Favourite original line?

Dragonstoned

Varys: I've always hated the bells. They ring for horror, a dead king, a city under siege...

Tyrion: A wedding.

Varys: Exactly.

:agree: Brilliant!

But out of all the available choices, I might have to go with "My real father lost his head at King's Landing." :frown5:

Can`t remember if it's in the book or not. But this scene Cersei a bad a$$ to me. Cersei Lanniste: I heard a song once, about a boy of modest means, found his way in the home of a very prominent family. He loved the eldest daughter. Sadly, she had eyes for another.

Petyr Baelish: When boys and girls live in the same home, awkward situations can arise. Sometimes, I've heard, even brothers and sisters develop certain affections. And when those affections become common knowledge, well that is an awkward situation indeed, especially in a prominent family. Prominent families often forget a simple truth I found.

Cersei Lannister: And which truth is that?

Petyr Baelish: Knowledge is power.

Cersei Lanniste: Cut his throat. No, wait. "chuckles" I've changed my mind. Let him go. Step back three paces. Turn around. Close your eyes. Power is power.

Can`t remember if it's in the book or not. But this scene Cersei a bad a$$ to me. Cersei Lannister: I heard a song once, about a boy of modest means, found his way in the home of a very prominent family. He loved the eldest daughter. Sadly, she had eyes for another. Petyr Baelish: When boys and girls live in the same home, awkward situations can arise. Sometimes, I've heard, even brothers and sisters develop certain affections. And when those affections become common knowledge, well that is an awkward situation indeed, especially in a prominent family. Prominent families often forget a simple truth I found. Cersei Lannister: And which truth is that? Petyr Baelish: Knowledge is power. [Cersei pauses a moment] Cersei Lannister: [to her guards] Cut his throat. [her guards move to do so] Cersei Lannister: No, wait. [chuckles] I've changed my mind. Let him go. [her guards do so] Step back three paces. [they obey]. Turn around. [they obey] Close your eyes. [they obey]. Cersei Lannister: [steps up to Petyr] Power is power.

Nah, the real Littlefinger wouldn't be quite that reckless with his words, at least to the queen.

Archived