Favourite original line?

Dragonstoned

Varys: I've always hated the bells. They ring for horror, a dead king, a city under siege...

Tyrion: A wedding.

Varys: Exactly.

everyday i walk to my work, the "Beursklok" the old bell that hailed the traders inside the exchange, rings from 8:55 to 9:00.

its the loudest bell in Amsterdam, with a very distinctive sound

and everytime i think of this scene :-)

• 8 months later...

Bringing this thread back because season 4 gave us so many wonderful new lines. My favourite for this season:

Thorne: I said nock and hold, you cunts! Does nock mean draw?

NW brothers: No, sir!

Thorne: Does fuckin' hold mean fuckin drop?

NW brothers + Gren: No, sir!

Thorne: You all plan to die here tonight?

NW brothers + deadpan Jon: No, sir!

Thorne: That's very good to hear! Draw!

I love you, show Aliser :lmao:

"What the fuck's a Lommy?"

"I understand if any more words are coming out of your cunt mouth, I have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

"You lived your life for the king, are you going to die for some chicken now?"

"Someone is."

"Who wants to pass the bloody gate?"

"The bloody Hound!"

kind of sums up S4. Was there anything else? Not much...

"Everywhere in the world they hurt little girls" - Cersei Lannister

"Sansa's not a killer. Not yet anyways." - Tyrion Lannister

"War is war, but killing a man at a wedding, horrid. What sort of monster would do such a thing? As if men need more reasons to fear marriage." - Olenna Tyrell

CERSEI: You think I'd let that old lecher put his hands on me? He smells like a dead cat.

JAIME: I'm not sure I've ever smelled a dead cat.

CERSEI: They smell like Pycelle.

JON: Have you ever been beyond the Wall, sir?
SLYNT: I commanded the City Watch of King's Landing, boy.
JON: And now you're here. Must not have been very good at your job.

"Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn fucking Trant?" - Sandor Clegane

"It is rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead Lannisters." - Oberyn Martell

OBERYN: And what are you? His hired killer?
BRONN: Started that way, aye. Now I'm a knight.
OBERYN: How did that come to pass?
BRONN: Killed the right people, I suppose.

"You won't be a very good Hand if you see the word knight and say 'ka-niggit.'" - Shireen Baratheon

"There's only one reliable leader left in Westeros. Stannis. He's got the birthright. He's in his prime. He's a tried and tested battle commander. And he doesn't just talk about paying people back, he does it." - Davos Seaworth

"You're the golden son. You could kill a king, lose a hand, fuck your own sister, you'll always be the golden son." - Tyrion Lannister

"The interesting thing is our vows never specifically forbid intimate relations with women." - Samwell Tarly

"Do you know what leadership means, Lord Snow? It means that the person in charge gets second guessed by every clever little twat with a mouth. But if he starts second guessing himself, that's the end. For him, for the clever little twats, for everyone. This is not the end. Not for us. Not if you lot do your duty for however long it takes to beat them back. And then you get to go on hating me, and I get to go on wishing your Wildling whore had finished the job." - Alliser Thorne

MANCE: He was their King, last of a bloodline that stretches back before the First Man.

JON: Grenn came from a farm.

MANCE: Mag and Grenn.

JON: Grenn and Mag.

(drink)

Oberyn Martell: People everywhere have their differences. In some places, the highborn frown upon those of low birth. In other places, the rape and murder of women and children is considered distasteful. What a fortunate thing for you, former Queen Regent, that your daughter Myrcella has been sent to live in the latter sort of place.

everything the hound said in s4.

"what the fuck's a lommy?"

(about arya as a sex buddy: "she's good. i've had better"

"I think I'll have two chickens"

"I understand that if another word comes pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every chicken in the room"

sandor interupting the farmer's prayer at dinner: "are you going to do all seven of the fuckers?"

arya: "father!" this father was probably the funniest thing all season for me. just how she said it was so not arya. hahahaha

Archived