Who would declare for Dany's and/or Aegon's claim?

adiman83

Except House Martell, who made their Targaryen support quite clear, which other House you think would declare for either one of the two Targaryen claims?

Because I don't really see anybody else supporting them. The Lannisters are clearly out of the equation, for obvious reasons and the North either wants independence or already declared for Stannis or Tomen (to be read as Cersei). The Vale never even got involved in the War of the 5 Kings so I doubt they will care about the Targ claims. But that was with Lysa so now with Littlefinger, who knows? The Riverlords might either support the North or Tomen. The Freys are Lannister puppets so they don't really count.

Should Tommen die, Tyrells might offer Margaery for Aegon. But then there is Arianne - and would Dorne support Aegon then?

For Daenerys it looks even worse; she is already married, (believed) barren and has three uncontrollable dragons. There is Victarion of course, but he is neither powerful nor bright. Her forces might be very small following Battle of Meereen.

Are the dragons not the point though? The realm was won by dragons in the past. Even though Aegon looks more powerful at the moment she could fly to Westeros on her own on one dragon and seem more of a threat. I know they are not fully grown but its the fear factor of it.

Are the dragons not the point though? The realm was won by dragons in the past. Even though Aegon looks more powerful at the moment she could fly to Westeros on her own on one dragon and seem more of a threat. I know they are not fully grown but its the fear factor of it.

How long can you put people under fear. I bet the Maesters have a found a way to subdue the dragons.

Yes but Dany has very little control over her Dragons at the moment, when the Targs conquered Westeros they had been breeding Dragons for war for years and were able to control them.

How long can you put people under fear. I bet the Maesters have a found a way to subdue the dragons.

Agreed things have moved on in Westeros since Aegon conquered it.

There won't be a fear factor, if the dragons are not grown. There won't be a Field of Fire v2. And Aegon controlled his dragons, whereas Dany does not.

I think she won't get much support, when people find out how her dragon burned a Prince of Dorne.

Dorne might declare for Aegon.

And I think the Tyrells will remain with Tommen. They already have really high positions + a puppet king who will give them whatever they want.

If Dany decides to take the IT, then the Greyjoys will support her. Although I doubt that she will play the game if she finds out about the real threat. I can see her going to the wall.

If Arriane marries fAegon there's no way The Reach will. The Westerlands will stick with Tommen. The Stormlands, Vale, Riverlands and North got rid of the Targs and won't be so ready to accept them again. Plus if Stannis wins the North some of the more pro Stark Riverlands houses could declare for him along with the Vale if Sansa marries Harry and SR dies.

No one's going to declare for Dany, except for some minor lords who want to improve their lot.

If Arriane marries fAegon there's no way The Reach will. The Westerlands will stick with Tommen. The Stormlands, Vale, Riverlands and North got rid of the Targs and won't be so ready to accept them again. Plus if Stannis wins the North some of the more pro Stark Riverlands houses could declare for him along with the Vale if Sansa marries Harry and SR dies.

No one's going to declare for Dany, except for some minor lords who want to improve their lot.

Exactly Westeros Diplomacy is a lost cause for Dany.

The Martells will obviously be for Aegon. The Tyrells who where very loyal Targ supporters will probably support Dany, especially if Tommen and Myrcella die. The Iron Born will also support Dany. The Vale, who knows how that will play out with LF and Sansa/Harry the heir. The North will depend on the battle for WF. The Westerlands and Stormlands who knows? Riverlands, Walder will support whoever looks like their going to win.

The Martells will obviously be for Aegon. The Tyrells who where very loyal Targ supporters will probably support Dany, especially if Tommen and Myrcella die. The Iron Born will also support Dany. The Vale, who knows how that will play out with LF and Sansa/Harry the heir. The North will depend on the battle for WF. The Westerlands and Stormlands who knows? Riverlands, Walder will support whoever looks like their going to win.

Well you take Dorne out of Equation due to Quentyn's death and her treatment of his. Tyrells are loyal targ but they are greedy too, seeing the tides turning to Aegon with Dorne joining in, Tyrells might be convinced to join the fold. Westerlands never, The Vale 50/50, Riverlands impropable, The North as you said depends on Battle of WF.

It makes no sense to build up the Dance of Dragons 2.0 if not one major house will declare for Dany. Dorne might declare for Aegon, and he'll conquer Storm's End and might even sit on the Iron Throne, but I think because of it, the Tyrells might resent him and declare for Dany, along with possibly the Ironborn. Crackpot theory: The Vale declares for Dany. If they don't go North to recover Sansa's birthright... Might be possible.

Edit: If Dany can get a hold of her three dragons... I think we might have a nice parallel with Aegon being fed to Drogon, like Rhaenyra was to Sunfyre.

Archived