Who would declare for Dany's and/or Aegon's claim?

adiman83

I think house Tyrrell will be the perfumed seneschal. But there may be a few possibilities. While on Dragonstone, Ser Loras may have learned about her as well as Aegon as well as the true threat from the north (if Stannis had them mining dragonglass like he said he would)

The Hightowers would, I believe. Unless they see Ser Jorah at her side again.

If Dorne supports Aegon, it wouldn't surprise me if Dany gets the support of the only other kingdom with an unused army: the Vale.

I guess it would be too easy for Dany if she won Westeros with too much support... So, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she lands and wins very few allies. But regardless, I imagine she'll be the ultimate victor (after all, that's what her story has been building to). She'll just have to beat all the other contenders for the throne.

But then it would be fairy tale esque. GRRM is not like that. He wouldn't write so cliched ending like that.

There's no way for the Tyrells to have Marg as Queen if they support Dany.

This.

This is exactly why I don't see the Tyrells supporting Dany.

Maybe if Tomment dies they would try to broker a Marg/Aegon marriage.

But I do not see what they have to gain with Dany as a ruler.

And I do not see why the Vale would support her either.

This.

This is exactly why I don't see the Tyrells supporting Dany.

Maybe if Tomment dies they would try to broker a Marg/Aegon marriage.

But I do not see what they have to gain with Dany as a ruler.

And I do not see why the Vale would support her either.

:agree:

Same sex-marriages were not around then.

They are better of not supporting anyone and staying neutral.

Exactly Marg wants to be THE QUEEN.

Marg wants to be the queen in the show, in the book, LF says "she'll keep her crown and her maidenhead neither of which she wants" and Olenna goes on about her oaf of a son's royal ambitions. I think marg would definitely give up her crown if it meant her families survival.

Marg wants to be the queen in the show, in the book, LF says "she'll keep her crown and her maidenhead neither of which she wants" and Olenna goes on about her oaf of a son's royal ambitions. I think marg would definitely give up her crown if it meant her families survival.

Nope. She is as Tyrell as she gets. Remember Mace is in charge of the Reach, he would want his daughter to be THE QUEEN too.

I have long thought that House Hightower and Tarly will turn on the Tyrells eventually, so I could see them allying themselves with either. Perhaps its more likely that they would go with Aegon, for the time being.

And Mace is the Lord of Tyrells. So it's enough, if you ask me.

And it's Mace who makes the decisions, Olenna has influence but she's not in charge.

Mace will do whatever suits him best. If it meant being on the winning side and keeping a seat on the small council, he'd have loras sneak marg out of kl then declaring his unending targ support

I have long thought that House Hightower and Tarly will turn on the Tyrells eventually, so I could see them allying themselves with either. Perhaps its more likely that they would go with Aegon, for the time being.

They will go with whoever helps them with Ironborn. Considering Aegon is in Westeros, and Dany is strolling around grasslands in Essos - I think it is likely they will support Aegon. The Hightowers anyway.

I don't see Tarly turning on Tyrell. I think he will remain loyal to them.

Archived