Who would declare for Dany's and/or Aegon's claim?

adiman83

But, really, the idea behind the Vale supporting Dany is simply to balance out the numbers. If Aegon is supported by Dorne and Dany has no support from Westeros, it won't be very convincing when she ultimately beats him (and if you don't think Aegon, a character introduced in the fifth book, is going to be beaten by one of the primary protagonists of the series, then I'm really lost for words).

Dany will already have the Iron Fleet, Unsullied, Dothraki, an assortment pf sellswords, and three dragons I don't think she needs to be just given the Vale to make the fight between her and Aegon more even. Especially, as there have little to foreshadow the Vale as being Dany supporters within the books.

I think most of the lords who might declare for Dany haven't been identified yet as secret Targ loyalists. For the most part, they have thought the Targaryens dead and beaten for a decade and a half. Only recently has Dany emerged to offer anything, and she's a girl, normally she couldn't claim the throne by inheritance. She's going to have to become Aegon the Conqueror, as she now realizes.

And once she does show up, the lords will have to decide whether to go for her or fAegon. I think most of them probably won't know themselves which way they will go. A lot will like to sit out the DoD 2.0 until a clear winner is emerging.

Arguing with the text now are we? Read the end of the quote again, "neither of which she especially wants".

Edit: You didn't ask about the rest of the family, you asked about Marg wanting to be queen or not.

Actually there were two parts of the post.

I was asking for the latter and didn't specify.

Like, I said, I've been drinking.

Apparently we have all forgotten about the Dragonbinder. If the horn works the way Moqorro claims it does, and if Victaryon gives it to her and doesn't become its master, she can use it to control all three dragons. As of recently, I am assuming that Dany already has control over Drogon. Not complete control but enough.

So with the army she can gather up (Khal Jhaqo's Dothraki, the Unsullied, at least 2 companies of sellswords and whatever soldiers she gathers up from the freed slaves) and the 3 dragons, I don't think she would give a rats ass if anybody declares for her at first. She could use the fear factor: support my claim or burn in your castles.

And what about Garlan, Willas or Loras?

What of Alerie?

You're right. "Neither of which she especially wants", but what of the other tyrells?

I think Ollenna DOES make it clear that she considers Mace to be the most ambitious and the least intelligent Tyrrell. And Loras is a young version of Jaime (don't make me dig for that quote too, it's a Jaime chapter) and Jamie makes it clear throughout the entire series that he's never wanted to rule. (Not finding those quotes either but it the first one is right before he pushes Bran from the window)

I think Ollenna DOES make it clear that she considers Mace to be the most ambitious and the least intelligent Tyrrell. And Loras is a young version of Jaime (don't make me dig for that quote too, it's a Jaime chapter) and Jamie makes it clear throughout the entire series that he's never wanted to rule. (Not finding those quotes either but it the first one is right before he pushes Bran from the window)

Loras being a young version of Jaime =/= he is basically Jaime Lannister entirely as a person.

And being the most ambitious and least intelligent Tyrell does not mean he is the only one who wants Marg to be queen.

Loras being a young version of Jaime =/= he is basically Jaime Lannister entirely as a person. 

And being the most ambitious and least intelligent Tyrell does not mean he is the only one who wants Marg to be queen.

Fair enough. I disagree with you, you've been drinking and I don't think it matters all that much.

I can help :D

He’s me, Jaime realized suddenly. I am speaking to myself, as I was, all cocksure arrogance and empty chivalry. This is what it does to you, to be too good too young.

Exactly Westeros Diplomacy is a lost cause for Dany.

But it's not for Tyrion. Granted, he's considered a kinslayer etc., but might still be effective in certain ways. And Dany has one ace up her sleeve. Assuming, as most posters do, that fAegon really is false and therefore an imposter impersonating a Targaryen prince, if she can reveal his secret or at least cast enough doubt, many would-be supporters might abandon him.

As far as I'm aware, polygamous marriages stopped with Aegon I so they likely gave that practice up so the rest of Westeros would be more likely to accept them.

Rhaegar and Lyanna may have been married (alongside Rhaegar and Elia) but that's debatable.

No, Maegor the Cruel was most likely polygamous. However there has definitely not been polygamy in the Targaryen household after the death of the dragons. When they have dragons they could do whatever they wanted, when they didn't have them anymore they had to become more Westerosi- like.

But it's not for Tyrion. Granted, he's considered a kinslayer etc., but might still be effective in certain ways. And Dany has one ace up her sleeve. Assuming, as most posters do, that fAegon really is false and therefore an imposter impersonating a Targaryen prince, if she can reveal his secret or at least cast enough doubt, many would-be supporters might abandon him.

Tyrion is one of the most hated individuals in all of Westeos so I doubt he will be some convincing diplomat.

Tyrion is one of the most hated individuals in all of Westeos so I doubt he will be some convincing diplomat.

Maybe not but he still has the skills and knowledge so he could give some really good counseling on who can Dany negotiate with and how to do it.

I agree with Minsc, Tyrion's Kinslaying and KingSlaying acts would not be pardoned in Westeros, hes gonna have a hard time to take complete control of Casterly Rock. No one would want Tyrion in their court. For Dany, Barristan Selmy is a good choice hes honorable and revered among gallant Knights, I like the guy hope he doesn't die.

Archived