her...she became more beautiful..it is like you can always fall in love with the same girl.

http://akizhao.deviantart.com/art/Sansa-51420757

But for me Lyanna will always be the Queen of Love and Beauty.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Lyanna-Stark-Game-of-Thrones-153185241

You do know that beauty is subjective right? There is no measuring stick to determine who is the most beautiful of all.

Well, in this series, we have certain hints to guide as to which characters are supposed to be more beautiful than others. We also have a type of person who tends to possess beauty which objectively--within the context of the series, at least--is known to outstrips that of other types, something not true in real life (where we don't have Veela or Targs or what have you). Beautiful Targs seem to be more beautiful than any "normal" female beauties, bar none. Thus the greatest beauties in ASOIAF history tend to be--surprise, surprise!--Targs. Thus, unsurprisingly, Dany is acquiring a reputation as the most beautiful woman in the world, while Sansa, Margaery, Cersei, etc. go without similar superlative descriptions.

A single line by Tyrion isn't the be all end all.

Maybe not, but it's a very strong indication.

As bbstark said earlier, it's like asking the best flavor ice cream.

But we can all agree premium ice cream made with organic cream, and the best, freshest, purest possible ingredients is always going to be of objectively higher quality than cheap generic brand ice cream, can't we? Targ beauty = premium ice cream. Everyone else's beauty = generic brand ice cream. You might prefer cheap Neapolitan ice cream to the expensive stuff because it reminds you of your childhood or whatever, in the same way that you might prefer a McDonald's hamburger to a Kobe beef burger at a high-end restaurant, but that doesn't make it better.

Also, as the identity of the "more beautiful [than Cersei]" queen who is prophesied to take her down is a plot point of interest, these sorts of debates as to 1) how beautiful Cersei is and 2) which of the present or possible queens is more beautiful than she is are kind of inevitable. You can blame GRRM for that.

So yeah, all the available evidence is that Dany's beauty >>>>>> everyone else's. Not quite sure why that's so controversial to point out.

Well, in this series, we have certain hints to guide as to which characters are supposed to be more beautiful than others. We also have a type of person who tends to possess beauty which objectively--within the context of the series, at least--is known to outstrips that of other types, something not true in real life (where we don't have Veela or Targs or what have you). Beautiful Targs seem to be more beautiful than any "normal" female beauties, bar none. Thus the greatest beauties in ASOIAF history tend to be--surprise, surprise!--Targs. Thus, unsurprisingly, Dany is acquiring a reputation as the most beautiful woman in the world, while Sansa, Margaery, Cersei, etc. go without similar superlative descriptions.

Maybe not, but it's a very strong indication.

But we can all agree premium ice cream made with organic cream, and the best, freshest, purest possible ingredients is always going to be of objectively higher quality than cheap generic brand ice cream, can't we? Targ beauty = premium ice cream. Everyone else's beauty = generic brand ice cream. You might prefer cheap Neapolitan ice cream to the expensive stuff because it reminds you of your childhood or whatever, in the same way that you might prefer a McDonald's hamburger to a Kobe beef burger at a high-end restaurant, but that doesn't make it better.

Also, as the identity of the "more beautiful [than Cersei]" queen who is prophesied to take her down is a plot point of interest, these sorts of debates as to 1) how beautiful Cersei is and 2) which of the present or possible queens is more beautiful than she is are kind of inevitable. You can blame GRRM for that.

So yeah, all the available evidence is that Dany's beauty >>>>>> everyone else's. Not quite sure why that's so controversial to point out.

I actually agree with this.

To an individual character, Sansa or Marg might be more beautiful than Dany, but from a general consensus point of view, Dany is clearly being set up to be the "fairest of them all." This doesn't necessarily mean that she is the queen of Cersei's prophecy, since the only requirement for that prophecy is that the queen be younger and fairer than Cersei.

Realistically, these girls all grew up in a medieval environment. Whatever potential may have been in their genes wouldn't have been as well realized as we are used to. They couldn't compare to any of the hotter girls you knew in high school.

Going by the show, of course... well, I still can't decide. We haven't seen Val yet, and I would not doubt an age-appropriate Margaery, Sansa, and Dany would be a dead heat.

It still doesn't mean that Sansa is the most beautiful of the KL "queens," since it seems she's tied with Margaery at best. At any rate I think neither Margaery nor Sansa can hold a candle to Dany, whose beauty actually seems to be the stuff of legend. While not all Targs are beautiful, it seems like the beauty of the better-looking Targs far outstrips that of mere mortals (Cersei thinking that gorgeous Jaime is a "stableboy" compared to Rhaegar). I think we can assume the same of Dany vs. Margaery/Sansa.

The fact that Tyrion never got a good look at Dany in ADWD in the fighting pits suggests to me that he's going to be floored when he finally does get a look at her.

But I always considered that quote has more to do with Cersei lusting about power and become a queen than the actual beauty of Jaime and Rhaegar, she idealized Rhaegar because he was the prince she always dream to marry as child, and live happily ever after

Unless, we have one POV comparing Sansa Dany Margaery Arianne, I can't say.

Even then, it will only be that character's opinion. I mean, look at the tournament at Harrenhal. Barristan thought Ashara was the most beautiful, Kevan think it was Cersei, and Rhaegar crowned Lyanna as Queen of Love and Beauty :dunno:

It's either Davos, or E-ro, depending on what universe you reside in.

Though come to think of it, I might be biased, since I happen to think that questions like this are about as logical as "what flavor of icecream has the most right angles?".

Much as i love myself and davos(slight edge to myself) I think its shireen!

Archived