Favourite original line?

Dragonstoned

This is your city Stannis means to sack. That's your gate he's ramming. If he gets in its your houses he burns, your gold he steals, your women he will rape. Those are brave men knocking at our door, lets go kill them.
Tyrions speech is my favorite part of game of thrones yet. Giving this speech while they are ramming the gate. Awesome

Stannis' entire speech about the siege of Storm's End - "Ate the cats first. Never liked cats."

"I am the blood of old Valyria. Valyrian is my mother tongue."

"Does that make you feel better or worse?"

"It doesn't make me feel anything."

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

"There's no cure for being a cunt."

"Gods help you Theon Greyjoy, now you are truly lost."

"Fuck the City. Fuck the Kingsguard. Fuck the King." (Just an altered line I know, but it's so much more epic on the show)

"What do you want, my lord?"

"Oh, everything. All there is."

"Anyone can be killed."

Most of Ramsay's lines are gold...half for the line, half for the presentation.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." -- love Ramsay's almost-chuckle

"Do I look like a fucking Umber to you?" -- funny nod for book fans

"Do you think I'm some sort of savage?"

"Do you think I'm some sort of savage?"

I swear Iwan Rheon is trumping Jack Gleeson in the industrial strength Nut Case department.

The timing between Iwan and Alfie , and the eye contact between them!

"Nooooo... pork sausage. Do you think I'm some sort of savage?"

I fell out my chair.

Ned - "You served him well when serving was safe."

Is this in the books? Love it.

That whole exchange between Jaime and Ned was legendary.

"Thank the Gods you're here, Stark. About time we had some stern, Northern leadership."

"Glad to see you're protecting the throne."

"Sturdy old thing. How many king's arses have polished it, I wonder? And... what's the line? The king shits and... the hand wipes."

"Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it."

"I know. People have been swinging at me for years but they always seem to miss."

"You've chosen your opponents wisely then."

"I have a knack for it."

"Must be strange for you, coming into this room. I was standing... right here when it happened. He was very brave, your brother. Your father too. They didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that."

"But you just stood there and watched."

"Five-hundred men just stood there and watched. All the great knights of the Seven Kingdoms, you think if anyone said a word, lifted a finger... no, Lord Stark. Five-hundred men and this room was silent as a crypt. Except... for the screams of course. And the Mad King laughing. And later, when I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as your father burned. It felt like justice."

"Is that what you tell yourself at night? You were a servant of justice; that you were avenging my father when you shoved your sword in Aerys Targaryen's back?"

"Tell me... if I stabbed the Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?"

"You served him well, when serving was safe."

Amazing none of this was even in the books.

That whole exchange between Jaime and Ned was legendary.

Amazing none of this was even in the books.

The writing for most of the non-book Season 1 scenes really was top-notch.

There's also this gem from Tywin:

"The lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep"

"And then we will kill them all" - Catelyn

"Are the two mutually exclusive in your experience?" - Maester Luwin to Theon, on the difference between a guest and a prisoner.

Archived